It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeowner not charged after shooting Oklahoma police chief three times in raid

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Homeowner not charged after shooting Oklahoma police chief three times in raid: cops

Just another case of the police raiding the wrong house but this time instead of a civilian being killed, or their dog, the police chief was shot 3 times, twice in the chest and once in the arm. He's expected to make a full recovery thanks to his bullet proof vest.

Why did they raid? A bomb threat was called into police in the wee hours of the morning so it was time to gear up and not announce who you are as you bust down doors! This homeowner is a gun lover. Funny note, he also had signs on his property about a pending zombie apocalypse. The police brought him in for questioning and also confiscated his weapons. After an investigation they released him and returned his property.

An unusual tale of the police owning their mistakes but it just goes to show you how badly they screwed up.

Btw, the bomb threat was a prank. Fine police work.

Arrest made in connection to Oklahoma bomb threat

SENTINEL, Okla. – Officials have made an arrest in connection to a bomb threat made to an Oklahoma school.

Authorities say 27-year-old James Edward Holly was arrested for allegedly calling in a bomb threat to the Community Action Center in Sentinel, Oklahoma.

The Community Action Center is a head start program for children in the area.

Calling in bogus bomb threats to a children's head start center? What a scumbag.

edit on 21-1-2015 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Glad to hear everything worked out.

Another reason I'm looking forward to retirement in oklahoma.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Funny note, he also had signs on his property about a pending zombie apocalypse

Then the guy is Shake-n-Bake.

If he was the real deal, it would have been double taps to the head, not chest and arm markers.

I should know - Level 31 Tranzit....single player.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Man the guy that ended up getting charged for the threats looks like a total tool...has that kind of smug look that makes you want to slap it off his face.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

True that!

But I don't think he was worried about the zombie attack, more like he was worried about survivors looting his guns! If the Walking Dead taught us anything it's that the survivors are the ones you have to watch out for, not so much the zombies!

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:24 PM
link   
a reply to: coldkidc

Yeah I'd hate to judge a book by it's cover but you're right, I'm glad this guy was arrested.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:34 PM
link   
God knows what motivated this tool to call in a bomb threat to get this person SWATted.

The poor guy probably thought his home was being broken into.

BTW, I want to throw this out there, SWATting against gun owners is a strategy advocated by anti-gun groups like Mom's Demand Action.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

The jackass who called in the fake threat had nothing to do with police screwing up an address and raiding someones home.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

BTW, I want to throw this out there, SWATting against gun owners is a strategy advocated by anti-gun groups like Mom's Demand Action.

Yea but each caller only gets one 'get out of jail free' card.
The second time is inducing panic or calling a fake police report.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   

The guy got SWATted. That's why his place was raided.

It wasn't until after he was arrested, his guns confiscated, and questioned that they realized what had happened.

Linky

The homeowner who nearly killed a Sentinel, Okla., police chief during a swatting incident raid won’t face charges since officers entered the house on a false report.

They entered the home BECAUSE of the report.

This wasn't a case of mistaken house. They actually believed they were entering the home of the person who called the bomb threat in.

Other reports have the Hoaxer identifying himself as the man who was raided. Google is good to us. I've been on this story for a few days now.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Oh I see, they did raid the wrong address but the hoaxer specified the homeowner? I was under the impression the police raided the wrong address all together.

The second article from the op about the hoaxer says he called the threat into a community action center, not the guys house.

Authorities say 27-year-old James Edward Holly was arrested for allegedly calling in a bomb threat to the Community Action Center in Sentinel, Oklahoma.

But he did call in using the homeowners name. Well the jackass will spending a lot of time prison. I look forward to reading about his sentence.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   
e]originally posted by: BestinShow

If he was the real deal, it would have been double taps to the head, not chest and arm markers.

Oh please, a real shoot out is absolutely nothing like call of duty, for crying out loud pull your head out of your @$$....
I should know, level 0 Iraq...... multi player...

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:13 PM
link   
a reply to: gunshooter

Oh please, a real shoot out is absolutely nothing like call of duty, for crying out loud pull your head out of your @$$....
I should know, level 0 Iraq...... multi player...

Way to pick up on the sarcasm di(k head...

BTW - asinine mentalities aside, thank you for your service.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow

edited after seeing the above sarcasm claim...

I thought you were serious, honestly. I'm sure you are fully aware of the amount of people who think playing COD makes them a badass in real life.

On Topic:
I'm glad they got the douche who called in the bomb threat in the first place. Probably had to go to his mom's basement and yank the Xbox controller from his hands.

edit on 1/21/2015 by ChaosComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I feel bad for the police. All they were doing was trying to save the public from a bomb threat. Some asshole swatted this homeowner and now a police officer is shot.

I love the police i really do. I love the good police. People who actually put themselves in harms way for the betterment of society and those who don't take advantage but help the weak and neglected, and the persecuted who are held by the hostage hands of tyrany.

I don't like it when police beat people after they have submitted.
I don't mind at all if a police decks out a guy that tries to box a police officer. I really don't But i totally am pissed off when i see a police officer booting in the heads of a man who is laying on the ground, with his hands on his back ready to be cuffed.

I don't like assholes who pretend to be cops.

Now people who show up at the middle of the night to save a lives from impending doom. I can dig that.

The officer is said to make a full recovery. I hope he does and i hope hes not traumatized by the experience. It's just all in the job. And i hope the person who called in the swatt is persicuted to the fullest.

He deserves to rot in jail for 2 years.

Police already have a hard enough time as it is without these # heads calling in false raids.
we need to support our police and make it clear we love them, but not the posers. The powers can resign and never be called a hero until they make amends.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills
A bomb threat was called into police in the wee hours of the morning so it was time to gear up and not announce who you are as you bust down doors!

From your first article:

The last thing Ross remembers 6 a.m. Thursday is identifying himself as a law officer.

Based on just your first two posts in this thread you sound like you were pretty happy that a cop got shot and the guy who shot him won't face charges because, you believe, the police broke into his home.

Now, I don't like bad cops. Not many people do. This guy, the chief, doesn't sound like he was being a bad guy or a jackbooted thug. It sounded like he was acting on reasonable suspicion of a serious threat to public safety. I don't think he deserved to get shot. I'm glad he's alive.
edit on 21-1-2015 by links234 because: Too much quote.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: links234

Oh do not get it twisted, I'm not happy anyone is ever shot. It was a no knock raid but I'm sure as soon as the chief saw a gun he tried to announce who he was but by then its way too late. That's the problem with no knock raids and too boot they didn't even have a warrant. If you're going to do a no knock raid you better have all your ducks in a row.

I have nothing against the chief, from what I've read he's a nice guy.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

No if he was the real deal he would've kept his mouth shut about his weapons and any activities related to "zombies" and "preparation".

Why did JEH call in the threat to begin with? Was he just odd or did he have something against the Community Action Center?

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme

From the looks of it he probably had something against the homeowner. What that is only time will tell.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

From the looks of it he probably had something against the homeowner. What that is only time will tell.

Yeah I think it's probably insanely rare for someone to get swatted by someone they don't know. My understanding is that generally the person will spoof the swatees phone number when calling in a bomb threat.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join