It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pope says christian fundies no better than isis

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
All organized religions are the creations of men, and are inherently flawed, corruptible, deceptive and potentially dangerous. Misleading verses, doctrines and interpretations have throughout history been used to justify atrocities.

The Catholic church has its own history of extremism and atrocities.

We should all thank God that here at ATS you can't post those gruesome videos of extremist Christians beheading non-Christians while shouting praise Jesus...

Oh wait...

nvm

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Backwards thinking creates fundamentalism, which creates the murder and bloodshed that religion is so infamous for. It is all related. With proper education in the sciences, people like this wouldn't exist to spread their hate.

Agreement with God's law creates the "Christian fundamental concepts" within the mind of one "called out" by God into fellowship.

"Fundamentalism" is when an individual takes it upon themselves to force their personal "fundamentals" upon others who do not agree with them.

The sin of "Pride" in individual personal fundamentals (every individual mind is right in their own eyes) and carnal human nature's desire to control others and more importantly have others agree with them; is what leads to the murder and bloodshed you accredit to "backwards thinking christian fundamentalism".

Not ignorance in the sciences, but the sin of Pride is the real cause of the sin of Murder, regardless of belief systems.

Teaching an individual about science would not teach them to control their Pride in a loving and peaceful manner.

Agreement with Science's laws creates "scientific fundamental concepts" within the mind of the student.

"Fundamentalism" is when an individual takes it upon themselves to force their personal "fundamentals" upon others who do not agree with them.

Scientific Fundamentalism in turn can produce a type of Pride (superiority complex) where all people who think differently (disagree with a certain scientific theory) then the individual attempting to force their opinions upon others; are ridiculed beyond reproach.

By using hate words such as "backwards thinking" or "ignorant" to describe their minds; and attempting to place the blame for over 1 billion murders and countless acts of bloodshed upon a conflicting concept of what is "truth"; is just one way this Pride can be seen. All these actions are done to lift up the individual's Pride and tear down those who disagree, regardless of belief systems.

It is better to be "kind" to others then convince them you are "right".

I'll leave you with a quote from my source of all knowledge, when a servant of God thought he knew all things regarding physical knowledge (science) many years ago oftentimes I read this scripture to humble myself when I think I know it all:

Job 38
“Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation? Tell me, if you understand.
"Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know! Who stretched a measuring line across it?
"On what were its footings set, or who laid its cornerstone....
"Have you journeyed to the springs of the sea or walked in the recesses of the deep?
"Have the gates of death been shown to you? Have you seen the gates of the deepest darkness?
"Have you comprehended the vast expanses of the earth? Tell me, if you know all this.
"What is the way to the abode of light? And where does darkness reside?
"Can you take them to their places? Do you know the paths to their dwellings?
"Surely you know, for you were already born! You have lived so many years! (sarcasm)
"Can you bind the chains of the Pleiades? Can you loosen Orion’s belt?
"Can you bring forth the constellations in their seasons or lead out the Bear with its cubs?
"Do you know the laws of the heavens? Can you set up God’s dominion over the earth?

In our natural minds, we are full of Pride; we convince ourselves we know everything by forgetting we actually know very little. The discrepancy between what we think we know (intellectual pride) versus what we actually know (what is truth) is the very definition of Pride, and that individual discrepancy is unique to each mind.

The problem is of course, no human being knows what they do not know; therefore we have conflict in the present age of mankind's self rule.

You want an end to murder and bloodshed? End Pride in mankind; not religion or science (both very valuable as learning tools).

God Bless,
edit on 4-12-2014 by ElohimJD because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
I Christian fundamentalists are not out committing genocide on a national size policy scale

Only because the western governments are keeping them in check with laws.

Give them free rein and you would get that.
edit on 4-12-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   
He must be talking about protestants.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

pope says christian fundies no better than isis...

Words do not matter, ACTIONS matter.

Religion always SAYS one thing but does another.

This is why Jesus OPPOSED religion and the religious people hated Him so much.

The Roman Catholic "Church" HATES the Word of God just like all other cults do.

The Vatican has numerous documents declaring her hatred for the Word.

After The Roman Catholic church got underway, they immediately started killing Bible believing Christians with the Inquisition. Christians were and still ARE considered an enemy to Romes pagan beliefs
www.youtube.com...

There are two kinds of people in the world: sayers and doers.

God told Howard Pittman during his NDE that not all the sayers would be in heaven, but all the doers would be.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
Believe me if they had the opportunity they would be killing like ISIS.

The pope is absolutely right here.

Thank the secular free-masons for this tolerant mentality

Intolerant fundamentalism is the real enemy here.

If religion had this kind of mentality, which exists in Buddhism, Sufism and Gnostic Christianity, Hermitism and other esoteric paths religion might have had better success.

Its probably too late for the pope to educate but at least he’s trying.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I like this pope. He's got guts.

