It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sydney cafe being held up now isis flag in window

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

Gee, IDK, Neo. Maybe because the general definition of terrorism is rather broad nowadays, and terrorizing a group of people like this, even for dumbass reasons rather the ideological ones is still terrifying. Could also have something to do with suspicious packages being found that have been mentioned, but how about we wait & see if they're in fact something dangerous instead of just suspicious before we jump on the group-sponsored stamp first? Wish the press would do that anyway.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

Bob there is no need at this stage to be using sentences like that ..... our nation is in shock right now, with respect to you, hopefully our federal officer's will resolve this peacefully.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: bellagirl
omg....i am madly ringing my brother but he is not answering......its next door to where he works and thats his coffee shop he took me too. oh frig this is bad

Hope he is ok.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

They all think the same don't they?
1%

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: sueloujo
It is an islamic flag but not an IS flag. Someone told me it has a Saudi font and says in arabic "There is no god but God; Muhammad is the messenger of God" . It's a Jihad flag.

That's more concise than the auto-IS conclusions that have been jumped to, thanks for letting us know.

At the moment, it's evidently essentially a couple of fundies. Whether or not they have any ties to anyone group-wise is another thing entirely & they may or may not have any.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Gee looks like someone ignored this post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Instead of making excuses:

try watching the news

au.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

no harm done ...after the martin Bryant incident here semi auto rifles were banned and i believe so were handguns(although there is criteria that allows handguns in some cases).....most country folk still have rifles and shotguns but need to have permits for them ...

and you are right bad people do bad things i guess guns just make it a little easier for them,but as you say those that do not care for laws will get weapons regardless .....we do still have a small amount of gun violence here,every couple of weeks there is a drive by shooting somewhere mainly gang related

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: my1percent

Extremists?

No they don't actually.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
I find it interesting that considering all of the banks and federal buildings in that area these terrorists chose a chocolate shop as their target.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Hmm.. across from a media center .. and financial district for the area .. seems they planned to get good media coverage .. get feeling theres more to it than just a hostage grab due the area its occuring ..

Send in the s.a.s to clear them out...

With luck there will be none or minimal civilan casualties ...

link   
a reply to: neo96

I didn't miss squat, you did. Reread the quote in my previous post above.

Jumping to conclusions doesn't help just because you hold a stereotype on the alphabet used.

link   

link   
dup post
edit on Sun Dec 14 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
Hmm.. across from a media center .. and financial district for the area .. seems they planned to get good media coverage .. get feeling theres more to it than just a hostage grab due the area its occuring ..

Send in the s.a.s to clear them out...

With luck there will be none or minimal civilan casualties ...

that is kinds my take on it too.....and the media are just speculating at this point...the police have not made any statements yet as far as i know

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: LiveForever8

Probably a psychological thing. People are always on business at banks and other businesses. People just hang out at coffee shops. Does that make sense?

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Cambot

Maybe to show people they're not safe even in places like coffee shops? And maybe this is just to show they mean business.

posted on Dec, 14 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome

That explains it!

Hope some of these cops are armed with bacon bullets, no love for the extremist asshats whoever they might be.

link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I wonder about those that attempt to de-emphasis that these are true Middle-Eastern terrorists. Why do that? Two guys holding 12 hostages seems like two very serious guys to me regardless of their nationality. And, really, the flag says it all. That flag is not jumping to conclusions, it is making a point. If they want me to believe they have a cause, I do.

link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme
Exactly.

2nd

link   
a reply to: Yeahkeepwatchingme (quoted the wrong post somehow)

Yes, it does make sense if it's a psychologically based reasoning. People in banks are generally trained for robberies/hostage situations, or at least expect it. People going for a cuppa & a snack don't expect to have to deal with that.

Edit: Corrected misquoted person.
edit on 12/14/2014 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join