It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why Keep Posting Religion on a Conspiracy Site?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: sheepslayer247

All I can say is that I believe there is very little difference in the actual mindset/psychological health of either group.

Why should we allow one group of nutbags and not the other?

I would like to ask SS, what mindset it is that makes a group, not
a group, of nutbags? Surely you know of one or maybe two or more?

I use that term loosely and do not take offense, please.

We often call people that believe they have been abducted or a variety of other experiences to be crazy. I'm suggesting that the religious folk are not so much different.

They have had experiences in their life that they attribute to god....others call it something else.

But there may be a connection in how they deal with such experiences.. ..psychologically.
edit on 10/11/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
While I agree with your premise, in their defense, there is a Religion forum. I guess one must put aside their own personal beliefs if they are on a conspiracy site, as should one if they are in a Religion forum on the site.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:26 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

That I can live with.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Emerald53
This is a non-discriminatory site isn't it ? You're allowed your perception of truth, we're allowed ours, you're allowed to convince of us your beliefs and we're allowed to do the same, right ? Either we're all welcome, or none of us are. That's how this works, isn't it ?

After-all there are several forums on this site catering to Christian and Theology, so we're certainly welcome here. Perhaps you would like to make a compromise. You can keep your opinion to yourself, and we will also do the same. But then what would be the point in this site ?

The Bible is apart of the Christians personality, so as a human you must accept our personality, and we must accept yours. Unless you're willfully discriminating; In which case you're a hypocrite and are breaking your own morals. Or perhaps you lack humane morals ?

Please revisit my OP.

I never stated unwelcome at all but rather more of a discussion than a pulpit approach. If you can't Discuss, it's called preaching.

Your insults as to my opinion just proves my point. The fact that you state you must accept my personality in your faith is false. the very basis of a religion is to not accept non-believers.

My morals? Hypocrisy? Now you're reaching.

Peace anyways.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I thought this was a private site and they could do pretty much whatever they wanted with it??? If they want to disallow religion, there shouldn't be any obligation for them to permit it whatsoever.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Agree 100% with the OP and well put. Its as if they are regurgitating information and not bringing anything
new to the table. You can't just quote scripture, then talk in codified form, I think that is really a sign
of craziness. You can't just quote scripture, stop it! At least say what it means to you in plain English!!

I understand where everyone is coming from on this thread, and thank you OP for giving me a place to vent.

I just want to say I feel bad for going off in the religious thread posted 5 minutes after this, but its because
I didn't see this thread, I would've posted here.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: letmeon
A few years back in 2008 with this site I sorta caused " The Rapture" to happen. I know what you mean by certain people with strong beliefs. I got death threats and it was a big headache. Some people are just a little blinded by their faith and can't see people coming from opposing views. Or lack of church teachings. I never read the Bible and personally hate when people quote scripture on this site. It's like they got it memorized. Lol

A LOT of people do memorize scripture.

However, to not be educated about people of faith by not reading The Bible is just as bad. I'm an Atheist, but have read The Bible. If you read it, you'll have a lot more fodder to use against those idiots that think The Bible should be taken literally.

Most religion makes no sense at all when viewed subjectively, but most people of faith are so blinded by that faith that they refuse to accept any viewpoint except the one that The Church has told them is the correct one.

The first lesson in The Bible is "Eating from the Tree of Knowledge is the Original Sin". The Church knows that as people get educated, they realize the ridiculousness of religion, so they teach people not to educate themselves other than through the teachings of the Church.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: nrd101

I just want to say I feel bad for going off in the religious thread posted 5 minutes after this, but its because
I didn't see this thread, I would've posted here

Don't feel bad it needed to be said and you only spoke the truth. It was such a wall of gobbledygook it made my head hurt trying to read it.

Walls of scripture text is bad enough but when you add in someones wall of strange translation where you need a secret deoder ring to understand maybe two or three of them then its like "wow yeah this &^%s crazy."

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.

Well, they haven't yet tried to preach to my dog.

Is that next?

Bible thumpers, leaning over the gate, reading to my big doggie ...... while my doggie thinks, ...... lean just a little further ......... little more ....crunch.

P

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 01:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: signalfire

Religious people have a lot of 'splainin to do, and a lot of horrors to answer for. In short, you think you're being fine upstanding citizens, whilst you advocate for a deeply flawed and dangerous thought process that frequently descends into violent madness.

My MY thats a large brush youre painting with there sir, where did you buy such a megalithic painting instrument!

When people speakin such broad terms about those who might be religious, it really makes them no more tolerant then those they advocate against....

As SHEEPSLAYER but it so eloquently earlier in the thread, Many things can be viewed as a religion, and many people use those ideas to brow beat others.....

Thanks. I got over being tolerant a long time ago, after being 'brow beaten' for NOT being a believer... the entire society does it, have you ever seen that poll that says an atheist could never be elected President? Why? Because they're not willing to lie about being rational? Bush was supposedly born again but he had no problem killing everything in sight, as long as his ass wasn't on the line... Tolerance begets people who are never invited to stop to think that they may be brainwashed fools, brainwashed by parents who were also brainwashed fools.

