It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1% is eroding American Heritage! Islam Rant

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Another Muslim bash.

It's been a quiet week, should have expected this at some point.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45
a reply to: EaglesFan

Says the guy who hates America and can't wait for the religious army.......

If you take a war too Muslims, a Muslim is well within his right to wage war right back at you.. If you surrender, the Muslim must also lay down his arms.. But I do not see the USA as a Christian nation so why the hell would a Muslim call America a brother? It doesn't mean destroy America, it just means stay the hell away from America.. But it's too hard when America likes waging war in Muslim countries I guess. Maybe people like you should sort your Atheist government out who have been meddling in others affairs for decades.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:59 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

The way I read it they decided to remove All religious dates from the calendar. Which seems to be counter to what Zainab Chaudry was pushing for?

Muslim advocate Zainab Chaudry speaks to the Board of Education about recognizing Eid al-Adha

So, the kids who are of any of these faiths can still take off the Holidays as per their religious beliefs but it simply wont be on the calendar.

Starting next school year, Montgomery County Public Schools will no longer include references to religious holidays on its school calendar.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

It's the safe response to the issue. Allowing for religious equality in schools opens up a dangerous door. You heard about the Satanist coloring books right?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   
You're right, we should definitely keep Christian holidays on our calendars... along with Islamic, Pagan, Hindu, Scientology (not sure if they have them), and any other religions' holidays.

Wait, never mind, that might offend Christians. May as well be politically correct and only show Christian ones in that case.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot

originally posted by: buster2010

CAIR is waging a propoganda machine against America.

The article in the link below is a case in point. Next year the school calendar will no longer show Christian or Jewish holidays on the school calendar.

The politcal correctness that is infecting America disturbing to say the least. How long have our schools, munipalties, and government referenced religious holidays? Americans with islamic beliefs make up 1% of our total population yet we are submissively throwing away decades of tradition so we don't offend just a few!

Anyone else sick of this crap?

www.bethesdamagazine.com...

Did you even bother to read this article? First CAIR isn't even mentioned in the article. Also the Muslims didn't sue to get Christian and Jewish holidays removed from the calender they wanted Muslim holidays on the calender. It was the school that chose to to remove the holidays rather than putting Jewish or Muslims holidays on it. From your link.

The change came as members of the Muslim community lobbied the school board to include on the calendar the Muslim holiday of Eid al-Adha, during which Muslims hold a feast to celebrate the prophet Abraham and mark the end of the Hajj pilgrimage. It’s one of two major religious holidays celebrated each year by Muslims, the other being Eid al-Fitr, which typically falls in July or early August. In 2015, Eid al-Adha falls on the same day as Yom Kippur, so schools are already scheduled to be closed. Muslim advocates asked the school system to list Eid al-Adha on the school calendar as well as Yom Kippur as a reason for the day off. Superintendent Joshua Starr recommended that rather than list both the Jewish and Muslim holiday on the calendar, the school system instead should remove the Jewish holidays from the calendar, since they are closed for operational reasons due to considerable student and teacher absences.

These people just want their religion to be recognized like Christianity and Judaism there is nothing wrong with that.

No but CAIR's twitter feed was where I found the article. SO basically they thumbing their nose for the victory!

This is what you said in the OP.

So CAIR has nothing to do with this at all. You are letting your Islamophobia blind you to what really happened.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 07:36 PM
link   
It's just that things are getting back to normal...

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

a reply to: ketsuko

That's quite a jump from not labeling holidays religiously at one school to a completely monotone society.

So you are saying we are not a secular nation?

Given that most of the people in this nation profess to a faith of one type or another, no I would say we as a people are not a secular nation.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Hehe in another thread you have me crap over saying there is Christian genocide. By your own admission there is. I love being vindicated

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 12:49 AM
link   

a reply to: Metallicus

How does this impact freedom of religion? Christmas and Yom Kippur were not banned.

I realize now that I have to be VERY specific with my wording when it comes to you or you will find a ways to miss my entire point. I don't follow ANY religion, however, I was pointing out that I don't get offended by other peoples religions. That was why I stated that "freedom of religion is not freedom from religion". Just because I am not religious doesn't mean I need to be offended by every little thing that has a religious overtone. I let people have the freedom to have their beliefs and I will have mine. No one is 'forcing' religion on me and if they tried I would politely ask them to STFU.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

I'm lost. Your clarification seems to be indicating that this isn't a big deal then? You seem to be agreeing with me?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

a reply to: sirlancelot

Aren't we a secular nation? What's the big deal?

