It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN posts #AskACop-Hillarity Ensues

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: newsoul

If the police tell you to stop, STOP. Don't run from the police. Don't try to steal the policemans gun. Don't try to beat the policeman to death. Its really just common sense, and apparently no one has any left. We have no respect, no common sense. I just want to know who is going to help us when the police just walk away. I would walk away. Ungrateful bastards, that what we have become

You miss the entire point. Contemplate your words as you watch this video. Please, share your thoughts on where this man did any of these things: Don't try to steal the policeman's gun. Don't try to beat the policeman to death.

Oh, and what are your thoughts about the officer still questioning an unarmed man he just shot about where his ID is as he lay there bleeding? Bloody pathetic bastard that officer is, especially considering how it all went down. No bloody common sense on the part of the officer - yeah? Most police officers maintained a C average in school. As is evident in this and many other videos.

That unarmed man that got shot helps pay the officer's salary. Police are paid "public SERVANTS". People are only thankful when their employees (police) perform their job the public (boss) is paying them to do....

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 02:54 AM
link   
It's astounding to me that people are critical of CNN on this. They tried to start a legitimate dialogue regarding a social issue in the U.S. and citizens ran with it and co-opted it to highlight their cause. Citizens, not CNN.

Where is the criticism for the trolling asshat who then started the pissy, pro-LEO counter point hashtag, #askaprotester?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Please ignore - test post.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 04:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Involutionist

If this audio is real, I would hope that after this incident he is no longer employed as a police officer. I know A LOT of police officers and none of them have ever shot anyone. Isn't that odd??

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
i dont believe this "cops hate black people" thing. do you really think a cop wants to shoot anyone?

do you think there is some racist conspiracy?

if those cops thought there was a need, 99% of the time they would do what they do, regardless of race.

People wanted to riot, they found a reason to do it. not a good reason, but a reason.

All the black friend i have say the same thing, dont make a bad call from a cop out to be anything but a bad call. people make mistakes, it happens. this whole thing got blown utterly out of proportion.

cops are most of the time good honest people, there are bad ones, thats life. i bet that cop that shot the guy in Ferguson would have played that situation any number of ways on a different day, i dont think for a second hes "out to shoot black people"

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Or perhaps some cops (actually, most of them) still believe in the "protect and serve" part of their oath?

Hats off to those GOOD cops out there taking undue flak. Keep up the good work, even if people hate you unduly.

Bless you...
The good cops you are talking about are worth nothing if they let the bad ones continue without saying or dong anything about it, you know that for us mortals there is even a law that prohibits us from protecting criminals without being implemented ourselves!
Meaning that if you know that someone you know is a murderer and you keep quiet, you are an accomplice.

With that in mind, all 'good' cops are accomplices!

Take cancer as an analogy, nobody talks about your healthy cells. Even if there are only a handful of cancer cells in someone's body compared to millions of healthy ones, guess which ones are targeted by doctors with ferociousness?
Yes, you guessed right, it is the small amount of deadly cells. And you know why?
Because they spread and in the end kill the whole body REGARDLESS of the presence of lovely, healthy, nice cells even if they outnumber the bad ones.

Do you get it now?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: newsoul

Wow. Upset a little? Does it feel better to get all of that off your chest? Good. Now that you've calmed down, maybe try rereading my post because you totally misinterpreted what I was getting at.

The point is, we hire the police to do a job. Saving our lives is in their job description. Yes, it is nice to be thankful, but their job description doesn't come with the caveat that we, the public, HAVE to be thankful for what they are doing. THEY service us, not the other way around. Of course I am thankful if a police officer helps me, but he damn well shouldn't be expecting it.
edit on 18-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Man that went off the chain.

Some really excellent points in those tweets, both the humorous and the not.

The one clear thing is that America has a real problem. Now what's the solution?
edit on 12/18/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

step 1: LEO needs to shift the way it engages the public. No solution will ever be found if every complaint citizen makes is dismissed with an acerbic sarcasm.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

STEP 2: Real respect flows both ways and is earned not expected...both ways.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Hecate666
The problem isn't racism and it's ultimately not individual Patrol officers "covering" for the bad apples. It's the command staff. Like any political system the cream doesn't rise to the top.....turds float. From Lieutenants up is complete scum. They have no interest in improving civilian relations, no interest in improving efficiency or actually decreasing crime or finding long term solutions for things. They have no problem overloading the officers under them. They take it as a personal affront if someone tries to offer a suggestion for improvement. THEY FIND ANY LITTLE REASON TO SEEK OUT AND DRUM OUT ANY OFFICER THAT SEEMS LIKE HE/SHE MIGHT STAND UP FOR WHAT'S RIGHT...THAT SEEMS LIKE HE/SHE MIGHT BE ASKING ONE TOO MANY QUESTIONS.

Like all our other ills, it starts at the top, and those at the top make it impossible for themselves to be uprooted. I have no answer for you. I fought the law....and the law won. The 'system' is a sham, they have it set up so you complain to the people you're complaining about. It's ludicrous. I guess it's going to have to build up to the point where it can't stand under it's own weight, then crumble like the tower of Babel. *shrug*

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

How my previous post relates to all these incidents with complete POS cops: they must be good 'Yes' men. Command Staff will overlook all kinds of incompetence as long as it seems the officer isn't going to rock THEIR boat.

And I will reiterate: GOOD officers who are really trying to do the right thing, who have a solid moral compass as to what's right and what's wrong.....it's witch hunt time. CS will do anything they can to vilify and discredit these good officers. Find or fabricate, embellish or exaggerate any slight wrong doing so they can throw them under the bus.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: ladyvalkyrie

I agree with you on this. Change has to come from the top down. I read an interesting article this afternoon, figure this is a good place to post it up. Really had me nodding my head in agreement through the whole thing.

9 Tips on How Not To Shoot Civilians From a Police Chief Who Got it Right

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: TorqueyThePig

Why anyone would want to be a cop anymore is besides me?

It's better than being an unemployed loser like a lot of these people on here and those people who are "abused" by the cops. They have a job, a lot of lazy irrelevant people do not!!

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Again, I agree with you. There are number of things that could be done to work on resolving the problem, on both sides of the issue. One would be more police accountability. Body cams being mandatory, etc. Another would be community programs in minority neighborhoods which would promote learning and development, while at the same time trying to marginalize those that perpetuate the culture of gangs and violence that seems prevalent among minority youth.

They already know they're being filmed.

No difference.

+2 more 
posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

It's better than being an unemployed loser like a lot of these people on here and those people who are "abused" by the cops. They have a job, a lot of lazy irrelevant people do not!!

Making those kinds of generalizations does little for you.

Not having a job is not a prerequisite for disliking the police, or having been victimized by them. Trust me.

Nor does not having a job make you a loser. First and foremost a person has a right to exist peacefully. Regardless of social class. I find a suggestion otherwise to be wholly repugnant.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Then people say RT is worse then CNN.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectbane

They have a job, a lot of lazy irrelevant people do not!!

"Irrelevant people" like who?

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Dunno why people think that is funny.

Because it isn't.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

You can't have cheap prison labor if you have no prisoners...

The Prison Industry in the United States: Big Business or a New Form of Slavery?

Law enforcement is a necessary cog in that particular money making machine

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join