It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Innane CDC Ebola Virus Protocol: US Healthcare Workers Are Not Being Properly Protected!

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Gallon gloves, face mask, and face shield. That's it. This is the "protective gear" protocol that the CDC states is an adequate and effective means of protecting healthcare workers from contracting the Ebola virus. They wear little more than I do when cleaning up horse poop in the pasture on a windy, dusty day. That's right. No hazmat suit. Unless, of course, you work for the CDC.

Seems to me that the poor nurse who contracted the Ebola virus from Dallas' "Patient Zero" was more than likely following the CDC protocols just fine, and did not "breach" them, as indicated by Dr Frieden of the CDC in his recent interviews. The real issue is that the CDC protocols are grossly inadequate and deficient, and many in the US may die of this virus as a result.

Where are our ace investigative journalists in this country? They should be all over this story like white on rice! See CranialSponge' s excellent response to another one of my posts on this same topic here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 12-10-2014 by bludragin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: bludragin

Seems to me that the poor nurse who contracted the Ebola virus from Dallas' "Patient Zero" was more than likely following the CDC protocols just fine, and did not "breach" them, as indicated by Dr Frieden of the CDC in his recent interviews. The real issue is that the CDC protocols are grossly inadequate and deficient, and many in the US may die of this virus as a result.

Or that there's more to it on how it is spread, then shared, to suppressed or even known. The easier assumption would be that when taking the gloves off and other equipment, while following this "protocol", she probably inhaled the virus.

edit on 12-10-2014 by dreamingawake because: ""

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: bludragin
Gallon gloves, face mask, and face shield. That's it. This is the "protective gear" protocol that the CDC states is an adequate and effective means of protecting healthcare workers from contracting the Ebola virus. That's right. No hazmat suit. Unless, of course, you work for the CDC.

Where are our ace investigative journalists in this country? They should be all over this story like white on rice! See CranialSponge' s excellent response to another one of my posts on this same topic here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've raised horses my entire life and i never even wore gloves. If i were sent in to clean up some ebola like mess you bet i would be more careful than that lady was. Even though, it is not supposed to be very contagious. It still baffles me how far and quickly it seems to be spreading.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Woodcarver

Well, I admit... I wear gloves and a mask only on super windy days to muck up horse poop cuz of the dust. I had just assumed the CDC had all these health care workers decked out in hazmat suits. It IS Ebola, after all. Silly me!

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

Yes, on my other post, we are discussing this exact thing. How might it be spreading, and is this Ebola strain being vastly underestimated in regard to its "behavior".

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:20 PM
link   
a reply to: bludragin

The director of the CDC should be getting his resume ready. When the truth finally comes out and all the dots are connected this man will not be employed by the CDC anymore.

The travel ban lie and now the protective gear lie should raise the collective eyebrows of this country and it's people.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:21 PM
link   
CDC insists is a breach in protocol. But they do not know how this person became infected.

Recognizing the Biosafety Levels by the C.D.C. - www.cdc.gov...

EBOLA - LEVEL 4 BIOHAZARD

Based upon the CDC's own Biosafety warning you should be wearing a suit with its own air supply that totally isolates you from the environment. Now I know that there are not enough Level 4 Hazmat Suits for everyone in a hospital so you have to use the next best thing Level 3 Biosafety Gear.

Ebola is like a forest fire, if you can contain it quickly enough you can stop its spread. The time to stop Ebola for becoming a pandemic was back when it first popped up in Africa and containment measures were in place but do to ignorance and stupidity CONTAINMENT was BREACHED ! ! !

There is no cure for Ebola, the only solution is containment, and we the people must DEMAND that our government stop all flights to infected areas (this is common sense FFS), and we seriously need secure our borders. Just look at the rise of all the disease that are popping up across the country, these are from illegal immigrants who OUR government has spread across the nation like a plague (Figuratively and Literally).

The United States was so unprepared for this is down right scary. The government has been handling this whole situation like an old Marx Brothers film. Can we contain this YES, but it require that the government tells us the truth about how serious the situation is and keeps us well informed. Do this and the people will believe and trust the government know what it is doing. But that is not the way this is being handled. Lie after lie, and political correctness above all else, This will get many people KILLED.

So if we are to survive this we cannot suffer fools running things any longer.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   

a reply to: Woodcarver

Well, I admit... I wear gloves and a mask only on super windy days to muck up horse poop cuz of the dust. I had just assumed the CDC had all these health care workers decked out in hazmat suits. It IS Ebola, after all. Silly me!

