It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Penalty For Uninsured Not Signing Up For Obamacare To More Than Triple

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 02:14 AM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

Obama care has been a lie since the start. Remember back when they swore up and down it was not a tax. Well it turned out according to the constitution you can not force people to buy something.............Wait for it.........Wait for it.........

Now it is considered a tax the IRS is the collective arm for Obama care.............They flat out lied people. This is also the reason why a republican was not elected president. The conservative minded people would not have bought into the lie as much. The liberal mind tends to float on the wind not unlike a paper bag in the wind.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:15 AM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

Replace liberal with corporatist. Both parties engage in this. Obamacare was a Republican developed plan tested out in MA by Romney. There's a reason Obama came out of nowhere and became president. He's a flawless Patsy for corporate interests. If you think Republicans are the better party you are missing the point. Even more so if you thought McCain or Romney would have been different. All our candidates for president are essentially identical on the stuff that truly matters.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 03:41 AM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

word.

however, the ACA, and whatever the thing in MA is called, are NOT the same....perhaps similar, but not the same.

and obviously, this similar system seems to be working on a small scale....it can't work on a national scale...

perhaps the solution is a compromise.....

a tax-funded system, but on the state level....no federal involvement whatsoever..

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: eXia7

Can't we start a massive class action lawsuit against the Corporation (USSA) that is responsible for this Unconstitutional fine???

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 04:43 AM
link   
a reply to: StopThaZionistWorldOrder

it's funny you should mention this....

depending on if you believe it or not, allegedly, the district of columbia act incorporated the federal government into a private corporation...this would actually make them open to legal actions like lawsuit...

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 05:27 AM
link   
Geez! Hasn't anyone gotten the message from Obama and the Dems? Forget the law, the bills being passed, etc. THEY ARE GOING TO TAKE YOUR MONEY AND YOUR FREEDOM. It doesn't matter if you call it Immigration Reform, Health Care whatever else. You get NOTHING...and they take. That is what YOU voted for and that is what YOU bestowed upon every other American. You have given the greedy, direct access to your bank account, your home, your job and your freedom. And they are taking it all.

YOU who voted for these asses are to blame. You don't blame a lion for biting someone...you blame the zookeeper who let him walk around free. 50% of Americans did this to all of us. Single them out...point the finger and do as you must. THEY created this...they are to blame.
edit on 11/14/2014 by WeAreAWAKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 05:32 AM
link   
1. I'm not working, live with my husband, and have no income of my own. Any subsidies would have to include his income as mine but what if he decides he doesn't want to insure me?? Is there a legal way for me to force him to?? Didn't think so and wouldn't want to anyways! Maybe it would be better if I just moved out and let dear old uncle sam pay for everything for me???

2. I am not sure that any subsidies that we maybe could get would be constitutional and legal! That question hasn't been decided by the supreme court yet! And I don't want to be a part of any criminal activity and I definantly don't want to take advantage of a subsidy that just might be deemed unconstitutional and risk having to fork over the money that was given to me!!!

3. Is the obamcare website fixed yet? Is it secure?? I think I read somewhere where they expect as many problems this year as last!

4. My husband says we can't afford it and well I could take out pencil and paper and figure out how much we have in excess after the bills and food but I've done that once before! So I will take his word for it and quite frankly- I was left out of the healthcare loop with broken bones when I did it and asked for help. They wouldn't help then don't expect them to now so forget it!

5. The grand finally of this great economic demise is gonna be them freezing our bank accounts, seizing our IRA's, ect and taking most of what we have. So well most of our money isn't in any bank account! so well good luck there mr IRS and if you go for my hubby's paycheck well what can I say- he ain't gonna work if he's homeless or hungry!

6. One of my sons did go onto the site to see if he would qualify. He didn't qualify and the cost of the insurance along with the deductable would have taken up most of his yearly income leaving him homeless. So what good would the insurance do him??? And by what I hear most of the younger adults are earning crap for wages so I don't expect them to be in a position to help us older ones out anyways. Heck we are still helping them out!ree

7. This law has been cluttered with exemptions and delays from day one and the courts have been cluttered with challenges to the law! As a result they have given corporations rights that you as a citizen don't have!! They can avoid having to provide insurance to their employees for birth control for relligious reasons! Can you avoid providing insurance to your minor daughter for those very same reasons?????

8. It's simple!
No income of my own.
Husband has either failed to produce enough income to insure me or maybe he doesn't want to.
Gov't refused me when I most needed the help in the past and I don't think that anyone could prove that that fact didn't play out in me not having a job now! Wouldn't help then and I don't want their help now!! I'll live till I die without the medical care unless I am sure that I can pay for it!
I'm exempt!! They fine me and well... like I said in my first point...
Maybe it would be better if I just moved out and let dear old uncle sam pay for everything for me???

