It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Dog has been injured... & I'm angry damn it!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

ok, no offense taken then. In the States it generally refers to a pretty old man. Still I am not fond of the term.

I remember when I was 20 my Weimaraner got out and never returned. That dog went everywhere with me.

A gentleman called me seeking the reward, whom had run him over in the street. At first I was sure he was the anti-christ himself who had obviously gone out of his way to get my dog. After regaining my composure, i apologized to the guy, paid and thanked him for burying my dog. One of the suckiest days in my life.

Having lived on a farm and seen some pretty nasty doggy scratches, i think your little guy should be ok, but watch him like I hawk; and, if his conditions worsen- get em to the vet right away.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 01:49 AM
link   
TAKE HIM TO A VET NOW!!!!.....you don't know if the old mans dogs were up to date on shots....distemper. Pargo. Rabies ....etc....your dog could now be infected and needs antibiotics and probably booster shots.... Is your dog up to date on his shots?..... I would hate for you to have to put your dog down because you didn't take him to a vet after the attack, and he caught something from the mastiff.....your dog is in pain and needs help. Take him to the vet!

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 01:57 AM
link   
A Mastiff is no punk. I did not mean to underplay the possible severity of your dog's injuries.
But that is a pit, not a chihuahua. I say that dog will be fine.
I'd give it a day or two before I spent a bunch of money at the vet.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Vet mate. If it was your son/daughter you would get them checked out... as dog owners say, there's no difference.

Edit: Also - how did you get hold of a pit bull in UK? Thought they were banned? I say that as I know a guy who had one imported from Hungary.
edit on 14-1-2015 by and14263 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: and14263

No comment

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1

He's got an appointment booked today at 3...

At first his regular Vet was trying to send him elsewhere because they have a training day but they made an exception for him.

I think it's a slight infection cos his elbow has swollen a little bit.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:39 AM
link   
a reply to: skunkape23

No worries skunkape I feel the same as well...

He's going to the Vet soon, hopefully my mates gonna give me a lift, cos cabs keep telling us no dogs and he'd never make it walking.

But he should be alright to be honest.
edit on 14-1-2015 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Glad to hear he's going to the vet. He will be fine I'm sure but best to get him checked out. Gorgeous looking dog.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 05:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs
a reply to: and14263

No comment

I know, why did I even ask. Sometimes I am naive.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Sorry to hear this bro - that's awful.
Take him to a vet and get him checked over.
Hope he's better today

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 07:57 AM
link   
G'day.

I think your dog will be fine, but you should get him to the vet as a precaution. And have your £60-£80 ready for the antibiotics.
But there are other wounds and I'd like to offer some advice from experience.

Your dog at 18months is still a puppy, and having lived with a pack that has never harmed him (that would be you and yours) will have a somewhat rose tinted view of the world. Monitored play between puppies, and young adult dogs is how they learn not to attack each other, its called socializing. From the way your dog approached the Jacky, it sounds as if his socialization was going Ok, but the mastiff could wreck that.

When my last dog was around the same age, I stopped to talk to another dog owner while out walking. After a few minutes of pleasant chatting with the dogs (mine a border collie, his a staffy) his dog suddenly went for mine, tearing a chunk out of her back leg. I patched her up and thought not a lot more about it...However, over the years, I noticed a pattern, while out walking, she would ignore every dog we met while we were moving, but if I stopped for more than a few minutes to chat, she would start to get anxious and nippy with the other dogs.

I didnt know as much about dog psychology then (hardly do now), but my advice.

Get Ghost patched up, then get him back out, under control meeting other dogs.

As an addition...the Mastiff is classed as a dangerous breed in the UK and should have been Muzzled. the Pitt-bull is a banned breed, but cross breeds are allowed. Pitt-bull crosses are classed as a dangerous breed, and should also be muzzled. BTW, this is not my opinion, There are no dangerous breeds, as yours demonstrated by wanting to play with Jacky. There are only dangerous owners, as was the geezer in your unfortunate tale. (I could be polite and say inept, but as you already pointed out, his ineptitude could have more sever consequence)

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   
It's great to see ATS members from all stripes and colours band together like this in a time of concern.

I hope your dog gets well, Charlie! My thoughts are with you and yours.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I hope your dog fully recovers and sorry the whole thing happened...however....I must say...

Your dog, that is illegal in your country, ran out into the street completely uncontrolled but you blame the incident on the 'geezer' because he could only control his dog, that WAS on a leash, a little bit? Sorry to say, but if that was reported to the authorities I doubt the 'geezer's' Mastiff would be in any trouble whatsoever.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Ah, didn't see this yesterday. So sorry about Ghost. I have dogs too, and it's so distressing when something happens to one of them.

Pouring some hydrogen peroxide on those ears will clean them right up, and help to reduce chances of infection.

The biggest concern is the hurting when trying to jump up. Might just be a sore muscle, might be something worse.

Vet might want some ex-rays too.

Both Charlie and Ghost: nice looking pair!

My prognosis: He will be better soon.
Keep us posted.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: daaskapital
It's great to see ATS members from all stripes and colours band together like this in a time of concern.

I hope your dog gets well, Charlie! My thoughts are with you and yours.

It's truly awesome when we can all share the same feeling.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I just saw this post and read it all the way through. Please give us an update on what the vet said about his injuries. I hope that Ghost feels better soon!

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 11:50 AM
link   
a reply to: tsawyer2

sorry your dog got hurt, I know you will give us an update later today

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
That sucks mate... let us know how he's doing.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 12:59 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

One of my wolves got injured badly once and it broke my heart.

I slept with her, bathed her, carried her outside and just loved her. All I could do.

It's a feeling of helplessness that I never want to go through again.

And thanks for the mention in the OP for a pets forum. We need it for threads like this.

Peace to Ghost.

posted on Jan, 14 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It’s a real pity party for Ghost around here I can see. But everybody is right, you need to get him to a vet. I know it cost money.

Not getting the whole picture, Did the mastiff bite ghost’s leg and that is why he’s limping? Dude he might have a broke leg. That’s gonna cost you.

I know you’re upset by the old man, (By the way 50 ain’t old.), But it was your dog that was off leash, dashing from the front door. Take some responsibility, man up pay the vet.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join