OMG she wasn't wearing a hazmat suit!!!!

Not even a paper(Tyvec) one like the health care workers in Africa???

The hospital didn't supply her or the CDC with a hazmat suit!

How completely incompetent and irresponsible of the CDC.

If this is the CDC protocol then it should be called "how to catch Ebola"
while pretending to be safe.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:30 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

I went to look at something else but my blood was boiling!!!

I can't believe the CDC protocol does not include a hazmat suit and a spray down with bleach after caring for an Ebola patient.

I never before thought maybe someone wants to reduce the world population quickly like all the environmentalists have been wanting to do.

But to allow the spread through incompetent CDC protocol makes me wonder if someone or groups of someone want to cull the human herd.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: JBRiddle

Touche! I couldn't have said it better myself. Funny that you mention the Marx Brothers. A few days ago I wondered aloud here if the CDC is secretly being run by The Three Stooges. Oh, wait, they're dead, right? As dead as Frieden' s career will be in light of this second US Ebola case.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:36 PM
link   

I was equally appalled when CranialSponge pointed this out on my other thread. It is truly and horrifically astounding, and people need to know, and, make a real ruckus. Fast.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Do you know of all the protocol lapses related to Patient Zero's contaminated apartment? It will curdle your blood.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Here's an interesting tidbit from the National Nurses Association: As of today, per a report I just heard on NPR, no less than 77% of nurses have had NO training whatsoever on Ebola care protocols. When will the CDC / Frieden step up and take responsibility for this?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   

One more link for you, grandma: CranialSponge's own post on this matter: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I sometimes wonder how healthcare workers continue to accept caring for Ebola patients. You can call it courage - I'll say it is stupidity. Nurses will strike on more banal matters, but this unacceptable risk posed by Ebola goes under the unions' radar.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Found in the main thread about the TX Nurse -www.abovetopsecret.com...

Unlike in Spain, Dallas Ebola patient's dog will be saved

Brad Smith, of CG Environmental, will lead the effort to decontaminate the patient's East Dallas apartment. He said he has been alerted that the patient's dog is still inside and will work with members of the local SPCA branch and Dallas animal control officials to remove it from the apartment.

"We'll assist with that," Smith said. "We have the (personal protection equipment) that needs to be worn."

Source

Personal protection equipment, that the infected nurse had?! Surely as the OP mentioned about a thread reply illustrating the difference between the hospitals protective gear vs the CDCs, that it will be the CDC gear?

I don't want to see the dog meet the fate similar to the dog in Spain more than the next animal lover and as someone in the Veterinary field. Though, this is of concern. If there's issues with handling infection spreading in people and if the dog is carrier now, fomite... vector, shedding the virus, etc., before fully suspected can this be handled properly? Not even to mention entering the apartment.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: alexball

I agree with you, in a sense, but these health care workers are trusting what they are told by the CDC, ultimately. So I still see it as somewhat courageous that they are caring for patients with Ebola. However, they are assuming risks that they are not full aware of. Obviously, the CDC also is not yet fully aware of all the risks related to caring for an Ebola patient. I think we will see a day, not too far from now, when the unions will have no choice but to get involved to protect their constituents. For me, that day came and went a long time ago - The unions should already be involved. And I imagine airline and hotel unions representing vulnerable members will not be far behind.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

My hope is that the dog can be tested, and if free of the virus, saved. This is heartbreaking on so many levels. My mother was a Registered Nurse and so I feel especially sad for this woman, who, after all, was just doing her job and trying to make a difference in other people's lives, as well as earn a living.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   
How many more people will be put at risk because we will continue to bring ebola patients into the US? Will this latest infection finally open their eyes to the point that they will STOP
bringing in more infected people?
That CDC guy is crazier than a box of crackers. He is possibly the best example we've seen of DoubleSpeak. A bright five year-old could find the flaws in his statements about not being able to "contain" it.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Gallon gloves, face mask, and face shield. That's it. This is the "protective gear" protocol that the CDC states is an adequate and effective means of protecting healthcare workers from contracting the Ebola virus.

I highly doubt this. A gown is almost certainly part of the protocol. Mask/Shield, Gown, Gloves. That's standard for basically any contact precautions patient where I work.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join