It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wake Up, CDC: What If There Was NO Breach In Protocol In 2nd US Ebola Case? Try Investigating That!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
Has anyone considered lightly misting the suits with bleach before removal ?
It was just a thought that occurred to me and would be another precaution.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:18 PM
link   
actually there was to be a HAZMAT TECH Team with a DECON Chamber ready to clean ANYONE who came out of the room. but they figured its to much. Thats how you handle HAZMAT. a reply to: snowspirit

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: UDrinktheKoolAid
actually there was to be a HAZMAT TECH Team with a DECON Chamber ready to clean ANYONE who came out of the room. but they figured its to much. Thats how you handle HAZMAT. a reply to: snowspirit

Hospitals are used to paying a worker with a year of community college education $10.00 for cleaning up vomit and blood.

Perhaps they need to rethink their qualifications.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
yeah no doubt. lol dont you find it funny how you can be a LPN go clean vomit and crap from a sick patient and not know you may have just touch a death angel.
a reply to: Daughter2

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: bluemooone2
I believe that part of the protocol is decon of the outside of the suit/gloves. Then showering. But I'm going on memory and what I've read since July, so don't quote me.

ETA: What it boils down to is that they tell us hospitals are prepared for this and they're not. They lie.

edit on 10/12/2014 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: bludragin

Is it possible that current protocols employed and implemented by the CDC for managing Ebola in the US are not adequate in regard to this particular viral strain?

Nothing but a pair of latex gloves, a disposable face mask, and a face shield....

... To handle one of the most dangerously infectious virii known to mankind... on an up close and personal level, wiping the sweat from their brow and changing their bed pan.

Yeah, I'd say the protocol is lacking.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill

Now, Dr. Freaky Frieden's words about "stopping flights won't help, blah blah" have come to pass.

Lol, Dr. Freaky Frieden…

I would hate to be in his shoes too. He never knew he would have to become a spokesperson for greedy all powerful corporations when he took the job.

Stay tuned for that fallout if we keep getting new cases. They will leave like rats leaving a sinking ship. Not to worry yet. They are learning, The people "in charge" make stupid statements, the boots on the ground make the moves.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
In 1984 I took human anatomy in HS and considered being a microbiologist because I was really good at it. Instead I studied something else at college, because I didn't want to sit down all day inside a lab. After raising two kids for nearly twenty years, I will say these viruses are absolutely uncontrollable. It is arrogant and naïve to think anyone can control mother nature. I could never stop my kids from getting sick and getting infections. No matter how much I did with vitamins, washing and disinfecting the kids hands, clothes, the house, and car. Not playing with other's sick kids and avoiding the play room at the mall seemed to help. We did take baths before bed at night and the kids had to wash hands when they came home from school, shoes were kept in the garage.

One African man gets sick and died in Texas last weekend and takes down how many people with him do you think? Is one person's life worth the eleven or more that may die? Boil Ebola it or burn it all off I say. That's the answer to Ebola. The sick people are on fire. Fire needs to be put out. Or let it burn itself out. Mother nature rules. Either run or get out of the way. These are our real options. We are at war with a virus. It is as deadly as any solider or alien from space. It is a war. We are all at risk and on the front lines for our health and safety. These are scary times indeed.

We haven't reached rock bottom in understanding this is a contagious spreading deadly plague. So many people are in denial. People we trust don't seem to be doing their jobs. The answers to stopping it may not be humane and Christian.

The answers may be the most frugal and practical. Burning off the buildings, the dead, the hazard materials, the personal effects... Keep it simple, and keep few people from being exposed. Money, airplanes, trains, boats, cars are perfect vectors for spreading this disease. The answer is to stop all travel to the continent of Africa. No one goes in or out. No exporting. Too bad, we must be very strict. It is what it is. This is the biggest mess I have ever seen in my lifetime.

Does anyone want to eat chocolate from Africa? 1/3 the populations chocolate comes from there. Well forget it this year.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

The suits need to be coated with something like this. Even if it was just the boots and gloves.
phys.org...

One classification of liquid that this coating repels is the so-called non-Newtonian category, which includes shampoos, custards, blood, paints, clays and printer inks, for example. These are liquids that change their viscosity depending on the forces applied to them. They differ from the Newtonians, such as water and most other liquids, whose viscosity stays the same no matter the force applied. Viscosity is a measure of a liquid's resistance to flow on the application of force, and it's sometimes thought of as its thickness.

edit on 12-10-2014 by bluemooone2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   

The health care workers aren't wearing suits.

As the guy in the conference earlier today stated (can't remember his name):

A pair of gloves
A face mask
A face shield

THAT is the CDC protocol for HCW's.

