It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Keep Posting Religion on a Conspiracy Site?

page: 21
<< 18  19  20   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: dianashay
a reply to: Tangerine

You've done it again! You continue to claim that Jesus actually lived. There is no historical evidence (ie. contemporaneous documentation) to prove your claim.

I refuse to go round n' round with you about the comments I made to another that complained about
Christians being judgmental and how I explained that it is unChristian to do so so to ignore those comments made by
such a self-proclaimed 'Christian'.

Whether you believe JC exists or not, or the person who I told to ignore THAT (so-called judgmental Christian) type of person believes or not, my point was to remind those that are confronted by judgement that their so-called Messiah (whether you believe he existed or not) would NOT advocate the act of judgement. My advice was to 1. ignore the judgmental person or 2. throw that scripture (John 6:7, that they believe in) right back in their face. One can do either acts of defiance and would be a win-win.

If you have misunderstood me and see it as me 'being all head-rollin' Christian' on you, then you are truly mistaken and clearly reading into things that aren't there. There is nothing I can do about that. I have been as simple in terms as I can get.

I do understand the context in which you posted to the other person. I was simply pointing out that in doing so you made a claim of fact that, for lack of testable evidence, is not fact. Maybe it's time we collectively stop patting believers on the head, playing their game, and pretending that their delusions are based in fact when they're not. A large segment of society acts like the nutty relative in the attic and the rest of us are expected to not notice that their behavior is whacko. Let's change that--for our sake.
edit on 16-10-2014 by Tangerine because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

You're confusing myths with history. Your misogyny did also not escape notice. What a waste of time.

When in doubt attack the person huh?
His point is valid none the less.
The fact you took this avenue to avoid it is quite saddening to me.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:50 AM
link   
a reply to: nenothtu

LoL!
I get a perverse pleasure out of messing up peoples stereotypes.
A vice of mine.
I am first and foremost an individual.
Whatever labels I claim come a distant second.
Which is sadly enough, not all that common.

I'm supposedly going to hell anyway so what's one more reason?

I welcome new friends.
No matter their beliefs or what have you.
I don't even care how seriously they hold their beliefs.
So long as they understand that I don't share them and most likely never will.
I will, can, and do respect other's beliefs though.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 12:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tangerine

You're confusing myths with history.

From whence do myths spring, if not history? I thought it was a wonderful and grandiose myth rewriting history in that case. To each his own, I suppose.

I still think misinterpreted mythology is misinterpreted mythology. A modern woman misinterpreting ancient myths underpinning ancient religious rites in order to promote a modern agenda is just hilarious to me.

Your misogyny did also not escape notice.

Misogyny? Is that the "sexist card", kinda like throwing the "racist card" when you've got no proper response?

What a waste of time.

Agreed, but probably not for the same reasons.

edit on 2014/10/16 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: HarbingerOfShadows

I'm supposedly going to hell anyway so what's one more reason?

I'll bring the beer, you bring the pretzels! it might be a long walk, so we'll probably need a lot of supplies - and a couple of wimmins to carry it all for us!

I welcome new friends.
No matter their beliefs or what have you.
I don't even care how seriously they hold their beliefs.
So long as they understand that I don't share them and most likely never will.
I will, can, and do respect other's beliefs though.

I'm married to a Muslim, so I've got evidence that I can get along with folks who believe differently! That was one of the stipulations of the marriage contract - that I not try to "convert" her. I never figured out why that notion would ever even be entertained, but that's just me.

She can't carry the beer, though - it's against her religion, and, as a good muslim, she'll be headed for Jannah, which as I understand it is in the other direction.

edit on 2014/10/16 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 01:57 AM
link   

I do understand the context in which you posted to the other person. I was simply pointing out that in doing so you made a claim of fact that, for lack of testable evidence, is not fact. Maybe it's time we collectively stop patting believers on the head, playing their game, and pretending that their delusions are based in fact when they're not. A large segment of society acts like the nutty relative in the attic and the rest of us are expected to not notice that their behavior is whacko. Let's change that--for our sake.

You obviously do not understand anything I said if you keep going roundabout on how I shouldn't give the advice (to another claim to harm/insult by a Christian's judgmental ways ) as I suggested (to ignore that supposed Christian or to throw the verse from John:8:7 in that judgmental Christian's face) because that would imply that I am thereby proselytizing, myself.

