It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Hatred Of Islam Is Embarrasing & Pathetic!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   
This always amazes me.

Bush, claiming to be following God, invaded Iraq without any real reason. Bush claimed to be born again. That war killed 200,000 civilians. he also tortured people. Most of the religious right was ALL for Bush's actions. Most still are today. That makes them terrorists in my book.

And what about 500 years of European colonialism and oppression, under the banner of the church?

originally posted by: NiZZiM
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Well where do the extremists come from at cite the quran as the reason behind their jihad? I don't see any radical Christians cutting heads off and shooting RPGs at ppl for Jesus? Maybe 1000years ago in the crusades they did bad stuff but slowly every other religion has evolved. These guys touting their religion behind the attacks obviously believe that somewhere in the text they will go to 70virgins if they blow up every other non believer. You come at everyone on here with false pretense. OBVIOUSLY these guys are hard core Islamists that got the idea from SOMEWHERE. they say it was from their prophet and ya know what, if they do what they do and believe that then I for one believe them.

I also agree that not every Muslim is bad, but they have found justification for the acts they've commited. Maybe all the good ones just know it's morally wrong to murder innocents that don't follow your beliefs? Just how the bible says do bad things to homosexuals, but do you see an army overthrowing nations to kill all the ppl that don't believe in the bible? No.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: pryed -eyed-one
the problem is islam itself and the worldview it portrays. Not the majority of muslems. obviously the majority of these people have an inherent sense of what is right or not right to do to fellow man. It is quite a small number who would today go out and off themselves to kill some westerners. But to be fair a large majority of these people live in a way to me personally is disgusting and should be gotten rid of. Not the people, the ideals and worldview of their beliefs need to be put on the shelves with Zeus and Thor. Plain and simple.

Judeo-Christian ideas aren't any better brah.

They too should be on the shelf with Zeus. In fact, the whole theology of Christianity is ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 03:32 PM
link   
People like you keep trying to attach blame of any Muslim violence to Islam itself.

When Christian soldiers and leaders for hundreds of years of colonized, invaded, and even committed genocide in countless countries, then you guys say "Why they weren't real Christians or it had nothing to do with Christianity, they just happen to be Christian."

originally posted by: ParanoidAmerican
Like the Bible there are many disturbing sections with in the Quran as well.....

Quran (3:56) - "As to those who reject faith, I will punish them with terrible agony in this world and in the Hereafter, nor will they have anyone to help."

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Killing Infadels

Anyone arrogant enough to reject the verdict of the judge or of the priest who represents the LORD your God must be put to death. Such evil must be purged from Israel. (Deuteronomy 17:12 NLT)

Whoever strikes his father or mother shall be put to death. (Exodus 21:15 NAB)

Killing in the Bible

To me it is how the reader perceives this message or receives it(from the mouth of others) in many cases. One can hardly deny that Christianity has some Extremist sects as well......It does however seem that the Islamic extremists resort to violence more regularly than counterparts of other extremist sects of religions. I think one would be hard pressed to define a religious person by their book, one must only look at Christians right here in America to see the wide wide chasms with in their beliefs yet they read the same book.....

(post by Plotus removed for a manners violation)

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Too bad your peaceful religion is killing hundreds by the day. Why o why are you being picked on and singled out?? Because your religion is correlated with violence and murder, not peace.

posted on Oct, 23 2014 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Maybe you should look at your religion from the perspective of someone else or look from the outside in. For most non Muslims it doesn't look like that great of a religion.
Most if not all religions have a persecution complex and yours just shouts louder when criticized, Jews shout loud too. You said you were a Sunni well the Taliban are Sunni, so what am I suppose to think about Sunni Muslims are they fundamentalist? Are you a fundamentalist? I have no idea what you are so I will error on the side of caution.

Are their different sects in Sunni? Sunni is the largest denomination of Islam, so if the Taliban are Sunni then pretty much the rest of Sunni have the same ideas as the Taliban.

Maybe you should clear up the confusion for me about Sunni/ Taliban because I am putting two and two together here.

I grew up in a religiously divided country and you are taught to hate the other religion because we are right and they are wrong. Sure not all people hate other another person for their religion but you are forced to do so in certain situation or areas.

Sunni and Shiite fight each other and it is probably the same thing. Bible, Quran create divisions so we can debate this topic until the cows come home or you can rant all you like it won't change a thing until you change and stop being so offended.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:47 AM
link   
WELL MAYBE IF THE MODERATE MAJORITY MUSLIMS WOULD ACTIVELY REIN IN THE FANATICS MAYBE PEOPLE WOULDNT SEE ONLY THE HATRED THE FANATICS INSPIRE

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

That's like asking moderate Christians to battle fanatical Christian cults. If you're a moderate follower of any religion, you don't have anything to prove. That being said, Islam, Christianity, Judaism, hell, all religions, are braintrash. We don't need god; while god is our construct, god doesn't need to be our crutch.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Nobody knows more about the Islamic texts or what's going on in the muslim world more than Robert Spencer.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 06:18 AM
link   
This topic by itself can be attributed to any religion.
people make the 'best' use of any religion or religious text to aid them in their own pursuits.
Along the same lines, since we know that most things in any religious books are hear-say, why can we not assume that the person who penned all this down did not have his own preferences?
in slightly modifying something?
add to that the thousands of years of filtration... what you have is a chinese whisper, where the real message is definitely lost.
To believe that those texts today shows you a way to live life as per God's word is simply wrong.. you are mostly following the interpretations of a human, who is error prone AND has his own personal agenda, however small it maybe.

i have had the fortune of living in a country which is secular, open to all religions.
we embrace people of all casts, sects..as people.
have had friends of all religions, some very close.

