It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Try Some Jesus

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: sweets777

I know she can speak for herself, but she didn't call you a name, she made a supposition as to why people might be getting mad atcha.

Funny irony is that it took you only two minutes after her two-minute response to accuse her of something she didn't do.

You're not making a great case concerning your "side's" temperament on the subject.

ETA: Try some Secular Humanism. You might then realise that you don't have to try anyone to be the best human being you can be.
edit on 29-1-2015 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

originally posted by: sweets777
a reply to: Jamie1

thanks for proving my point it took two minutes for someone to come on here and call me a name sorry jesus makes you so mad lady

Why is it important for you to ascribe the emotion of anger to me, and lie about me calling you a name?

It's because he tried Jesus.... Their all the same silly cult. Make crap up n such... Just like their phones baloney Jesus
edit on 29-1-2015 by AK907ICECOLD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:14 PM
link   
actually tring Jesus will ultimatly end bad for the person.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   

See, darkness covers the earth and thick darkness is over the peoples,
Let no man deceive you by any means: for that day shall not come, except there come a falling away first,
edit on 063131p://bThursday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

a reply to: Grimpachi

Boy is he in for a suprise.

...and a rude awakening. He probably has no idea he just joined a site that has an atheist/non-religious majority.

I am new to so don't mind me if I do some things wrong till I get the hang of it.

So what you are saying is that I, as a Christian, should expect to be ganged up on.
I don't try to cram my beliefs down anyone's throat, but I do love me a good debate. I am studying to become a writer and feel that coming to ATS to post (been a member for a long time but mainly just an eavesdropper) is a good way to get in the practice. Debating intelligently is what I want. I do research other religions and I have a vast circle of culture and different belief systems in all of the wonderful and loving people that surround me.
I will say, however, that I disagree with all but the beliefs that hold closest to my own. That is never a reason to treat anyone badly but I have already noticed here on my second day of posting, that not many people hold that belief either. I mean, if you don't want to believe in God and Jesus fine. But why the need to degrade and belittle people that do. I can see it if people come off as arrogant or self righteous or even just overly sensitive, but I have so far witnessed it from people who just seem to be mean people, also arrogant in their NON belief. Sweets777 I love Christ with all my heart and it allows me to try my best to love everyone else as well. It also allows my to have understanding and patience with people that don't feel the same as I do. When I help a person in need, I do it because I should not because Jesus said I should. What people don't seem to realize is this, Jesus was a teacher. He didn't teach anything new, he taught what people should have known already. Most of us do these things already, regardless of what we believe. What Jesus did do for us that matters most is he paid the price for us that none of us was capable of paying. If you are trying to help a drug addict get clean, you don't do it by saying "Try some Jesus, kid". You do it by quietly demonstrating the love you hold for your fellow man and take necessary actions to get them straightened up. And when that person is clean and back on the straight and narrow and comes to you and hugs you and thanks you and asks you "Why? You didn't have to help me!" You say "Yes I did, Jesus told me to." But if you are never asked, you should never say it. It is easier to say you love God than it is to show it.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The Spirit clearly says that in later times some will abandon the faith and follow deceiving spirits and things taught by demons

This is especially true of those who follow the corrupt desire of the flesh and despise authority. Bold and arrogant, they are not afraid to heap abuse on celestial beings

Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour.
How that they told you there should be mockers in the last time, there will be scoffers who will follow their own ungodly desires.

Surely he scorns the scorners: but he gives grace to the lowly.

The mocker seeks wisdom and finds none, but knowledge comes easily to the discerning.

remember the words that were spoken beforehand

edit on 063131p://bThursday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: sweets777
I find it funny how mad people can get from just saying something as small as try some Jesus.

I can see this happening, since this is the typical kind of Jesus marketing that clueless Christians come up with every once in a while that sounds clever, but really just illuminates the ignorance of the person using it. This kind of person sees Jesus as this kind of happy, hippie guy who just loves everybody and wants everybody to get along, rather than the complex and determined Jewish political figure, sorcerer and necromancer. It's like they never actually read the Gospels for themselves, and relied on their Sunday School teachers to fill them in on everything they might need to know about Jesus.

Try some Jesus? How about if I try that part where I use the demon Beelzebub to bring Lazarus back from the dead? Or the part where I work with Salome to have my cousin John the Baptist beheaded so I can take over his teachings and his following?

Christian sloganeering is just the worst. "I found it!" Okay, you found it. Now leave.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
If the world hates you, you know that it has hated Me before it hated you. If you were of the world, the world would love its own; but because you are not of the world, but I chose you out of the world, because of this the world hates you

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

Generally, I doubt people get mad at the words, "try some Jesus."