Freedom of religion doesn't mean freedom from religion.

Thats a great quote and very true. I'm fed up with it being in my face everyday.

When I talk to someone in a shop or Doctors, I want to talk to you, not a Religion! It's what I see all the time. it shouts straight at me 'ISLAM' and I say to myself, oh no... not again.
edit on CSTWed, 12 Nov 2014 08:22:59 -06000000003008x059x0 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

So it's fine for Christianity or Judaism to be in your face but not Islam?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

'Christianity' isn't noticeable... anyone could be a Christian and you wouldn't know it, so yes, that doesn't bother me as they are near enough invisible!

As for 'Judaism'. They are noticeable but there is only a small minority in London and you hardly see them around... they don't own all the shops, so aren't in your face at all.

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Next year the school calendar will no longer show Christian or Jewish holidays on the school calendar.

Do U.S. school calenders show Native American Indian " Holy Days" ?

If not, why not ?

posted on Nov, 12 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   

The same could be said for other faiths. I almost guarantee that you know some neopagans and Buddhists, and don't know. You'd not peg me as a Neopagan druid (except when I am torced up .... ie wearing a torc) I dress business casual at work. I keep my faith to myself, and I'm not bothered by other faiths and philosophies around me. I am pretty sure you will not notice members of the other Abrahamic faiths either, unless they are the noticeable sects. Hell you'd noticed plenty of Christians of the noticeable sects (Amish for example).

I feel you are a little inexperienced in the other spiritual paths out there and think of them in caricature.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: TruthxIsxInxThexMist
'Christianity' isn't noticeable... anyone could be a Christian and you wouldn't know it, so yes, that doesn't bother me as they are near enough invisible!

As for 'Judaism'. They are noticeable but there is only a small minority in London and you hardly see them around... they don't own all the shops, so aren't in your face at all.

So because they're brown?
Or some of them wear a cap or keep a beard (I don't think any of the asian shopkeepers I saw in London wore a muslimmy cap and only a few had a full beard)?

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: babloyi

No, not because they are 'Brown', ha ha... who said that anyway? Not all 'Muslims' are brown!! Silly thing to say.

na, all I was saying is that i'm fed up with it in my face everywhere I go.... It is the dress/beard/headgear wherever I go... if they were to 'be free' and dress "normal", then I wouldn't notice the 'Religion' "in my face"... I would just see the 'Person'.

That's all I'm saying.

If you live in area like me, you won't feel like an 'outcast' or a 'Minority' in my own Country! I'd feel I could actually get on better with those around me.

'Religion' should be left at home when you go to work!! That goes for ALL religions!

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

na, all I was saying is that i'm fed up with it in my face everywhere I go.... It is the dress/beard/headgear wherever I go... if they were to 'be free' and dress "normal", then I wouldn't notice the 'Religion' "in my face"... I would just see the 'Person'.

That's all I'm saying.

If you live in area like me, you won't feel like an 'outcast' or a 'Minority' in my own Country! I'd feel I could actually get on better with those around me.

'Religion' should be left at home when you go to work!! That goes for ALL religions!

But that implies that every muslim has the dress/beard/headgear, which is verifiably untrue. I'm not going to ask where in London, because that'd be stalking, but again, I think I rarely ever saw a shopkeeper even wearing the headgear.

If you want to censor and limit freedom of expression (as exemplified by wearing what you want and styling your hair how you want), you might want to move to France instead.

posted on Nov, 13 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   

This is one of the most F**** Up posts I have read. at least the way I interpreted it.

How are Muslims and Christians different in appearance, please do explain?

Both are humans and yes humans do differ in appearance but I think you are one of ignorant thinking an Arab with brown skin is what a Muslim looks like.

No, not because they are 'Brown', ha ha... who said that anyway? Not all 'Muslims' are brown!! Silly thing to say.

That's even more F**** up in my opinion.

Dress, beard and head gear are not clothes only accustom to Muslims,

That is a silly thing to say.

Dress normal?

So a person wearing clothes different than yours is pushing their religion in your face every where you go?

When you see just the 'person', your ideology would find something else to divide you again, then it might be the colour of their skin once every one dresses the way you want them to so they don't offend you.

edit on 13-11-2014 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-11-2014 by InhaleExhale because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join