It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeowner not charged after shooting Oklahoma police chief three times in raid

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Domo1

Typically you don't want to get caught but this guy did. I tried searching for more details but every article about this guy always drifts to the chief getting shot, providing little detail of how the police caught him. Phone forensics is all I got so far.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

Thread: Another Sheriff Shot, But this time all is well

Title is wrong, but this is another thread regarding this incident.

Includes links to local news sources.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I'd love to know how he managed to get off 3 shots without dying in a hail of return fire from the police officers.

posted on Jan, 21 2015 @ 11:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

I have a feeling information may remain sparse, and perhaps for good reason. Not a great idea to broadcast vulnerabilities and give ne'er-do-wells ideas.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 09:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Answer
I'd love to know how he managed to get off 3 shots without dying in a hail of return fire from the police officers.

This is exactly what I'm wondering- Even if they don't see you and you get the first shot off, this is the first case I've seen in which the police did not return fire with a hundred times the force.

posted on Jan, 22 2015 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This case is all muffed up from the get go. Jackasses like this smug little twerp who phoned in the fake call put both the lives of the responding officers and the homeowner in danger. I wouldn't be surprised if that was his goal all along, but this is the epitome of stupidity in America today.

People need to re-read the story about the boy who cried wolf. Swatting is going to eventually make officers complacent on and skeptical of most calls like this, and that does absolutely nothing good for the general public.

While I do agree that the officers could probably have put in a little more due diligence in ascertaining that this was truly the person who make the threat (like obtaining a search warrant, for one), neither the officers nor the homeowner are the problem in this case.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join