It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Innane CDC Ebola Virus Protocol: US Healthcare Workers Are Not Being Properly Protected!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: bludragin

Well taking into consideration that during the treatment and quarantine of the 2 first infected Americans in Atlanta and then a 3 one, no personnel or health care worker that were around them became infected, so definitely something went very wrong with the nurse in Dallas.

Perhaps malfunction or defective safety suit?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Update:

I was right. OP is wrong.

“This individual was following full CDC precautions,” he said, noting that the gear would have included a mask, gown, and gloves."

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You're kidding me, right? A "gown" in no way qualifies as a hazmat suit, nor does it provide any kind of substantial protection. However, the inclusion of gown is duly noted. Too late to edit my post. Thank you for the correction. BTW: CDC employees wear full hazmat gear when working around Ebola infested environs. Sounds like you work at a hospital. What kind of training are you all getting there regarding Ebola? 77 percent of nurses recently surveyed by the NNA report they have had NO training whatsoever.
edit on 12-10-2014 by bludragin because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: bludragin

You're kidding me, right? A "gown" in no way qualifies as a hazmat suit, nor does it provide any kind of substantial protection. However, the inclusion of gown is duly noted. Too late to edit my post.

It's not airborne. A gown absolutely will protect you, and is the standard for contact precautions. If she became infected she did not follow protocol. Period.

Now, with that said, Ebola is very serious, and while standard precautions will work, it's too risky that someone will make a mistake that could cost them their life, so I am in favor of stricter protocols. As I said, the nurse screwed up and that is why she was infected, but so did the CDC in my opinion.

I work in a psychiatric hospital and have received no training. We are trained on how to care for patients in contact precautions though, and I am sure those 77% you mention also are.
edit on 12-10-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
a reply to: bludragin

Well taking into consideration that during the treatment and quarantine of the 2 first infected Americans in Atlanta and then a 3 one, no personnel or health care worker that were around them became infected, so definitely something went very wrong with the nurse in Dallas.

Perhaps malfunction or defective safety suit?

No, almost certainly the worker messed up. Most likely happened when taking the gear off.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Very, Very Unfortunate for this nurse, I'm sorry for her and her family.
The problem being is the next announcement out of Obama will be something like this and people will believe him.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: guohua
The problem being is the next announcement out of Obama will be something like this and people will believe him.

Ebola is the JV team of viruses.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

It's not airborne. A gown absolutely will protect you, and is the standard for contact precautions. If she became infected she did not follow protocol. Period.

A gown leaves your neck, bottom pants legs, shoes, and hair exposed. It isn't airborne but tiny drops can infect someone. If she was changing his bed pan and just a tiny particle splashed on her leg or shoe, she could have become infected that way. I had to take care of a sick relative and waste does fly out when a person is sick.

That's my theory now. She was a low level worker who probably was responsible for clean up of stuff like vomit and bed pans.

Given this disease it's a very dangerous job entrusted to low level workers. Doctors sometimes don't even touch the patient - it's the LPNs who have all the patient contact. They doctors and RNs may have had more training but less risk.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: guohua

Ebola is the JV team of viruses.

This? Nah, it's not a bio-hazard suit, this the latest thing in exercise suits---Michelle and the kids have them too!

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 11:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Daughter2

It would still need an entry point, broken skin, eyes, nose, mouth. When the worker does things right, it works.

As I said earlier, it's easy to screw up, and Ebola is not C. Diff, it should be given better precautions because human error does exist.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Do you draw political cartoons for a living? You've got 10 million anti Obama cartoons.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I agree, I find interesting that Since the ebola outbreak is only been two cases in the US that actually were expected because one infected man from oversea, so far no other cases outside Dallas, I expect more to come down infected this week from contact with him.

If the cases are control in the Area of Dallas without been spread outside the border, that will be an accomplishment and the CDC will be vindicated.

People are panicking and going on a hysterical mode to early and too soon.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
From USA TODAY Officials warn of 'irrational' Ebola efforts Health officials were closely watching the condition Monday of a Dallas nurse who tested positive for the deadly Ebola virus while the World Health Organization warned against "irrational and disorganized efforts" to avoid infection. The woman was among caregivers for Thomas Eric Duncan, who died Wednesday at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirmed Sunday that she had the virus, making hers the first known case transmitted in the USA. U.S. health officials have called for calm, saying the woman's infection was the result of a "breach of protocol." Dallas Mayor Mike Rawlings reassured residents that the virus was being contained. usat.ly...

I don't know about you all, but I get nervous when officials warn the masses too "stay calm". Especially the officials are wearing white lab coats. Just sayin'.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This is a must see documentary on Ebola, from a credible journalistic source. Please note what these workers are wearing...A lot more than gloves, masks, and a flimsy gown:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Oh, the gown is supposed to be fluid resistant. I feel so much better now (not. Why do CDC workers wear hazmat suits when working near suspected contaminated areas, while recommending our healthcare workers wear gowns?):

From USA TODAY Ebola virus: 5 major protocols for health workers The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends a protocol for hospitals to follow when they deal with a known or suspected case of Ebola. It details everything from what health workers should wear to how a body infected with Ebola should be handled. The CDC is blaming a "breach" in this protocol for the first transmission of the Ebola virus in the USA between a health worker and Thomas Eric Duncan, the man who died of Ebola last week. However, it's unclear how that breach happened. Some health experts say the USA lacks a single, national response to Ebola, particularly because public health is primarily a state issue. "Unfortunately, it is possible in the coming days that we will see additional cases of Ebola, " CDC Director Thomas Frieden said in a press conference Friday. usat.ly...

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

It would still need an entry point, broken skin, eyes, nose, mouth. When the worker does things right, it works.

As I said earlier, it's easy to screw up, and Ebola is not C. Diff, it should be given better precautions because human error does exist.

I heard it can pass through non-broken skin - unlike AIDS?

But if if it required an entry point, all it would take is touching your hair or shoe with the virus then touching your mouth, eyes or nose.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Local and federal tax payers have paid people and corporations for many years for training.

There is no way they can be unprepared. Who would take all that money and not do the work.

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I'm wondering if they are saying a gown, gloves and shields are safe because they know there isn't a large enough supply of other equipment?

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I imagine 50 gallon Hefty trash bags with cut-out holes for head and limbs will do just as nicely as a plastic gown. So, no worries!

posted on Oct, 13 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
And it just keeps coming. Dr Frieden and the CDC are being called out, and by the people who should know: Nurses.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join