THAT is all they are wearing.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I am amazed and appalled by much of what I am learning here today from this thread's contributors. Are you kidding me? That was all they were wearing? The same kind of stuff I wear when it is dusty and windy out and I am picking up all the horse manure in my pasture? I had assumed that they were all wearing hazmat suits and such. With CDC personnel close at hand to supervise. Why is this not a front page story? Where are the hard core investigative journalists who have the courage (and the support from their media employer) to blow this whale of a story wide open? The only truly intelligent conversations about this Ebola outbreak seem to be mostly happening here. What gives?

The health care workers aren't wearing suits.

As the guy in the conference earlier today stated (can't remember his name):

A pair of gloves
A face mask
A face shield

THAT is the CDC protocol for HCW's.

THAT is all they are wearing.

edit on 12-10-2014 by bludragin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: drwill

The CDC had been consistently overconfident and consistently wrong in regard to the most important aspects of this virus. Like, when Frieden said, for months, Ebola would NOT make it to the US. Clearly, someone is asleep at the wheel here. A complete investigation and possible overhaul of the organization needs to occur. Now. Before we all crash.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

I'll quote myself from another thread here:

originally posted by: CranialSponge
This:

Plus this:

Plus this:

Is apparently plenty enough to fully and safely protect our health care workers from a level 4 virus.

Meanwhile.... CDC workers are wearing this:

Nuff said.

That is literally what they are calling "full protective gear".

As stated by the guy in this press conference @ 11:33 in the video:

"... gallon gloves, face mask, and face shield."

I too could not believe what I was hearing, and I think a lot of people have missed that major key point in the video about what this "CDC protocol protective gear" thing actually is.... everybody is assuming it means some sort of hazmat suit, when in fact, it isn't.

If I were a health care worker, I'd toss in my scrubs, collect my paycheque, and not come back.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   

At what point does the mainstream media start to question if this disease is somehow different from the others. So many health care workers catching this disease.........Something is not right with this picture and no amount of tuning is making it clear.

Personally I think it might be a different strain or somehow mutated. This is the real deal this time around and I believe will continue too spread. We will see random hotspots in the US and when this reaches Mexico a flood of people will come across the border. When this happens we will see a rise in nationalism in the US the likes of which we have never seen in our lifetimes.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Oh dear. Those poor healthcare workers in Dallas really WERE wearing what I wear to clean poop from my horse pasture on a windy day. Unbelievable. Why aren't journalists highlighting this little piece of information? Yeeesh.
edit on 12-10-2014 by bludragin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:01 PM
link   
ITA. Tom Frieden was a lousy appointment.
In 2009, the NYT wrote:

“I think the administration selected Tom Frieden because he can take public health to a new place,” said Jeffrey Levi, executive director of Trust for America’s Health, a nonprofit public health advocacy organization. “He’s a transformational leader.”

Frieden, rhymes with Greed-en, has certainly accomplished all of the above, hasn't he? Public health has plunged into a new, frightening era. The world teeters on the edge of a pandemic like no other. His poor judgment has been transformational.

www.nytimes.com...

I want the CDC to SHOW me that Ebola isn't "that contagious." Put an Ebola patient on a bus, and let Frieden be the seat-mate. Or, preferably, let the director put on ppe that is identical to the ppe the stricken nurse wore. Then let's set the clock. 21 days.

edit on 12-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-10-2014 by drwill because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: SubTruth

I agree with you. Nationalism does not lend itself to the realities of our wide-open borders, of course, nor to global economic concerns and interests. Easier said than done. What I do know is that the Republican party will have a field day with this. Just watch.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:18 PM
link   
My headached just got 1000% worse. I saw your other post too.

Thanks for the info.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

CranialSponge, I just HAD to make a dedicated post on this. I credit you on the post specifically, and am referring readers to this page and your post here via url. New post here: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Hi bludragin . Have seen your posts on another ebola thread and at the risk of repeating myself i will just say .Another health professional contracts ebola. Now i guess its unknown as to what her professional status was ie registered nurse or other . Fact remains that she was wearing protective clothing however ineffective that may prove to be in the future . But i will throw this out there for comment . How can we be positive that she wasn't already infected with ebola before she even worked with the patient . Perhaps she touched something that someone else had touched way before coming into contact . Ebola has varying timelines for symptoms , its not like you can backdate it accurately . I dont believe it is airborne as if it were we would be barricading our doors by now ,but it does seem to be a lot more active/virulent outside the body than we are being told .
As a footnote . I read today Australia will not send any health workers to west Africa as they cannot guarantee their safety . One good thing about being an island we can close our borders ,as long as we do it in time if things go pear-shaped . OH and no one thinks we have a cure . just saying

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join