This law needs to be scrapped and they need to start over... this time maybe they can actually do what they seemed to be claiming they were gonna do with this law.... make healthcare more affordable!
You can't get blood out of a rock and it seems like plenty is being done to make sure those rocks have less and less blood every month! Every one of my kids were doing better financially before the housing bust hit!! Now they can't make it without our help!
WTF!!!

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 05:36 AM
link   
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Ya know I am sorry but I think I will pin the loss of homes on the republicans and Bush!
They are the ones that put our economy in a comatose state on permanent life support!
The republicans wouldn't have been able to pull us out either! It's dead!

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

If you study commercial law you realize all the government agencies and states are CORPorations. They are fictitions.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 10:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
a reply to: WeAreAWAKE

Ya know I am sorry but I think I will pin the loss of homes on the republicans and Bush!
They are the ones that put our economy in a comatose state on permanent life support!
The republicans wouldn't have been able to pull us out either! It's dead!

Dems want to take all of everyones money and the decide who should get what in order to make themselves kings over the people and this administration does that while lying right in our faces. Sure...other political parties lie and take, but not at the level or with the bold-face audacity of this group. Just look at the recent news about the Obama-care architect. And that is only the most recent lie to cheat us. Next week it will be executive order amnesty costing us 5 to 10 million more people fighting for jobs in a country where they broke in like a thief.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   
This is the end of America. I wonder if all the illegal immigrants are getting their bank accounts garnished. It really is disgusting. BUT, the bigger picture lies in the day when your Insurance disappears when you refuse the vaccine. And I believe that day WILL come, and most likely sooner than later. Their goal, is to get every one to take the needle.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I just completed my open enrollment. Last year my insurance went up for my family almost 30%. (Fortunately my company covers most of it), and this year it went up another 10%.

So that is a HUGE increase in my insurance costs in just the last two years since the ACA took effect.

If I was someone living paycheck to paycheck I would be screwed.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

gotta love how affordable it is, 'eh?

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Funny thing Most ATS'ers were FOR obama and FOR ACA.. until we saw how much a of a turd both of them were.

Fast forward to today, and the bandwagons are here.

"I'll just say it now, because I will be saying it for years to come.... Told you so" - Me 2009

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Yes. Health insurance costs never went up before the PPACA.

November 17, 2011 Health insurance premiums rose by an average of 50 percent nationwide from 2003 to 2010, the Commonwealth Fund found in a report released on Thursday. And costs went up even more for people covered at work—employee contributions to annual premiums increased by 63 percent, the report found.

The average family health insurance plan cost an average of $13,871 a year in 2010, the report found. Annual premiums rose in every state over the seven years from 33 percent in Idaho to 70 percent in Mississippi.

Health Premiums Up 50 Percent From 2003 to 2010 - Report

Rapidly rising health insurance premiums and higher cost-sharing continue to strain the budgets of U.S. working families and employers. Analysis of state trends in private employer-based health insurance from 2003 to 2011 reveals that premiums for family coverage increased 62 percent across states—rising far faster than income for middle- and low-income families. At the same time, deductibles more than doubled in large and small firms. Workers are thus paying more but getting less-protective benefits. If trends continue at their historical rate, the average premium for family coverage will reach nearly $25,000 by 2020.

State Trends in Premiums and Deductibles, 2003–2011: Eroding Protection and Rising Costs Underscore Need for Action

You know, if you guys are against the PPACA, I sympathize with you. I think it's a piece of crap in comparison to what we could have or should have had.

Democrats weaseled out and let Republicans and Republican-policies (like the individual mandate) get meshed in with what the President promised in his campaign, and then were surprised when they backed out 100%.

In fact, I hope Republicans make some proactive changes to the law. But don't act like insurance doesn't go up every year, for godssake.

You can have an opinion without being disingenuous if not dishonest.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: LeoStarchild

what were you called back then?

i don't recall "most" of us being for either obama, or the ACA.....

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: LeoStarchild
Funny thing Most ATS'ers were FOR obama and FOR ACA.. until we saw how much a of a turd both of them were.

Fast forward to today, and the bandwagons are here.

"I'll just say it now, because I will be saying it for years to come.... Told you so" - Me 2009

"Most ATSers" do not participate in the political threads. I did not come here to do so.

But I've been reading here for a while, and I absolutely would not ever characterize ATS as being pro-Obama or pro-ACA.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

But Obama promised rates would go down and save people money.

That's one lie (of many) that cut him.

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

50% over 8 years is a big difference from 40% in 2 years...especially since ACA was supposed to REDUCE premiums...

posted on Nov, 14 2014 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I remember all the 'top' ATSers including skeptic and crew backing Obama, and slandering and banning people who were against BHO.

My point is I as well as others seen this coming years ago. If you don't recall all this as fact, then you either weren't paying attention or were starving for ATS points.

I will continue to eat my popcorn.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join