It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Terrorists attack Pakistan School , 500 students held hostage Gunfire on

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: KROandSOTV

You don’t ever answer anything at all on an intelligent basis; all you do is express a mantra of hatred and distortions.

Islam is bad. Islam is a death cult.

Condemn the ones that did the act not their religion they distort. Because as I posted there is not anything in their religion that advocates doing what they did

You may be, like Bill Maher just a hater of religion or just a hater of Islam.
It doesn’t matter.

It’s not, imo, rational, moral, or ethical to blame a little less that 2 billion people, who had nothing to do with this act, for the acts of a few.

I would hope one might try to think for once and react rationally to something rather than to negative emotions.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

To be honest intelligence services should be working much closer together...

It was Pakistan's 'intelligence' ISI that created the Taliban.

As some said in another thread, ' Their chickens come home to roost'.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs I'm well aware of what Allahu Akbar means.
& when it comes out of the mouths of these degenerate scum it means sweet FA.*
Much like Bush & Blair doing what they did for God

a good point well put

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   
All religions, whether Christianity, Islam, Judaism, etc is what's wrong in the world. It divides us now, and has always divided people over millenia. It instills a "my religion is better than yours" mentality and is just an excuse, not a reason, for political motives, land grabs, wars, and just overall control of people. More people have died over time in the name of religion (disguised as ethnic cleansing, extending empires, etc). As long as religions exist, humanity is scewed.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: UnBreakable

and all these things happen with or without religion

(post by KROandSOTV removed for a manners violation)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777

and all these things happen with or without religion

Yes, they will still happen, but not to the degree it has. Religion just exacerbates deep-rooted human conditions.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Yea I'm aware of that pal.

imo the ISI do not have the Pakistani people's best interests at heart.

Same could be said for the military at times especially when looking into the details of this Man!!!

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   

I respect your opinion on this even if I disagree...

imo it's Men who have done this, not Religion.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Well WE ALL KNOW that radical Islamofascist's don't have anyone's best interest heart.

Someone needs to explain to me when we call them out for the crap they do.

It's an 'attack' on the 'moderates'.

Deep down the good little moderates 'jihadists' themsevles?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

I understood the first part of your reply...

I'm not too sure what you were trying to convey in the latter stages of your response though.

Do you know what Jihad is?
Do you know when & why it is permitted?
Do you understand that the retaliation for 9/11 could be considered Jihad?

Jihad is not what the Taliban have done to these children if you're wondering.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Religion just exacerbates deep-rooted human conditions.

and sometimes for the better.

You know I am not good at expressing myself, but come on humans evolve already.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Leonidas

originally posted by: American-philosopher

The problem with getting them out of Pakistan is that they ARE Pakistan in a very significant way. Ultra-Conservative Sunni Islam is part-and-parcel of Pakistani culture. The country was literally founded on it during the Partition of India.

Getting the Taliban out of Pakistan would be as difficult as getting the Southern Baptists out of America. An entire region self-identifies with them, even if they dont agree with everything they do.

But whatever the religion whatever the ideology isn't murdering children universally wrong and horrible, wouldn't just as a human being wouldn't you want whoever agrees with that out of the country and eradicated?

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

i don't buy that.

Lots of people do things I don't like, but I don't go around killing people for it.

Especially taking it out on people that have nothing to do with my grievance.

Sure maybe a punch in the nose,kick to the groin, or a flaming bag of dog crap left on the porch, and ringing the door bell then running like the wind.

THERE IS NO EXCUSE for what the Taliban do,AQ,ISIS, and ever other 2 bit terrorist does.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:04 PM
link   
a reply to: American-philosopher
great question

It seem leaders were killing children in some ancient text.

and this

www.deathcamps.info...

How many children were murdered during the Holocaust? The number of children killed during the Holocaust is not fathomable and full statistics for the tragic fate of children who died will never be known. Some estimates range as high as 1.5 million murdered children. This figure includes more than 1.2 million Jewish children, tens of thousands of Gypsy children and thousands of institutionalized handicapped children who were murdered under Nazi rule in Germany and occupied Europe.

edit on 033131p://bTuesday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   

and sometimes for the better.

You know I am not good at expressing myself, but come on humans evolve already.

Yes 'sometimes' for the better, 'most times' for the worst. It would have been interesting to see how humans would have evolved without religion, how they would have developed without making up and abiding by fairytales because of their fear of the unknown.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

It would have been interesting to see how humans would have evolved without religion

try this

Evolutionary origin of religions
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96

i don't buy that.

Lots of people do things I don't like, but I don't go around killing people for it.

Especially taking it out on people that have nothing to do with my grievance.

Sure maybe a punch in the nose,kick to the groin, or a flaming bag of dog crap left on the porch, and ringing the door bell then running like the wind.

THERE IS NO EXCUSE for what the Taliban do,AQ,ISIS, and ever other 2 bit terrorist does.

Nowhere did I say ALL humans act out violently EXCLUSIVELY because of religion. I was just highlighting instances of people doing things spurned on by religious motives.

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
www.mirror.co.uk... few more links and updates on the attack

www.dailytimes.com.pk...

from what ive read afgani taliban has condemned the attack and for lack of a better term declared war on the pakistani branch of the Taliban that committed this crime
www.huffingtonpost.com...

www.tolonews.com... older link but talks about how this branch of the Taliban has sided with ISIS back in July

sputniknews.com... India condemns attack and expresses sympathy and offeres help to Pakistan

www.washingtonpost.com...

“I am heartbroken,” the 17-year-old Nobel Peace Prize laureate said in a statement just hours after the Peshawar attack. “But we will never be defeated,” she added.

im betting in the next few weeks the full force of the Pakistani military will be brought to bear on these monsters and with them seemingly having offended their afghan brothers i do not see them being able to flee their as easily so hopefully the military can find their bases or training grounds and wipe them from the face of the earth and with as much international support pakistan is gonna get over this they may finally be able to do some real damage to this group

posted on Dec, 16 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

It would have been interesting to see how humans would have evolved without religion

try this

Evolutionary origin of religions

en.wikipedia.org...

Good article, but I don't agree that 'ritual' and 'symbolism' necessarily develops a religious propensity. My cat has a ritual of pooping in the kitty litter, but I don't consider him a devout Christian.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join