This is my exact point that I made on page 14. You cannot have a discussion about a discussion about banning religion and expect no one to discuss religion lol. That goes for any other topic on this blue globe n' green earth. Religion is part of our world, culture and economy on every level.

What you see as apples, I see as an orchard. The argument isn't who sees the picture but who sees the bigger picture...despite who (God or not) painted it. That is the whole idea. We have free will (God or no) and determination. When will we ever learn that it is the journey and not the destination that counts. That would be like living one's life dwelling on how others would think of them at their 3.2 hour funeral*. What a waste!!!! *and as you know, to some people that is their main goal.

If one lives their life (perhaps unfulfilled, unfruitful, unhappy and stifled) because of the lack of religion or as (on the other sway of the scale) a fundamentalist, then they truly missed out on a true purpose. Are we expected to hit some 'AHA' moment of evolution?? Well, bring it on.

IF (notice I said 'IF') there is a God, I can only fathom that He would only want the best for us whereby WE have the decision to become as we were meant to be...without His (direct) interference. Perhaps that is why He (is supposed to be) called 'Our Father'. Any good parent does the same.

edit on 16-10-2014 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: dianashay

You obviously do not understand anything I said if you keep going roundabout on how I shouldn't give the advice (to another claim to harm/insult by a Christian's judgmental ways ) as I suggested (to ignore that supposed Christian or to throw the verse from John:8:7 in that judgmental Christian's face) because that would imply that I am thereby proselytizing, myself.

This is my exact point that I made on page 14. You cannot have a discussion about a discussion about banning religion and expect no one to discuss religion lol. That goes for any other topic on this blue globe n' green earth. Religion is part of our world, culture and economy on every level.

What you see as apples, I see as an orchard. The argument isn't who sees the picture but who sees the bigger picture...despite who (God or not) painted it. That is the whole idea. We have free will (God or no) and determination. When will we ever learn that it is the journey and not the destination that counts. That would be like living one's life dwelling on how others would think of them at their 3.2 hour funeral*. What a waste!!!! *and as you know, to some people that is their main goal.

If one lives their life (perhaps unfulfilled, unfruitful, unhappy and stifled) because of the lack of religion or as (on the other sway of the scale) a fundamentalist, then they truly missed out on a true purpose. Are we expected to hit some 'AHA' moment of evolution?? Well, bring it on.

IF (notice I said 'IF') there is a God, I can only fathom that He would only want the best for us whereby WE have the decision to become as we were meant to be...without His (direct) interference. Perhaps that is why He (is supposed to be) called 'Our Father'. Any good parent does the same.

I didn't imply that you were proselytizing in your post to the other person. However, your next to last paragraph in the above post does come pretty close as does your last paragraph.

Your rant has jumped tracks several times. I never said religion shouldn't be discussed. Free will, in the context of religion or not, is preposterous. Whose purpose? Your purpose?

It will do no good for me to repeat my point. I've made it several times and it went unnoticed by you.

posted on Oct, 16 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   

It will do no good for me to repeat my point. I've made it several times and it went unnoticed by you.

Yes, perhaps the day you understand me, and I understand you will be the day of the second coming.

One of us (or both) will not notice?

*I just had to. hehe
(and give my best to Frodo, whoever that is).

posted on Oct, 19 2014 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Are you for or against accepting others OP?

posted on Oct, 25 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Well I am not the op, but that is an overly broad and vague question. You may have asked "are you for or against accepting/co-existing/tolerating people with different cultural and/or ideological beliefs. For instance, I am willing to accept and tolerate and co-exist with homosexuals, democrats, Muslims, Communists, police, and most other people so long as they do not infringe on mine or others liberties.

However, I believe one would be hard pressed to accept/co-exist/tolerate a known pedophile or sexual predator. I absolutely would not accept such a person, and frankly their very behavior inspires violent thoughts in my head that could easily become violent actions. Am I wrong for that? Would the op or anyone else be??

What about an atheist who would take it upon themselves to boycott God at a Church Food drive with their own posse and harass others who are attempting to do a very good thing for their local community? Should I accept that?

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20   >>

join