It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

1% is eroding American Heritage! Islam Rant

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
CAIR is waging a propoganda machine against America.

The article in the link below is a case in point. Next year the school calendar will no longer show Christian or Jewish holidays on the school calendar.

The politcal correctness that is infecting America disturbing to say the least. How long have our schools, munipalties, and government referenced religious holidays? Americans with islamic beliefs make up 1% of our total population yet we are submissively throwing away decades of tradition so we don't offend just a few!

Anyone else sick of this crap?

www.bethesdamagazine.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 04:33 PM
link   
a reply to: sirlancelot

you know when i was in the army in basic training they had us fill out what religion we were so the chaplain could hold a service for you and one guy said he was a druid and worshiped nature. No one made fun of him ( at least to his face) and last i recall the chaplain met with him to ask if he needed any special services or resources for his religion.

I swear I should have never left the military.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 04:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockpaperhammock

you know when i was in the army in basic training they had us fill out what religion we were so the chaplain could hold a service for you and one guy said he was a druid and worshiped nature. No one made fun of him ( at least to his face) and last i recall the chaplain met with him to ask if he needed any special services or resources for his religion.

I swear I should have never left the military.

I have no problem with someone having their beliefs! That being said especially related to Islam they have belief that all other religions should go away or bow down to them. They should live in America, practice their religion, and let America keep it's heritage! Just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:02 PM
link   

waasnt it a south park episode that touched on this...and eventually xmas couldn't have anything...and the only thing left was a star and then someone says something like "that star is offending me" lol....and then there is nothing...ill try to find that clip...

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

A lot of them do that. I think this is the PC nanny system forcing it upon us while most followers are just focused on their lives and not dominating in the name of Islam.

Not saying there aren't hardcore believers but the majority here seem to be too busy trying to earn a living.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Is that site to be believed? It doesn't look like a 'trusted' source!

However, if this is true it is more 'freedoms' being erased by the 'few'. What is wrong with having Holidays in the name of whatever? Where I live there was a huge billboard all about 'Ramadan'. trying to say 'give to Charity' but all it was about was the Religion of 'Islam'. Nothing else and it was there for a few weeks! I went out and sprayed over it. just because there are "some" people who are Religious, doesn't mean they have to shove it in everyone else's face!

I don't watch much TV these days but I was bought up to know hen the Holidays are and hat they represent (For British people I mean, didn't matter what Religion you were, you had the Holiday!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Aren't we a secular nation? What's the big deal?

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: sirlancelot

The article in the link below is a case in point. Next year the school calendar will no longer show Christian or Jewish holidays on the school calendar.

The politcal correctness that is infecting America disturbing to say the least. How long have our schools, munipalties, and government referenced religious holidays? Americans with islamic beliefs make up 1% of our total population yet we are submissively throwing away decades of tradition so we don't offend just a few!

Did you even bother to read this article? First CAIR isn't even mentioned in the article. Also the Muslims didn't sue to get Christian and Jewish holidays removed from the calender they wanted Muslim holidays on the calender. It was the school that chose to to remove the holidays rather than putting Jewish or Muslims holidays on it. From your link.

The change came as members of the Muslim community lobbied the school board to include on the calendar the Muslim holiday of Eid al-Adha, during which Muslims hold a feast to celebrate the prophet Abraham and mark the end of the Hajj pilgrimage. It’s one of two major religious holidays celebrated each year by Muslims, the other being Eid al-Fitr, which typically falls in July or early August. In 2015, Eid al-Adha falls on the same day as Yom Kippur, so schools are already scheduled to be closed. Muslim advocates asked the school system to list Eid al-Adha on the school calendar as well as Yom Kippur as a reason for the day off. Superintendent Joshua Starr recommended that rather than list both the Jewish and Muslim holiday on the calendar, the school system instead should remove the Jewish holidays from the calendar, since they are closed for operational reasons due to considerable student and teacher absences.

These people just want their religion to be recognized like Christianity and Judaism there is nothing wrong with that.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

Freedom of religion doesn't mean freedom from religion.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

How does this impact freedom of religion? Christmas and Yom Kippur were not banned.
edit on 11-11-2014 by tavi45 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:00 PM
link   

For a secular nation (something something separation of church and state something something) *.... its not really a shock

* Yeah I know the USA is not secular in any way shape or form its called sarcasm

Ok seriously. I'm a no Christian/ Non Abrahamic westerner (and no not an atheist either) its no skin of my nose
When I lived in the USA other things shocked me more.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

America is the land of having your cake and eating it too (thanks south park).