BUT at any time, the 'love' for their religion is evident.
nothing wrong with that.. but it interferes with a peaceful & cooperative society between people of different preferences.

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

People like you keep trying to attach blame of any Muslim violence to Islam itself.

It could be because when you watch a video of multiple beheadings in a Middle Eastern country which has the people performing the acts and those watching and taking videos shouting Alluhah Ahkbar! repeatedly.
Maybe that is the reason that people tie it to Islam.

Not trying to pick a fight, just letting a fact slip out....

I know, I keep hearing that these bad guys are not Islamic.... but they pray to Allah and profess to be Islamic. Doesn't that count for something?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: dr1234

By certain Muslims or all Muslims in general?

This is the sort of generalisation I was talking about, it's embarrassing & pathetic!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: StopThaZionistWorldOrder

Robert Spencer is a Catholic Islamophobe and he knows next to nothing about Islamic scripture!

He is one of the know-it-alls I was ranting about in the OP!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: celticdog

If Sunnis felt the same as the Taliban it would be a much larger group don't you think.

From one Celt to another you should know more than most about the division and who caused it...
It's not the regular believers...
It's people at the top who have divided to conquer all who claim to be under the same banner, whether Christian or Muslim, or Jew for that matter!

I'm no longer offended pal, like I said in the OP I can laugh it off now in the knowledge that I know it's a waste of time trying to educate the philosophically ignorant people who claim to know more than they do!

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: proteus33

Like all the Muslims who are fighting IS right now?
Or the Iraqi Army who fought alongside the Allied troops to oust Saddam Hussein?

It's clearly not enough for some people who always claim that the Minority is louder...
Maybe there is a reason for that in the media don't you think?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Not necessarily pal...
Like I said before these people have kidnapped, raped & murdered innocent people...

That's not where Allah will be merciful whether they pray 5 times a day or not...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I always have to laugh when people attempt to trick their supposed, omnipotent, omnipresent god using deception, semantics and wordplay.

Hate is hate...I used to hate religion, but for the most part it's not the religion that's the problem in the end it's the zealot-like fever it tends to breed in the people who choose to follow it.

I don't care if you're christian, jew, muslim, siekh, buddhist, taoist...scien-bloody-tologist. If your actions are not in tow with the values you claim to preach and hold so dear you're only fooling yourself...and that's mostly what I see. I see people preaching tolerance and being utterly intolerant, I see people preach against hate in a hateful way.

People can't think much of their god if they think they're smarter than he/she is, really...can they?

Religion ain't the problem, people are...if there was no religion certain types of people would find something else...it's our weak-minded and pig-headed interpretations of the teachings that leads us to this petty bickering and ultimately war.

Religions, to me...seem to want to de-value the true nature of humanity by attempting to rob us of our inherent liberties...like hate. Hate is a valid emotion, you might hate for the wrong reasons but why are people so ashamed of it?

I'm sorry, but I refuse to believe a human is completely and utterly devoid of hatred for one thing or another in a lifetime, to me that's a deficiency, If you really have a strong, meaningful and profound relationship with your creator then why are you so ashamed of some of the natural attributes common to all man.

Wouldn't hate itself be a barometer by which to measure the opposing emotion, love?
edit on 24-10-2014 by samerulesapply because: Corrections

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I understand that point.

But here is what I am saying, your point then applies to George Bush and all of the religious right during the Iraq and Afghanistan Wars as well as torture..

Are you ready to apply that argument to Christianity?

I am. I see an utter failure on the part of most fundamentalists of both religions to actually embody some kind of "fruits of the spirit" or enlightened morals.

originally posted by: butcherguy
a reply to: Quetzalcoatl14

It could be because when you watch a video of multiple beheadings in a Middle Eastern country which has the people performing the acts and those watching and taking videos shouting Alluhah Ahkbar! repeatedly.
Maybe that is the reason that people tie it to Islam.

Not trying to pick a fight, just letting a fact slip out....

I know, I keep hearing that these bad guys are not Islamic.... but they pray to Allah and profess to be Islamic. Doesn't that count for something?

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I don't think Jesus slept around and was said to have personally beheaded a few hundred people...I never heard about that one...still, who really knows who did what.

I ain't no Christ lover, not at all - organised religion is for lost people, the only way is your way. The only god is what you personally think, feel and perceive to be your god. Your spiritual relationship with it, be it a god or the cosmos itself should be personal and unique to you.

Only you know how you show your true gratitude, love, hate - all of it, you express that to yourself and yourself only, you can deny it exists, ignore it, but it's still there.

What I find funny is...there's talk of how Bush Snr went to war in the name of god - I remember those speeches, his son went on to follow in his fathers footsteps - I don't agree with it, that anyone should be playing god like that...what disrespect for their alleged god, to claim to speak and act on his behalf...to me this doesn't show faith it shows contempt and complete arrogance in the face of the being they refer to as god.

Here's the punchline - the Bush animals are acting in cahoots with the sweet natured hippie guy who went around curing blind folks, can you imagine they'd opted for the chap who had a penchant for lopping off heads and shagging around?

And you 'mericans think westboro are bad...

posted on Oct, 24 2014 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Well then I guess The NONSTOP HATRED of Chiristians, and them evil JEWS.

Is EQUALLY 'pathetic'.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join