It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson Grand Jury: No Indictment for Darren Wilson in Michael Brown Shooting

page: 112
<< 109  110  111    113  114 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Shamrock6

Why is the Pentagon selling tanks through government grants paid for by taxpayers? Sounds like a "go ahead and see if you get by with it" from the Pentagon. Did not go over very well seeing them lined up in Ferguson. The officer had a car, he had a weapon, probably several. He had all the time and options to avoid endangering innocent citizens around him in a shoot out. He knew they lived in the neighborhood, not hard to find.

that's a bit of an over-dramatization. the Pentagon is selling armored vehicles, not tanks. tanks are the things with treads and big gun tubes sticking out of the top. armored vehicles are.....armored vehicles. while I don't disagree that it's an unnecessary expense for your regular run of the mill PD unit to have, I completely fail to see how that Pentagon program ties into the Ferguson shooting in any way, or shows that the Pentagon endorses actions like the Ferguson shooting.

Where did Wilson say he knew Brown and the other guy lived in the neighborhood? I don't remember seeing that anywhere. I don't really understand your mindset on the other things you said. it seems like you're saying that police shouldn't do police work, unless they're rolling 6 deep at all times or something. LEOs shouldn't ever make contact with anybody when there's the slightest chance the contact can go sideways (which is just about any time a LEO makes contact with somebody), unless there's multiple officers there, and they're not around anybody else, dwellings, businesses, etc? that's a pretty narrow scope.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

a reply to: AgentSmith

Guess we will never know what a POS the kid was since he did not get to defend himself. Move to Qatar or somewhere.

The "kid" had plenty of chances to defend himself. He could have stopped after he stole the cigars and asaulted the storeowner, and appeared before a judge. I would be interested to hear his defense on that. He could have stopped after he assaulted the LEO. I would have been interested in hearing that defense. I would also like to hear the reason he charged the cop after being told to stop.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Are not tanks armored vehicles? He had worked for the Ferguson Police dept for years. He knew the kid lived in the neighborhood. Bad cops, bad judgements, too much power.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Tanks are armoured vehicles, but not all armoured vehicles are tanks..
If you read the Grand Jury Documents, you'll see that Officer Wilson had never seen either of them before. So in light of that, how easy do you think it would be to 'find them later'? Are you really naive enough to honestly think that the cops could just pop round door to door and ask where he lived with a photo and someone would actually say 'yeah, he live over there at number .. officer'. Get a grip..

I don't see in light of the evidence the cop made any bad judgements, I only see Brown made bad call after bad call and it landed him in the ground.

The whole thing stinks, but not in the way you think. Look at that posed shot for thanksgiving by the family, the food on the table looks like it's still in the trays from the caterer. How many people do you know that would pose for a photo like that, or any photo, when they're grieving? Why are members of the family making money selling merchandise and then being attacked and robbed by other members of the family? Why can you or anyone think that sort of environment and upbringing is going to produce a good egg?

And why was Brown with some other people hanging around in the same convenience store at 1:23am that morning? As he was allegedly with his pal Dorian the next morning at about 7am he can't have had much sleep. Maybe the lack of sleep combined with the drugs in his system helped him make the bad choices that cost him his life.

And why was Dorian Johnson's, the star witness, bracelet on the floor next to Wilson's vehicle, with both Wilson's and Dorian's DNA on it?, did he in fact also take part in the assault with Wilson maybe not aware due to the savageness of the attack?

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Are not tanks armored vehicles? He had worked for the Ferguson Police dept for years. He knew the kid lived in the neighborhood. Bad cops, bad judgements, too much power.

I think AgentSmith pretty well covered the tank aspect.

As for knowing Brown....seriously? Do you really believe that a cop knows everybody in his patrol district? And that's assuming that Ferguson PD puts the same officers in the same beats day after day, which not every department does. The only reasons an officer would have to know somebody specifically, and their personal details, is by having repeated contact with either the person or residence, or there was an active want/warrant for that person, was related to the person, or other things of that nature. Bottom line: unless he has a reason to know a person and their personal info, he won't.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

You asked: Are not tanks armored vehicles? To which I must respond: Is not ignorance bliss?

Why would any officer know where this kid lived? Why does dispatch show the suspect had disappeared if they knew where he lived in the neighborhood? Even the store owner who called in the robbery had no idea what the kids name was or where he lived even though he saw him hang out there often.

Do you mind pointing out the Armored Vehicle officer Wilson was in during this altercation?

Now, since you don't know what a tank is:

SourceA tank is a large type of armoured fighting vehicle with tracks, designed for front-line combat. Modern tanks are strong mobile land weapons platforms, mounting a large-calibre cannon in a rotating gun turret.