We're secular when it benefits us to say so and Judeo Christian when it benefits us to say so.

I'd rather rage about the 1% in power screwing us all rather than the 1% of Muslims barely doing anything besides trying to have equal rights. That's just me though.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: tavi45

See I'd rather do something than bitch about it. My holy days are not legislated for in any nation so I'm pretty much not worried if they make all religions days "optional"

I grow tired of people worrying about the mythical "1%" groups out there. They are nice faceless enemies for the majority to worry about. I also grow tired of people labelling a religion based off it's extremists. Christianity is not Westbro Baptists, Islam is not Jihadists, Paganism is certainly not the racists Volkish heathens out there

Oh and I am still working off that cake I ate while living there ...damn it!

edit on 11-11-2014 by Noinden because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   

I have no problem with someone having their beliefs! That being said especially related to Islam they have belief that all other religions should go away or bow down to them. They should live in America, practice their religion, and let America keep it's heritage! Just my opinion.

Islam have no such belief.. Islam speaks about some Christians in high regard and goes as far as saying they are the closest brothers to the Muslims.. Yes they have an issue with some Jews also but there is nothing saying that those religions should be eradicated.. I agree there are some groups who hold to that belief but mainly in the extremist circles you will find it and they barely have any legitimacy when they are also contradicting what is taught in the Qu'ran..

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Whats eroding American heritage is spiritual immaturity. People have no idea how powerful they are, how powerful we all are if we all pool our resources, our consciousness, our intention in cooperation to achieve peace, equity and love for our mother planet and each other. We are no longer just Americans. The internet has made our neighborhood the entire planet. It is my intention that one day our Galaxy will be our new neighborhood and someday, the entire Cosmos.
edit on 11-11-2014 by HUMBLEONE because:
edit on 11-11-2014 by HUMBLEONE because: To edit an edit
extra DIV

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: EaglesFan

Says the guy who hates America and can't wait for the religious army.......

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: tavi45

Not really. Most people in this nation profess some kind of faith. Our government may say it is secular, but most of the people it purports to represent are not. So it is incorrect to force people to scrub all references to faith from everything just to avoid offending someone else.

If we did that, nothing would be left. No one could have skin, hair or eye color. No one could be a gender. No one could have a sexual orientation. No one could wear clothing that was different from anyone else with any distinguishing features. No one could be taller or shorter or fatter or thinner.

We would be the society of featureless, genderless, gray figures who all look, sound, act and think exactly alike.

We would be the people on Camazotz ruled by IT, the Happiest Sadist.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

Did you even bother to read this article? First CAIR isn't even mentioned in the article. Also the Muslims didn't sue to get Christian and Jewish holidays removed from the calender they wanted Muslim holidays on the calender. It was the school that chose to to remove the holidays rather than putting Jewish or Muslims holidays on it. From your link.

The change came as members of the Muslim community lobbied the school board to include on the calendar the Muslim holiday of Eid al-Adha, during which Muslims hold a feast to celebrate the prophet Abraham and mark the end of the Hajj pilgrimage. It’s one of two major religious holidays celebrated each year by Muslims, the other being Eid al-Fitr, which typically falls in July or early August. In 2015, Eid al-Adha falls on the same day as Yom Kippur, so schools are already scheduled to be closed. Muslim advocates asked the school system to list Eid al-Adha on the school calendar as well as Yom Kippur as a reason for the day off. Superintendent Joshua Starr recommended that rather than list both the Jewish and Muslim holiday on the calendar, the school system instead should remove the Jewish holidays from the calendar, since they are closed for operational reasons due to considerable student and teacher absences.

These people just want their religion to be recognized like Christianity and Judaism there is nothing wrong with that.

No but CAIR's twitter feed was where I found the article. SO basically they thumbing their nose for the victory!

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

And my issue comes down to Americans treating extremist Muslims as representative of the entire religion but does not do the same with Christians. The average Christian in America says the Wesboro Baptists dont count as Christian. It's a pretty big double standard.

posted on Nov, 11 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

That's quite a jump from not labeling holidays religiously at one school to a completely monotone society.

So you are saying we are not a secular nation?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join