It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

pope says christian fundies no better than isis

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
i love this new pope! first, he is actually following christ as opposed to paul. now this!

www.addictinginfo.org...

what do you think? consider that we have on this site a thread about a pastor calling for genocide of gays, he has a point!

+1 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: blackthorne

Excellent! Although an atheist myself, I do like this new Francis! And I often have claimed the same. Just the many abortion clinic shootings & bombings alone pretty much put them in the same basket. Well they don't stone women to death and behead people. Not YET at least. But the trappings are there.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:41 AM
link   

I agree.
Just on ATS you can see them spit out venom and hate towards science and any other way of thought different from theirs.
I wish I could list out the names of the people who should listen to the Popes message but they know who they are.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
to quote takahata101's alucard: "the pope is dope"

unless he starts recanting.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:45 AM
link   
the Papal facepalm pic is awesome.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

This pope is awesome. Too bad he came after I left the religion.

+9 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
In his attempt to appease the masses on both sides, Muslim and Christian, he is missing the mark bigtime. With actual crucifixions, beheadings in public squares, mass graves, mass rapes by Isis, Christian fundamentalists are not out committing genocide on a national size policy scale. In this sense he is downplaying the atrocities of Isis by labeling them generic fundamentalists along with Christian fundamentalists.

+5 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

No they are committing genocide as well. Genocide of the mind. Holding back education and science just because it conflicts with your beliefs does untold damage to future generations.

+8 more 
posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

No they are committing genocide as well. Genocide of the mind. Holding back education and science just because it conflicts with your beliefs does untold damage to future generations.

That is sick, you just downplayed outright murder on a mass scale by comparing it to just having opinions on science and education you deem hurtful.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   

there has been acts of terrorism committed by christian extremists in this country. the murders of abortion doctors, bombing of clinics, were done in the name of christ. and you missed the thread by another person where a pastor was calling for genocide of gay people.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Backwards thinking creates fundamentalism, which creates the murder and bloodshed that religion is so infamous for. It is all related. With proper education in the sciences, people like this wouldn't exist to spread their hate.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: blackthorne

there has been acts of terrorism committed by christian extremists in this country. the murders of abortion doctors, bombing of clinics, were done in the name of christ. and you missed the thread by another person where a pastor was calling for genocide of gay people.

Until they start bulldozing live bodies of elderly and children into the dirt on a mass scale it is no comparison even though it is outright wrong of the Christian fundamentalists to be killing anyone it is not on the scale of national policy over a controlled and governed territory of land.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

I'm sure there would be a few Christian fundamentalist groups, if given the chance and authority to do so, would enact stuff like ISIS. And I'm positive they already exist in this country.
edit on 4-12-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Those who follow Christ, would be wise to understand that the relationship is personal; the Christian is to apply the "fundamentals" over there own thoughts, words and actions; never over another mind.

You are accountable for you own sins, not the sins of others; it is God that leads a mind to change (repent), not the words of a human; if God is not currently working (changing, converting over time) on the mind of another that is God's choice, and it is sin on the part of the christian who thinks otherwise and takes the responsibility of moral determination regarding another human being upon themselves to change; they are actually lifting themselves above God in spirit and in truth.

God leads, His people follow.

Anyone who claims to follow Christ and attempts to force their faith upon another man is a liar and the truth is not in him.

God Bless,

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
as a bible nut, the message is valid & everything you folks say here of hardcore fundies is valid

but the pope might like to remove the splinter from his eye before attempting to remove the log from his brothers eye, and maybe release some of that vatican money to assist the poor & needy..

dissing science & other advancement is just stupid (how are these fundies typing on the internet?) but thinking science & advancement oust *God* is equally stupid
/shrug

..i didn't bother posting in the pastor calling for gay genocide topic (or whatever it's called)

i DO kinda agree with that tinfoilTP unit (but) the bible tells us to 'be strong, be men, & do all we do with love'
it's sometimes difficult to continually practice what one preaches, & i think the pope is accountable to this also.

Anyone who claims to follow Christ and attempts to force their faith upon another man is a liar and the truth is not in him.

…25But one who looks intently at the perfect law, the law of liberty, and abides by it, not having become a forgetful hearer but an effectual doer, this man will be blessed in what he does. 26If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man's religion is worthless. 27Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.

edit on 4-12-2014 by UNIT76 because: force no man, but speak your truth

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:26 AM
link   

national policy? have you heard the comments from certain politicians from a certain party? like the dolt who is on the house science committee who said that evolution and climate change are "lies straight from the mouth of satan from hell"? jodi earnst calling for christian prayers to be back in school? certain 5 members of our supreme court who usually rule by using their faith?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

I seem to remember our own President George Bush telling Americans that God wanted him to declare war on and attack Iran. Should I go looking for photos to post of the masses of dead women and children that our Christian President proudly claimed responsibility for?

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   

tonight i listened to radio 2GB (australian talkback radio) hosted by brian wiltshire..
he said (tonight) the political climate change gang have done a 180 on the man-made mantra & have shifted over to 800,000 years of accumulated natural effects being the cause (something very much like that)
while this doesn't directly trace the problem back to satan (lulz) it does indicate the deception involved (and apparently he's the father of lies, right?)
evolution hasn't been *proven* yet either (just as the bible's account of things hasn't been proven) so it would seem for all of us; these are all still somewhat matters of faith not belief, not cold hard indisputable fact (in lieu of such facts, my faith is in God)
/shrug

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

"Collateral damage" doesn't count as a genocide...

Yawn.

posted on Dec, 4 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

be honest.
did bush jnr seem like he loved God?

…25But one who looks intently at the perfect law, the law of liberty, and abides by it, not having become a forgetful hearer but an effectual doer, this man will be blessed in what he does. 26If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man's religion is worthless. 27Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained by the world.

or was it just all about family dynasty?

barbara: "there are a lot of great families. It's not just four families, or whatever. There are other people out there that are very qualified. We've had enough Bushes."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join