It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists attack Pakistan School , 500 students held hostage Gunfire on

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

The way I view it a bunch of old people manipulating the poor with 'faith' to make the old people richer.

Pretty much like American politics.

For no reason other than,money,power,control.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:25 PM
link   

the question is how did it all go so wrong.

well sometimes its the Christians, a percentage of the time its Islam or Catholicism, even Buddhism has its icky past, and Hinduism and atheism, and a percentage of the time it is racism. yada yada,

but 100% of the time it is,

humans

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

The way I view it a bunch of old people manipulating the poor with 'faith' to make the old people richer.

I will have to think about that, but yes, control.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: American-philosopher

originally posted by: Leonidas

The problem with getting them out of Pakistan is that they ARE Pakistan in a very significant way. Ultra-Conservative Sunni Islam is part-and-parcel of Pakistani culture. The country was literally founded on it during the Partition of India.

Getting the Taliban out of Pakistan would be as difficult as getting the Southern Baptists out of America. An entire region self-identifies with them, even if they dont agree with everything they do.

But whatever the religion whatever the ideology isn't murdering children universally wrong and horrible, wouldn't just as a human being wouldn't you want whoever agrees with that out of the country and eradicated?

Absolutely, 100%. But the uber conservative Sunni's ARE Pakistan to a very large degree. You have to change the culture. These people and their supporters ARE Pakistani. They need the political will to root out the evil in their midst. Harder to do than it sounds.

Sadly attacking and killing children will only harden the hearts of everyone involved. Revenge begets revenge and neither side have the will or infrastructure to stop it.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

What is it about them?

How is it possible to become so disconnected from humanity? Can you tell me?

The Taliban adhere to a 6th century ideology that governs their notions of respect for life. Unfortunately this isn't isolated to just the Taliban. There are various sects of Islam who think this way, while others, not so active in this manner, merely passively approve of the actions taken.

There have been plenty of cultures on Earth who have shared similar scorched earth ideologies whereby their most ardent enablers were the people we would consider "the average citizen".

It's not that they are disconnected, its that they are connected to a segment of humanity that tacitly approves of their actions.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 01:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: maddy21
120+ killed 104 are children

Just Moe sure those responsible aren't waterboarded, no one deserves that.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 02:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: loki41872
I see the Muslim apologists have shown up, right on cue. The usual blather about "this isn't Islam, they aren't Muslim, blah, blah, BS".

Go tell the Taliban they aren't Muslim and they didn't do this in the name of Allah. I dare you. Don't do it from behind your keyboard, go do it to their face.

It's muslim children that were killed you ghoulish jerk. I suppose that the dead children are murderous terrorists hellbent on your destruction?

Making a political point with someone else's dead kid? You're just wonderful, well done.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
This tragedy is just sad on a whole new level. There should be a special torture just for sick F**** like these. Isn't religion suppose to bring people together instead of being a warmonger? Religion is the root to all evil in my eyes.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   

The problem with getting them out of Pakistan is that they ARE Pakistan in a very significant way. Ultra-Conservative Sunni Islam is part-and-parcel of Pakistani culture. The country was literally founded on it during the Partition of India.

Getting the Taliban out of Pakistan would be as difficult as getting the Southern Baptists out of America. An entire region self-identifies with them, even if they dont agree with everything they do.

But whatever the religion whatever the ideology isn't murdering children universally wrong and horrible, wouldn't just as a human being wouldn't you want whoever agrees with that out of the country and eradicated?

Absolutely, 100%. But the uber conservative Sunni's ARE Pakistan to a very large degree. You have to change the culture. These people and their supporters ARE Pakistani. They need the political will to root out the evil in their midst. Harder to do than it sounds.

Sadly attacking and killing children will only harden the hearts of everyone involved. Revenge begets revenge and neither side have the will or infrastructure to stop it.

I heard a guy last night talking about "blowback". That this attack was blowback.

We need to go back and look before we bail on reason. These idiots have had for a long time contemptuous attitudes toward the rest of humanity......attitudes that have forced others to go to war with them.

So now they are getting their asses kicked or kept in check and they play the "retribution" card. Their plans are not working out and the world isn't bowing down to them. They started this killing and then expecting to go about their business. Looks like a collective psychosis.

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I got some insider details from the school ...am literally horrified right now . What you see is not even 10% of what happened

Children were executed one by one , even a 2 year old was . Teachers were burnt alive in front of students in the auditorium and kids were thrown of the Balcony as a message when the military arrived . This is just a rather small amount of what happened...
edit on 17-12-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-12-2014 by maddy21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 17 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: chuck258

originally posted by: maddy21
120+ killed 104 are children

Just Moe sure those responsible aren't waterboarded, no one deserves that.

This makes me so angry.

Rebel 5

P.S. I heard now this is being blamed on al-Qaida.

edit on 17-12-2014 by rebelv because: Add a P.S.

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   
The School has no more Grade 9 students , everyone is dead except one who missed school ...

posted on Dec, 18 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

Pretty much like American politics.

For no reason other than,money,power,control.

'Faith' is a religious term used to promote intellectual laziness as a means to instill control. For centuries the church taught that the sun and planets revolved around the earth despite indications otherwise. Even after Galileo proved otherwise, using reasoning and science instead of having 'faith' the church was touting, he was ex-communcated. It took another few hundred years for the church to apologize.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join