It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Keep Posting Religion on a Conspiracy Site?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+44 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I am addressing the religious posters here.

Why keep posting/pushing on a conspiracy site? You MUST see the irony here. The only reason I can see is that you are attempting to accomplish what so many door knockers are trying to do...convert. Here's a hint...you can't.

We come here to learn truth, not your personal version of truth but rather overall truth. Your belief doesn't work for us if we are not of that mindset. In fact, the more you keep posting threads with text walls of bible verse the more you alienate. Yes the walls of text are a common sight. This is NOT a religious conversion platform. You have your sites to share, discuss etc. If you want to contribute why not do just that instead of preaching from the pulpit? We have no problem with different opinions (mostly).

If your goal is to seek converts ( which it is) this is not the way to go about it. In fact, you are gaining a lot of haters, impatience, mistrust, frustration. Those that are not of your belief do not seek out your corners of the net with intentions of invading your posts or creating threads of controversy so why are you doing it here? Why are so many of you creating threads with simple bible quotes and nothing else? Fishing is my belief. Hoping to grab one.

I have no idea why ATS allows this but you just keep posting not only in your threads but in ours which have nothing to do with your beliefs. Perhaps ATS realizes that religion is naught but a conspiracy in and of itself?

If you are truly believers in your doctrine you must know that the more you push, the more you create an opposite and equal reaction. We push back.

I for one do not begrudge your faith. In fact I truly wish I could have such comfort in the mind set. Most likely, many others are of the same stance. But your pushing, invading, arrogance will not accomplish anything but controversy and alienation on a conspiracy...fact finding, denial of ignorance platform.

I wish you the best and in my heart I am so glad you have found what we all seek...peace. But in the end, we will all seek what gives us our personal peace without being forced. I am only suggesting to not use ATS as a pulpit but rather a discussion platform for your religion, whatever it may be. I believe more might listen and be open to new pathways of thought.

Respectfully,

Jude11

edit on 11-10-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Shhh! Why did you tell them???

It was supposed to be a secret remember!?!

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: AnteBellum

Shhh! Why did you tell them???

It was supposed to be a secret remember!?!

aw crap!

My bad...

Peace

+16 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
TO be fair Jude me and you go back and forth and a lot of times I agree with you, but I have a few opinions of my own. I agree Im not a fan of the giant bible verses on every thread, not everything is religious...or even needs to be tagged with lines from the bible..and if its off topic it should be removed

However

. Your belief doesn't work for us

just as they dont speak for you, you dont speak for everyone else, perhaps something they say might spark an idea for someone else. The bible after all is a very old book full of what some would consider conspiracy

We come here to learn truth, not your version of truth but rather overall truth

Isnt some truth subjective at times?

Even amongst conspiracy theorists YOUR truth might not be someone elses truth.....

Sometimes finding the answers means having to have conversations outside your own realm of thinking....

Perhaps the truth lies somewhere in between..
edit on 10/11/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
link   
For the evangelical, fundamentalist, and literalists here, this is the reason why...
Mark 16

14 Later He appeared to the eleven as they sat at the table; and He rebuked their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they did not believe those who had seen Him after He had risen. 15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature. 16 He who believes and is baptized will be saved; but he who does not believe will be condemned. 17 And these signs will follow those who believe: In My name they will cast out demons; they will speak with new tongues; 18 they will take up serpents; and if they drink anything deadly, it will by no means hurt them; they will lay hands on the sick, and they will recover.”

It's called the great commission, and they are bound to obey it. For them, proselytizing is part and parcel of being a xtian.

edit on 10/11/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

edit on 10/11/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
link   

My best guess is that they want to share their truth with others, just like you want to share yours. I mean isn't that why we come here? To learn and discuss with others the knowledge that we've acquired? Now I'm not condoning posting walls of religious text but, I don't think ALL of them are here strictly on a covert convert mission. I think some really just want to help others find their way.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
TO be fair Jude me and you go back and forth and a lot of times I agree with you, but I have a few opinions of my own. I agree Im not a fan of the giant bible verses on every thread, not everything is religious...or even needs to be tagged with lines from the bible..and if its off topic it should be removed

However

. Your belief doesn't work for us

just as they dont speak for you, you dont think you speak for everyone

We come here to learn truth, not your version of truth but rather overall truth

Isnt some truth subjective at times?

