It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Try Some Jesus

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:03 AM
link   
I find it funny how mad people can get from just saying something as small as try some Jesus.
It seems anytime you have a theological debate or just religion talk people can get so mad at the name of Jesus being said.
Now the athiest just love to get in a scientific debate with you and i understand that.
But what i dont understand that in an open debate the so called new agers get down right mean or sometimes even violent making threats and
sometimes even try to cause harm to someone .
And these are the people that are so called enlightened.
It would seem to me if you are so solid in your beliefs wether it be atheism or wicca or whatever the mention of one mans
name should not get people so upset
And the only time i say try some jesus is when i see something either so sad or so sick its the only simple answer i can give them.
Im glad i can take refuge in places like this where open debate is welcomed freedom of speech is cherrished and peoples opinions are valued not silenced .
But sometimes it is funny just saying something so simple can get people soooo mad lol

+13 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: sweets777

Generally, I doubt people get mad at the words, "try some Jesus."

They probably are reacting to the arrogance and condescension of the one saying those words.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   
"Try some Jesus" - is that a new version of "What would Jesus do?" ?

Sounds like something from an advertisement. And silly, too.
"Try some Jesus" - "yeah, today I would like the bashing of the money-lenders and some table-tipping, please."

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Sweet Jesus with bacon and a side of fries.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Jamie1

thanks for proving my point it took two minutes for someone to come on here and call me a name sorry jesus makes you so mad lady

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:16 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

It does roll off the tounge but i dont wanna make a jesus slogan lol

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: igloo
Sweet Jesus with bacon and a side of fries.

And hold the Jesus please

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:21 AM
link   

i talk to a lot of young people in inner city area kind of as a mentor so it usually comes out when im talking to young girls about getting out of prostitution and herion abbuse not drugs the king of drugs heroine .So mabey that makes me arrogant and condasending lol
and here i thought it just made me loving.
But i do find it funny it made jamie 1 mad so mad she jumped on to call me names and prove my whole point .
I love being smart now if only i could spell better

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:23 AM
link   

and boy if you could see the situation some of these young boys and girls are in .....jesus isnt a bad option .

+3 more 
posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jamie1

Generally, I doubt people get mad at the words, "try some Jesus."

They probably are reacting to the arrogance and condescension of the one saying those words.

Exactly.

OP's, I myself grew up in a Christian home. I have "tried" drinking the Jesus juice and it tastes foul in my mouth; hurtful to my person; and side effects not limited to complete loss of rational thinking.

Thanks, but uh, no thanks.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

it does sound silly but its silly i choose to attack sickness with i hear so many youg people trying to quit
heroine they say i tried subutex i tried suboxen i tried cold turkey and i cant do it so i say try some jesus
when i was hooked and i mean hooked on painkillers it helped me .
Rather if its all true or not he is real or not if it helps some young beautiful people get off that junk before they
lose all their light ill just keep on saying it .....in highnsight though it does sound like the got jesus slogan ...im sad now lol

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:28 AM
link   

What a stupid suggestion that is "try some jesus"

There is not a shred of evidence this person ever even existed, purely mythical, like unicorns and goblins.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

i also find it weird that people can have such hatred towards a man that said very loving things
and it seems those who are against him the most cant tell me one of his sayings

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: sweets777

i talk to a lot of young people in inner city area kind of as a mentor so it usually comes out when im talking to young girls about getting out of prostitution and herion abbuse not drugs the king of drugs heroine .So mabey that makes me arrogant and condasending lol
and here i thought it just made me loving.
But i do find it funny it made jamie 1 mad so mad she jumped on to call me names and prove my whole point .
I love being smart now if only i could spell better

Thank goodness you don't mentor in spelling, punctuation, or grammer. Just stick with the Jesus stuff, you will do great things...
edit on 29-1-2015 by AprilFooseball because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:34 AM
link   
a reply to: korkythecat

there are tons of records from historians that lived at the time he did and right after theres alot of evidence
in writings of even the pagans at the time of the miracles of jesus christ greek historians roman historians jewish historians ect..just becuse you have never read any of it dont mean it dont exist.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: AprilFooseball

its 430 in morning in ohio i dont care anymore lol.
usually i do pretty good though ..........nut thanks that was funny i needed the laugh

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:45 AM
link   

I understand the point you are making here but i actually agree with Jamie1. People generally don't get annoyed at the mention of Jesus, it is more when you are told in a forceful (aggressive seems too strong a description) and / or condescending manner that Jesus is the answer to whatever the disucssion is about.

I also disagree with your assertion that Jamie1 made for your point for you - in point of fact she neither agreed or disagreed with your statement. Instead it was an offered insight into why your point may be the case.

If Jesus works for you, great and good luck with that. If Jesus doesn't work for you and something else does, also great and good luck with that too.

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:51 AM
link   

"You had me at...Jesus"

"Who would Jesus do?"

"Got Jesus?"

"Jesus....remember that name."

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: sweets777
a reply to: Jamie1

thanks for proving my point it took two minutes for someone to come on here and call me a name sorry jesus makes you so mad lady

Why is it important for you to ascribe the emotion of anger to me, and lie about me calling you a name?

posted on Jan, 29 2015 @ 03:56 AM
link   

try some Jesus.

Gimme a dime bag.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join