It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

33 Things Americans Should Know About Canada. Seriously

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

Right I forgot that is where they did the festival. The headliners this year looked very impressive.

posted on Nov, 23 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Midnight13

Just goes to show you much the times have changed.

Our families thought North America would be best because it had lots of unclaimed land & that you could buy up. It was supposed to be the continent of opportunity and it ended up tanking.

Now the smaller countries we've fled from have their stuff together and seem to actually care about the citizens of the land.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:21 PM
link   
This might sound like a stupid question, but what do you guys eat on thanksgiving?

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Midnight13
This might sound like a stupid question, but what do you guys eat on thanksgiving?

The same as you guys but it's a month earlier. Harvest season being shorter and all. We don't get the football you do but it's on the 2nd Mon. of the month so we always get 1 game.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Turkey, cranberry sauce, stuffing, sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes with gravy, brussel sprouts, pumpkin pie, sweet potato pie.....
oh I cannot wait for xmas

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Out of curiosity do you eat Cornmeal muffins?

My Mom always makes cornmeal muffins with our holiday meal, it's a nice Southern treat. ((Mind you not just people down South eat cornmeal muffins, I know they are enjoyed all across the States))

I used to love it when we had leftovers of the muffins because that meant the next morning you could heat them up, butter them up and put syrup on them. mmmmmm...I hope my Mom makes them from Christmas this year.

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Thank you Canadia!

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Yeah we have cornbread! it is very good.

Ok so it's the same thing pretty much

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:22 PM
link   

When I was younger, my Grandma on my Mom's side (the one from the States) would host a Thanksgiving dinner so I would get two a year. When my family celebrated the Canadian Thanksgiving, we would have a ham with an amazing Hawaiian glaze & a gravy made from the ham drippings. It was always super yummy. My Grandma would do up a turkey for U.S Thanksgiving.

My Mom also does a sweet potato dish that is also a common way U.S way to prepare it.

Oh & I love Hush Puppies!!!! When my Grandma goes down to Hilton Head every summer for a family reunion, she always brings my Mom back some Hush Puppy mixes. Man I haven't had some in a long time.

Oh and in case I don't get a chance to do this later:

Happy Thanksgiving to all you folks from the States. Enjoy your yummy holiday comfort food

posted on Nov, 25 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   
a reply to: the_philth

Rush is pretty kick ass. Gotta love Geddy Lee!

I love listening to Rock 101 Vancouver online because they play the greatest hits from the 70's, 80's & now the 90's.

My parents raised me on Classic Rock and I'm so grateful they did. Such great talent!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sabiduria

When I was younger, my Grandma on my Mom's side (the one from the States) would host a Thanksgiving dinner so I would get two a year. When my family celebrated the Canadian Thanksgiving, we would have a ham with an amazing Hawaiian glaze & a gravy made from the ham drippings. It was always super yummy. My Grandma would do up a turkey for U.S Thanksgiving.

My Mom also does a sweet potato dish that is also a common way U.S way to prepare it.

Oh & I love Hush Puppies!!!! When my Grandma goes down to Hilton Head every summer for a family reunion, she always brings my Mom back some Hush Puppy mixes. Man I haven't had some in a long time.

Oh and in case I don't get a chance to do this later:

Happy Thanksgiving to all you folks from the States. Enjoy your yummy holiday comfort food

Oh thank you! and a happy belated thanksgiving to you guys!

What exactly is a hush puppy?

You're lucky, you get 2 thanksgivings!

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Hush Puppies are made from a six-ingredient batter, which is dropped by spoonfuls into hot oil to cook.
They were perhaps the original treat (aka bribe) for Fido. Legends tell how Southern fishermen and Civil War soldiers first made the golden nuggets from scraps just to toss to barking and begging dogs with the command to “Hush, puppy.”

Super yummy *drools* I'm pretty sure it's a food I can't eat anymore with my stomach/intestinal issues.

I don't get two Thanksgivings anymore, it became to hard on my Grandma, especially when my Aunt (her daughter) & her family moved into town.

posted on Nov, 26 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I think I need to make some hush kitties for my talkative cat lol

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: Sabiduria

as a Canadian I love the way they rip on Americans and you deserve it

posted on Oct, 22 2015 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: LurkingRelentlessly
i disagree with the buttkicking of 1812 remark. only the northern half got their butts kicked, the south held its own as always.

and furthemore they took lake erie and part of ontario a year later.

They were negotiated not taken.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join