They probably are reacting to the arrogance and condescension of the one saying those words.

YOU FREAKKING ROCK!!!! Excellent way to put it!

-NF

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Trolling 101.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Well, he asked.

I gave him a straight answer instead of making fun of him/her.

Carry on with your bad selves.

edit on 073131p://bThursday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

edit on 073131p://bThursday2015 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Kusinjo

Yes, I did say "boy is he in for a surprise", but I think you have taken that out of context and misinterpreted what I mean.

Some context:

Sweets replied to a post that stated there isn't a shred of evidence that Jesus actually existed (Bible excluded of course), and he claimed "there are tons of records from historians that lived at the time he did and right after theres alot of evidence in writings of even the pagans at the time of the miracles of jesus christ " .

Now I don't know if he was blatantly lying or if he is completely ignorant of the truth, but he couldn't have been more wrong. Considering he is a new member he may not have perused the religious threads where this topic often comes up. If and when he does look in those threads he is most certainly going to be surprised either at his own ignorance or that statements like his are not going to fly without a healthy smack of reality.

The comment wasn't in any way purposed to tear down his religion, but a prediction of his reaction when the ignorance gets denied.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Fair enough.
I appreciate that. I will be the first to admit. In my research, I DO find it hard to justify my beliefs based on historical fact. There really isn't any HARDCORE proof to substantiate the existence of Jesus of Nazareth. Doesn't mean it isn't out there, just that it hasn't been found yet. I have found that I cannot debate based on things I don't know or can't show. Which is why out in the world I prove my faith with my actions alone. Doesn't really do me any good to jabber in someones ear about the wonders of Jesus and God if my life doesn't reflect the truth of my words. On ATS, however, all I have is words.
Thanks for being cool with your response. I am glad to be on ATS even if I am in the minority!!!!!

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Kusinjo

I play nice with those of faith that are honest. Most here do and if your beliefs are faith based that is absolutely fine I wouldn't even try to dissuade you of that.

It is when I am in debates with those of faith and they try to misrepresent the evidence or even outright lie about it that things can get touchy.

Just yesterday I was in two threads with religious subject matter and in each thread there was a poster making up complete fabrications and cherrypicking both the Bible and historical documents to make a point. The obfuscation was so blatant that I had personally never seen anything like it from anyone on any subject before.

You don't seem like the type based on this conversation that would do that sort of stuff so welcome to ATS there are plenty of subjects and personalities to entertain.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Try some Inanna.

She loves and welcomes all equally, and doesn't discriminate based on age, ethnicity, gender, or sexual preference.

Best of all, she responds to many names, and is willing to work within the culture that you hail from, rather than asking you to change who you are to better suit her preferences.

~ Wandering Scribe

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Thank you, I appreciate the compliment! I try to see myself as a believer in life and a lover in self. I have found that, for me personally (although, I would be lying if I said I didn't wish it for others) I have found that to truly love life and my own self, I need to learn how to do it from the ONE who loved life and myself before the creation of the universe. Now that might sound preachy, but it is how I feel. As far as people making crap up to suit their own agenda? I think it makes them look bad and it is counterproductive to the actual goal. Which is to bring people to Christ where ever possible. You don't do it by dragging them kicking and screaming. And you don't do it by promising magic and riches and an improvement to your earthly life. What a lot of people really don't understand, especially those running our religious establishments, my faith doesn't promise me that my surroundings will improve if I accept Christ. My spirit will. As far as convincing people with testable evidence, I have some ammo. If I am not sure of something or don't fully understand it, I will never try to present it to you. I feel that is the only logical thing. I am not going to promise you the light will go on if I have never flicked the switch to see it for myself.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

just for the record all my point is you can just mention the name jesus and watch the debate and anger ensue lol
in all honesty i could care less what people think or beleave its just fun to see people get all fired up love ya all
and god be with ya

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

just for the record all my point is you can just mention the name jesus and watch the debate and anger ensue lol
in all honesty i could care less what people think or beleave its just fun to see people get all fired up love ya all
and god be with ya

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:54 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

im pretty sure i got it right it might not of been directed to me but to say people speaking of jesus are arrogant and conseded
that was kind of my point you cant mention the name jesus without getting people mad or at least see some name calling but oh well im not mad lol

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 11:56 PM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

oh i thought lady was a good word how can man or gentleman be ok but lady isnt hmmmm

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join