As far as who mainly provides Armored Vehicles: They are supplied by civilian manufacturers. The same civilian companies who make armored trucks (e.g. money transport) make armored vehicles for PD's.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 04:32 PM
link   
a reply to: AgentSmith

Exactly, or the cop who choked an unarmed man to death for selling untaxed Cig's in NYC. THAT is where the outrage should be from the black community. That guy was unarmed and surrendering. The entire thing is on video.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I would be terrified to see those on the street. It would remind me of when I was a girl and read The Diary of Anne Frank. Ah, so that is what they are meant for.

posted on Dec, 3 2014 @ 08:49 PM
link   

I would be terrified to see those on the street. It would remind me of when I was a girl and read The Diary of Anne Frank. Ah, so that is what they are meant for.

Seeing as that was written by a girl living in a country that had been invaded, I guess you only need to worry if you start seeing Canadian tanks

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   

The tanks, checkpoints, Gestapo justice system, was happening in Berlin against its own citizens also. Sound familiar?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   

The tanks, checkpoints, Gestapo justice system, was happening in Berlin against its own citizens also. Sound familiar?

what tanks? repetition doesn't make something accurate. if I say the sky is purple with green polka dots 100 times, it doesn't make it any more true than the first time I said it.

no, I don't equate current day America to 1930s Germany. sorry. that's an extreme I just don't agree with. I will happily agree with you that some things, even many things, are over the top. but if you legitimately believe that we're on par with the time and place you're referencing, you need to study your history a bit more.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

The Jews in Germany were in denial and apathetic also. Nazi theories now in america: Mandatory ID, mandatory signing away rights to get a job, checkpoints within the border stopping citizens for no reason, arming the police with military vehicles and weapons, the prosecutors and police brotherly bond.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

The Jews in Germany were in Denial? Are you serious? The Jews knew what was coming and were warning each other about it. The NON JEWS in Germany were the ones who were in Denial...

Shamrock is right, you need to learn your History.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

No, the evidence shows that cops have been given the Blessing by the Pentagon and the justice system that they are special. If I was so afraid of going into a neighborhood with such dangerous conditions, I would choose to go alone? If I thought I was onto two thieves walking down this dangerous neighborhood, I would choose to confront them, alone? If I were attacked sitting in my patrol car, I would choose to chase a neighborhood kid through his neighborhood, alone? He was a bad cop with bad judgment and self righteousness. He needs another profession where he is not in power over american lives.

My question is: what sort of cop are you? Sheriff's Deputy? City Police Officer? Federal? Campus? You don't have to be specific, just the general type of cop you are.

I ask you this because you obviously feel qualified to determine how a cop should do his job, and assess his performance thereof. Now I know for sure that I'm not qualified to tell a baker or a fireman how they should do their job, because I'm not a baker or a fireman. Not even trained for it.

So what sort of cop are you?

If the answer inconceivably turns out to be "none, no kind of cop", how is what YOU would do, per your paragraph above detailing what YOU would do, relevant?

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   

NO. My husband's grandparents, non jews, left Germany because of the Nazi's and came here to the US. Lots of Germans left because of the Nazi Party. The Jews should have left or stood and fought a civil war.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

How about the trust factor? We need it for doctors, pilots, why not cops? Right now, with all the killing of unarmed people, they are losing the confidence of the citizens who pay their salaries.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 07:10 PM
link   

NO. My husband's grandparents, non jews, left Germany because of the Nazi's and came here to the US. Lots of Germans left because of the Nazi Party. The Jews should have left or stood and fought a civil war.

Coulda woulda shoulda. Oh and yea, as I recall there were a few different Jewish groups running around causing the Nazis problems. Or were they just not trying hard enough for you?

By your own statements, your husband's family should've stayed and helped the Jews.

As I've said in other threads: everybody wants to be a gangster till it's time to do gangster #
edit on 5-12-2014 by Shamrock6 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   

a reply to: nenothtu

How about the trust factor? We need it for doctors, pilots, why not cops? Right now, with all the killing of unarmed people, they are losing the confidence of the citizens who pay their salaries.

Well, to be honest with you, I don't trust doctors either - not at all not in the slightest, not a single one. That's why I will NEVER go to see one, ever, and why Obamacare is a slap in my face. Even at that, I DO NOT tell doctors how to do their jobs - I have no clue how a doctor goes about his business. I'm not a doctor. Similarly, I wouldn't be presumptuous enough to tell a pilot how to fly, either. I'm not a pilot.

If you don't trust your cops, and you are paying their salaries, fire them. If you can't fire them, then it's not YOU paying their salaries. The people who are actually paying someone's salary can fire him, without fail. I'd be interested to see how long it took before the mad scramble to rehire cops in that event. I'd give it a week at the most, and not blame the cops at all if they said "not interested, gone fishing" to the renewed job offer when it came about.

posted on Dec, 5 2014 @ 11:35 PM
link   

The Jews did leave...they were rounded up in Poland, France, Italy etc etc...

So even though someone you're related to left Germany does not qualify you to know what the Jews were doing...

As soon as the Nazi's took power about 1/4 of the Jews left Germany.

Source

Anyway, that's off topic. Learn history.

posted on Dec, 6 2014 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Six million of them did not. Led to the slaughter. Where our country is headed with so much power given to cops that they can kill unarmed citizens in the street.

top topics

<< 109  110  111    113  114 >>

join