It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN posts #AskACop-Hillarity Ensues

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Maybe instead of blaming all cops how about you blame the ones that did something wrong. Not all cops are bad so stop being narrow minded.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:05 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Sharpton was never a man of peace.
He was always a racist sleaze.
When he opens his mouth he makes me scream.
'Where is Doctor King and his unity dream?'

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Is this the same group that combines in threads to discredit and marginalize member content with barely disguised ridicule?

Have a nice back scratching star fest.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I can't breathe! XD

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I'm sorry, you're right. I shouldn't be making fun.

But I agree with Augustus. King is a much, much different person than Sharpton and his ilk could ever dream to be. Perhaps they DO have the interests of black folks at heart when they do their work, but all they have done is manage to make the racial divide deeper, not heal it. King dreamed of a time when both races could work together in unity. Sharpton (to me at least) dreams of time when he has his own TV Channel just like Oprah.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Lies were told without honesty or merit.
The Rev never tells the truth, how did you miss it?
King trumps Sharpton who is never a factor.
I judge the man by the content of his character.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Sharpton was never a man of peace.
He was always a racist sleaze.
When he opens his mouth he makes me scream.
'Where is Doctor King and his unity dream?'

Epic.Rap.Battle.

Very well done sir.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig
Why anyone would want to be a cop anymore is besides me?

I was talking to a policeman about a shoplifting. He let me know that he trusts no one. I asked him if he'd been hurt a lot. He smiled embarrassingly and said, "Not since I got this job."

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   
This is truly alarming:

Attorneys for White's family called for a federal investigation into the incident and several others during a news conference sponsored in conjunction with the 134th Annual National Baptist Convention. Attorney Ben Crump of Tallahassee, Fla., said White's death was the latest in a string of "Houdini Handcuff'' shootings of minority men in police custody.

"We have a terrible recent trend that is occurring across state lines that finds these 'Houdini handcuff' suicides while they are in the custody of police that defies all logic, all common sense,'' Crump said. "...Victor White's death is the latest in a terrible trend that we have to bring attention to.

I can't copy the link but the Paper is New Orleans paper The Times Picayune

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: GrantedBail
a reply to: TinfoilTP

What an ignorant thing to say. Really?? This has nothing to do with the presidency. Are you that freakin dense. I don't even understand why you drove by to say something so stupid. Quit drinking the water, or get a filter that helps with your fluoride consumption.

This thread is about a troll baiting tactic explicitly used by a Media Giant CNN, to further fuel a myth based on overexageration, pigeon holed spotlighting, and racial innuendo.

You expect people to be good sheeple to be ignorant of these tactics and the fact this whole thread is about childish comments to a troll baiting hashtag.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No, I haven't calmed down at all.

Thank you for the concern though.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

When people bash the police, they bash all of the police. People are yelling about all police needing more training and they are all uneducated idiots and they are all lazy. ALL means everyone of them, not just the bad ones. I take serious offense to all of those statements.

I "take a look around" every single day.

posted on Dec, 19 2014 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Monger

That's great. I'm pretty sure I didn't tell you to respect a policeman for their "uniform" or their badge. I'm pretty sure my point was clear, maybe you should read it again.

When my husband gets home from his 12 hour shift I might just lick his boots, thanks for the suggestion.

21 years and this is the respect that they get for putting their lives on the line every day. It makes me sick to my stomach.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: newsoul
People are yelling about all police needing more training...

Do you feel that ongoing training would not be a benefit?

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: newsoul

They ALL need re-training in America (even the quiet good ones). Take a look around.....travel the world. See how other first world nation's police force operate and interact. All nations have their issues, but you don't see any other first world nation complaining, protesting or rioting about how they are policed.

You took offence to those statements because they are fact. Otherwise you would of dusted off your shoulder. That video I shared with you is what should of really offended you. That twelve year old little boy and seven year old little girl murdered in cold blood by the police recently is what should offend you. Men being shot while handcuffed and told it was suicide should offend you.

Why? Because all I see is a human being shooting a human being out of stupidity and poor training.

You look around but you still cannot see. That is caused by blind loyalty. It is what causes problems to persist....

There are more good cops than bad cops in this world. I LOVE the police and have NEVER ever in my life been treated poorly or disrespectfully by any officer as I travelled the world....until I spent a year in the States. I also sat back and watched how they treat other. Most Americans hardly ever leave their country; therefore, they cannot see the forest for the trees. It's too bad in America, the good cops cannot make a difference like they do in other more civilized parts of the world. Police in America are not exactly the quickest rabbits in the forest....

You know why?

The system in America is corrupt.

That ^^^ is what you should take offence to.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

When the ratings fall off for the Media pushing this perceived issue, that is when the issue will go away.

They will move on to the next ratings grabber and this fairy tale will go poof.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

I agree, they will move on...bounced around like a dingy in water. Yet, the issue will remain unresolved. Issues do not go away -- attention towards it does.

Yet, it festers like an open sore.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP

When the ratings fall off for the Media pushing this perceived issue, that is when the issue will go away.

They will move on to the next ratings grabber and this fairy tale will go poof.

Looks like one just cropped up....

www.rawstory.com...

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

My husband goes to training several times a year. I am sure other states send their officers just as frequently. The bottom line is that until you are forced into a situation, you don't know how you are going to handle it. No amount of simulation can prepare a person for the real world. In a perfect world the criminals would just put up their hands and surrender. In a perfect world the police would not make mistakes. In a perfect world we wouldn't even need the police. We don't live in a perfect world, we live in a world full of crazy people, some of those crazy people are police officers unfortunately.

posted on Dec, 20 2014 @ 08:42 PM
link   

You hit the nail on the head with " in other more civilized parts of the world." This country is a bunch of materialistic barbarians. Stealing, rioting, looting, raping, murdering people just to steal the shoes off their feet, having unwanted child after unwanted child just to get a bigger tax check. How do we as a country change the "system", when the system creates dependence??

Maybe the punishment for crimes committed in other natiions is stricter than in America. I don't know the answer, but I know that 99% of the police here are doing the best they can with the crap they deal with.

In these other countries, what is the percentage of officer per average joe?? Do we have more officers? Do we have more crime? I just don't know.

What I do know is that when it is your husband, or father, or brother of sister out there trying to make a difference, trying to be the "good cop" it is hard. It is hard to watch them suffer for the sins of others. Honestly it sucks.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join