It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

33 Things Americans Should Know About Canada. Seriously

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Sometimes I decide to tailor my post to their twisted logic. I hope it shows them how silly they were in saying what they said and it usually works. ((It depends on how arrogant the other person is))

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Sabiduria

There's 2 different words that come to mind that define that imo....baiting....trolling....

posted on Nov, 18 2014 @ 09:16 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid
I never thought of it that way. I was thinking about it more from a way of...shoot I can't recall the psychology term at the moment.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrepid

originally posted by: bobs_uruncle

No, the grovellor general can disband parliament, force conscription, institute marshal law, etc. If the queen decided there was a problem here in Canadakastan, all she would have to do is send an order to the grovellor general, disband parliament and then as you say, "rubber stamp" any draconian laws she likes.

Really? And how would that be enforced?

The grovellor general is the "head of state" by proxy (on behalf of the reigning monarch in england), unless there was a coup de'tat, how could it not be enforced? Obama is the head of state in the US, when was the last time the military didn't do what he said? Harper or any "Prime Minister" is simply a meat puppet who has the appearance of power under a rather odd colour of law.

So....

Canada is NOT a country, and,
The prime minister is NOT the head of state.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: bobs_uruncle

There is NO way that our military would bend to the Queen's hand. Ludicrous to think so. All born, raised and proud Canadians.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

There is NO way that our military would bend to the Queen's hand. Ludicrous to think so. All born, raised and proud Canadians.

How much of the world have you lived in? I know quite a few mil personnel and am former mil myself, so I would beg to differ. Once read the 'riot act' and the truth explained to them, there would be no choice but to follow the "queen's" orders, through her proxy. Canada is still just a colony, the same as Australia or New Zealand or a host of others where old queeny is the head of state. You do realize that if the military were to not obey orders from the grovellor general, that would be deemed treason against the crown and then you get a bunch of british soldiers showing up here.

Now I don't agree with this, it's simply the way it is. Many many people are under the misconception that Canada is a country, I think rather than keep up this false pretense, let's just properly divorce the biatch and get it over and done with. Let's have some real autonomy and become a real country.

One other thing and go check this out... Only countries can be on the UN Security Council, why has Canada, Australia, New Zealand or any other "corporate holding" (read incorporated subsidiary/colony) of the Queen/City of London never been on the security council? I'll tell you why, it would give the UK multiple seats and an unfair advantage in steering the UN Security Council. Don't believe me? Go look it up, do some research ;-)

Canada is about as much a country as your hand is a separate body that thinks on its own. Canada is NOT a country.

Cheers - Dave
edit on 11/19.2014 by bobs_uruncle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 04:59 PM
link   

How much of the world have you lived in? I know quite a few mil personnel and am former mil myself, so I would beg to differ.

No need. Ask a different question. How much of THIS country have I lived in? Damn near all of it. Did I mention that mine is also a military family? I spent most of my life around service people. We have always been forefront for the Mother country but if SHE tried crap here.... no way. This COUNTRY is it's own now.

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Thanks for that helpful info
better start studying!

posted on Nov, 19 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   

How much of the world have you lived in? I know quite a few mil personnel and am former mil myself, so I would beg to differ.

No need. Ask a different question. How much of THIS country have I lived in? Damn near all of it. Did I mention that mine is also a military family? I spent most of my life around service people. We have always been forefront for the Mother country but if SHE tried crap here.... no way. This COUNTRY is it's own now.

Well, hopefully a lot of people feel that way (re. if she tried crap here), especially military, but as much as I would like Canada to be a country, it is not and will not be until we divorce the queen and disband the corporate, financial and feudal oligarchy.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Midnight13
Your welcome

Canada isn't perfect but it's still beautiful! If I had my pick, I'd be moving to Finland or Switzerland.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Do you know why Canadian Military Insignia bears " The Crown" ?

Look it up and you will find the answer on who the Military is loyal to. It's not The Canadian Government.

The same goes for The U.K. , Australia , New Zealand etc .

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: alldaylong

Experience life with Canadian service people. You will see who they are loyal to.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Experience life with Canadian service people. You will see who they are loyal to.

I have made it easier for you

Allegiance and loyalty to the monarch, and the manner in which they are expressed, are specifically outlined in the Canadian Forces regulations and subordinate orders. Within the Queen's Regulations and Orders, it is stipulated that all Canadian citizens or British subjects who enroll in the forces must take the Oath of Allegiance before either a commissioned officer or a justice of the peace. Others must recite a longer oath: "I, [name], do swear (or solemnly affirm) that I will well and truly serve Her Majesty, Queen Elizabeth the Second, Queen of Canada, Her heirs and successors according to law, in the Canadian Forces until lawfully released, that I will resist Her Majesty's enemies and cause Her Majesty's peace to be kept and maintained and that I will, in all matters pertaining to my service, faithfully discharge my duty. So help me God"; the words So help me God are omitted if a solemn affirmation is taken

Queen first

Country Second

End Off.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
Queen first

Country Second

End Off.

Iraq War.

UK go to hell.

Nuff said.

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: alldaylong
Queen first

Country Second

End Off.

I

UK go to hell.

Don't let the " Commander In Chief " of The Canadian Armed Forces here you say that. She won't be happy.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 20 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   

You can keep saying it but it still won't make it true. Little boy grew up.

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 03:14 AM
link   

You can keep saying it but it still won't make it true. Little boy grew up.

Oh dear.

The truth hurts i see. You can't deny what is written in black and white ( even though you are attempting to )

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Switzerland isVERY beautiful. I went to Basle and it's gorgeous!

But since I'm from the desert, anywhere with greenery is just better

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Midnight13

Canada will be a great improvement than, especially my home province of B.C. They don't call it Beautiful B.C for nothing

I've only seen pictures of Switzerland but it looks beautiful.

I want to move to a country where minimum wage actually reflects cost of living, where education & health care is free and the people will actually stand up against crooked officials (bankers jailed in Switzerland after the big financial collapse)

Switzerland is testing out geothermal energy right now and that is awesome of them for trying

posted on Nov, 21 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Out of curiosity, how much of the country have you experienced?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join