Xtian fundamentalism is a worldwide problem that needs to be dealt with. If it weren't for the laws on the books in western society, to keep them from burning witches at the stake. Fundamentalists would make ISIS look like amateurs. And in some parts of the world, fundies still murder witches, and anyone else who stands in their way.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: ElohimJD

I'm not trying to force people to believe certain mainstream scientific theories as true. I'm trying to push knowledge of the scientific method and critical thinking. It's a big difference. After you are able to effectively use the scientific method, it is likely, however, that you will end up believing those theories.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
So all the people on this thread saying Christians are as bad as ISIS. ISIS beheads men, women, and children for being Christian. Make sense of that for me. And I bet these are the same people who cry BS when Christians say there is a war against Christianity.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

I actually already explained this on page one.
edit on 4-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Exactly...

Isn't it ironic how most on ATS jump up and down screaming about the horrors of religion until religion says something they agree with and all of a sudden it's "Go religion!"

Sounds just like the return of Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde to me...

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
ATS might as well just become an atheist forum obviously Christian are not welcome here.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

Please Klassi, please tell me you don't mean this.

It just crushes my spirit to read what people say, hard to come back here day after day.

I wasn't going to say anything but I like you and was shocked you took it to this level.

edit on 023131p://bThursday2014 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
In his attempt to appease the masses on both sides, Muslim and Christian, he is missing the mark bigtime. With actual crucifixions, beheadings in public squares, mass graves, mass rapes by Isis, Christian fundamentalists are not out committing genocide on a national size policy scale. In this sense he is downplaying the atrocities of Isis by labeling them generic fundamentalists along with Christian fundamentalists.

Except in countries where they go in and influence the government like Uganda to pass laws where you can be executed for being a homosexual. Having someone else do the killing in the name of your religion if no different from pulling the trigger yourself.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 03:09 PM
link   
More than 250,000 Christians have fled Northern Iraq amidst ISIS persecution.
www.jpost.com...

Christian persecution at 'biblical proportions'
www.foxnews.com...

the 2014 World Watch List of the most dangerous places for Christians to live.
www.worldwatchlist.us...

China: Anti-Christian persecution intensifies
www.indcatholicnews.com...

www.gatestoneinstitute.org...

a sign of the times I guess

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 03:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Stormdancer777
He must be talking about protestants.

More likely the evangelicals.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
BOUT TIME a major religious figure said this!

Religious fundamentalists are all the same.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777

Why do you try to turn every pseudo-religious thread into a Christian persecution thread? This is YOUR pope saying this, not us.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   
wow. Are y'all serious?? Christian fundamentalists aren't committing mass murder the way muslims do? We have murdered millions....MILLIONS of muslims over the past two decades. At least 1.3 million in Iraq alone. Largely women and children. We have documented reports that we raped them. We tortured them. And yes, them being muslim, in many peoples minds, has been a large part of the justification for dehumanizing them and giving us the moral leeway to do this. Yes, our leaders have used religion and ideology to manipulate the people to embrace our current rampage. Have the muslims been killing millions of us? I don't think so. Are they coming to western cities and bombing western towns? Certainly not in any numbers greater than our own Christian fundamentalists do to us. Aside from which, no matter how they paint it, I don't think ISIS, 9/11, and all the other BS we crow about going on with the muslims is as much about religion as they like to spoon feed us. Much of it is backlash to the pretty horrible situation they have suffered as a result of living in areas with vast natural resources which we want to control. Under our attempts to minimize their solidarity as a group, keep them destabilized, and keep despots friendly to our business interests in power over there we have led them a merry 3-4 decades of brutal oppression and a large lack of any real sense of security or self determination. We go over there, bomb their cities, destroy their homes, murder their people, install dictators, and its legitimate because we drum up some BS cassus belli to get world sanctioned support and that of our citizens. They try to fight back, and we label them "terrorists" because 1) they have to use homemade bombs and suicide bombers because their governments haven't been able to steal enough money from the people for a massive military the way ours has, and 2) their culture has been so distorted by our constant re-organization of their leadership, our radicalization of their ideology, and our use of them in proxy wars, that their now radicalized religion is the only thing they can use to try to find common ground with each other. Blowback is a B. And so is the rank hypocrisy of criticizing others for the crimes which you yourself do on a scale so much larger that it looks like a completely different animal.
edit on 4-12-2014 by pexx421 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Stormdancer777
I don't think you, and the vast majority of xtians fall under this statement. It's that element that would indeed still be having witch trials, among other things, if the law didn't stop them. I will say he(and I) should have been more specific as to which group this was aimed at, rather than blanketing fundamentalists as a whole. But it is true that the most extreme "Christians" are in sects that are staunchly literalist/fundamentalist. Like the Jesus Camp/ anti-"homo" videos.

I appreciate the call out. I will choose my words more carefully from now on, and be more specific.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join