Even amongst conspiracy theorists YOUR truth might not be someone elses truth.....

Sometimes finding the answers means having to have conversations outside your own realm of thinking....

Perhaps the truth lies somewhere in between....

Ok, got it.

I agree and mayhaps I came off a little walled.

Taken with a grain of salt my friend.

Peace

edit on 11-10-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
A few years back in 2008 with this site I sorta caused " The Rapture" to happen. I know what you mean by certain people with strong beliefs. I got death threats and it was a big headache. Some people are just a little blinded by their faith and can't see people coming from opposing views. Or lack of church teachings. I never read the Bible and personally hate when people quote scripture on this site. It's like they got it memorized. Lol

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I do see what judes saying with that sort of stuff

But being bound to spread the word doesnt mean necessarily vomitting bible verse onto everyone you see...

Many choose to do it through their actions alone....

Take my mother or father for example, most people wouldnt have known their affiliation, just that they were kind loving people who gave everything they had to anyone who needed it, and spent their time and trying to make others lives better

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I'm agnostic, so I don't believe in anything, but I find that the religious threads are no different than the threads by people that believe in UFO's, ghosts or fricken bigfoot. There is no proof, but they believe.

Perhaps there is a psychological relation between the mindsets of the religious bible believers, and the people that believe the stories of abductions and hauntings.

No proof....all belief and experience.

I find they are very similar and while I remain very skeptical of those sorts of stories, I respect them and am intrigued by them.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

I'm not a religious poster, but i will say that they continue posting religious threads because there are religious forums which cater to them. As such, religious threads should be both, allowed on ATS, and tolerated by its members.

As for religious-minded folk posting in other unrelated threads, i see it rarely, and if they are off-topic, are generally removed anyway.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:16 PM
link   

LoL no, it was just frustration i could feel it in your post , and its ok to get frustrated, hell I do more then most on here!
Im a really spiritual person myself and im very open to other religions......

But the constant quoting does get annoying, I totally understand where youre coming from
edit on 10/11/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I remember my first no-no on ATS. I wrote a thread asking why the religion forums didnt need links or references to the walls of text ( or scriptures as they are usually referred), as there are so many different versions AND owners of the books.

If they are to be used as the word of god, shouldnt god be proven real first? Or would it not be considered a thread for skunkworks or the grey area.

Just my 2 cents..... and now back to seclusion...

Peace, NRE.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   

The only reason I can see is that you are attempting to accomplish what so many door knockers are trying to do...convert. Here's a hint...you can't.

I'm totally guilty but not at all for the reason you state.

It's because everything is connected and I see it.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

While I agree that ATS isn't the best place to preach about any religion, I have to say that I don't have a problem with it, be it from any religion. No body is making me click their thread, read it and reply, I simply don't click on the thread if I don't want to see it.

link   
a reply to: NoRegretsEver

If they are to be used as the word of god, shouldnt god be proven real first?

THen shouldnt all the conspiracy theories be in the grey area since they are yet to be proven? Hence it would be conspiracy FACT ...?

link   

originally posted by: U4ea82

My best guess is that they want to share their truth with others, just like you want to share yours. I mean isn't that why we come here? To learn and discuss with others the knowledge that we've acquired? Now I'm not condoning posting walls of religious text but, I don't think ALL of them are here strictly on a covert convert mission. I think some really just want to help others find their way.

I have no problem with different opinions and ideas.

But a thread with nothing but bible verses is not original nor thought out. I once posted a thread on the ark looking for discussion and soon enough it was flooded with bible verse without the discussion I was looking for.

I gave up trying to have conversations on religion as it was bible version or nothing.

Peace

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Just wanted to add my two cents in here.

If one were to have a look through the Forum Index, one would quickly see that ATS isn't just a conspiracy website.

While there is a plethora of conspiracy forums, there are also Breaking News forums, Political forums, Current Event forums, Science and Technology forums, Off-topic Chit-chat forums, as well as the religious forums.

There are forums for just about any kind of discussion, aside from conspiracies.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I always figured that they were wanting to talk with like minded people. No harm in that.

+6 more 
posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Religion is the biggest mind control experience of all time.....maybe the posters subconsciously know that and come here to be challenged into reality?

edit on 11-10-2014 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join