Religious people are mentally unbalanced and the more religious they are, the more unbalanced they become; the end result is violence against anyone who doesn't toe their particular line. While some people can compartmentalize Sunday away from the rest of their week and combine scientific careers with feel-good ritualistic crapola one day a week, that doesn't make them sane, only oddly unaware of the inherent hypocrisies. (Unarrested unpunished pedophile priests, anyone?)

There was something in the news today or yesterday about a mother who murdered her kids so as to prepare them for the coming rapture... and of course there's the joys of the Crusades, the witch trials which were responsible for thousands of deaths in Europe and the colonies, and our present day unpleasantness in the Middle East (most of that perhaps caused by American Imperialism but the whackjobs that like to read the Koran and interpret it as it's actually written aren't exactly lacking in violent behaviors... ) Now we're spending billions of dollars to supposedly fight an idea written by a madman centuries ago; and to them, we seem just as insane, I'm sure.

Sorry if the entire course of human history is a 'broad brush'; kinda hard to avoid that.

How consummately odd we must seem to a civilization that never needed a fantasy to explain an unknown.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 04:18 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Jude surely rteligion is the greatest conspiracy inthe world for the elite to keep ruling cos we are all threatened by their agents - the church.

Confession tells the church who is doing what to who. Visiting parish members means they get to spy on you in your own home. Their network streatches all over the world. They have the power to indoctrinate you during your formative years. They operate within government and celebrate all big get-togethers which often incorporate prayer etc. They operate a bank and have charity status despite the fact they have money incoming which is another form of taxation for God and his little helpers. They uphold the policies of the government and even religion Gods tell one to pay your taxes.

If you don't do all the above then they condem you to hell!

Biggest conspiracy in the world I think. Especially as its all based on material adapted from other myths woven together to become the tale they demand one to believe and have blind faith in.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   
What is religion anyway? Isn't it just definitions, concepts, frames of reference? In other words something that would appear to be quite key to a truth seeker. We come here to question our own definitions. Some believe in A, some in B, some in C, everybody believes in something. I believe I have orange juice in my fridge right now. I can't see through my fridge door so I don't have proof.

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:16 AM
link   
Because the "conspiracy site" has a whole area devoted to topics which are not "conspiracy". It calls them "off-topic".
They include food, automobiles, travel, health, sport, literature, and television.
There people can talk among themselves about the topics that interest them.
Why are you not addressing a rant against all those people writing about bacon?

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 05:39 AM
link   

To the OP: Some of us understand religion and especially the 'Jesus Christ will wash away all your sins' one-- as the greatest conspiracy ever committed to mankind. Don't know about you...
edit on 12-10-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: ....

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
Because the "conspiracy site" has a whole area devoted to topics which are not "conspiracy". It calls them "off-topic".
They include food, automobiles, travel, health, sport, literature, and television.
There people can talk among themselves about the topics that interest them.
Why are you not addressing a rant against all those people writing about bacon?

From the OP: "Creating threads with simple bible quotes and nothing else?"

If I were to talk about bacon I wouldn't just quote an entire page from a cookbook with nothing else. There must be a person behind the post with an original thought...or in this case, recipe.

Also: "Posting not only in your threads but in ours which have nothing to do with your beliefs."

I won't go into a religious thread with a BLT recipe and post it.

Finally: " I am only suggesting to not use ATS as a pulpit but rather a discussion platform for your religion, whatever it may be. I believe more might listen and be open to new pathways of thought. "

Where's the problem?

Gotta go, breakfast is waiting. mmmm...bacon...

Peace

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: pheonix358
a reply to: Klassified

15 And He said to them, “Go into all the world and preach the gospel to every creature.

Well, they haven't yet tried to preach to my dog.

Is that next?

Bible thumpers, leaning over the gate, reading to my big doggie ...... while my doggie thinks, ...... lean just a little further ......... little more ....crunch.

P

The 2nd biggest conspiracy of all time...Chihuahuas. What the hell?????

Devil Spawn/

Peace

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
What's with people trying to play the victim always like "they annoy me proselytizing at my door", come on, how often does that even happen?

When I was little that happened once a month maybe, but hasnt happened in years, and I live in a house, not an apartment... And even if they come to ask, you can just politely say no and they leave!!

Really now, someone (right or wrong) wants to 'save your soul' or whatever, and we get pissed off... but when kids come on halloween selfishly wanting OUR candy, we roll with it! bizarre

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:27 AM
link   
There is an odd relationship between being conservative politically, believing in conspiracy theories AND being religious.
If anything, this is what I learned since I am here on this site.

Which would also explain nicely why on a conspiracy site there are also a good number of religious people. Just look over some threads here and you will see this.

Also...from what I remember there had been a real study done once which found that conservative's thinking is often that they're feeling threatened by all kinds of things, which would also explain why it is often conservatives (who are often religious) who believe that the government (or the immigrants, or ebola, or whoever) is out to get them etc....just saying there is actually sort-of scientific evidence showing the relationship between conspiracy theories and people who are more religious.

Secondly, we can also sort-of assume that people who BELIEVE in something based on faith only (religion)...are also more predestined to believe in conspiracy theories.
edit on 10/12/2014 by NoRulesAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   

While I see where you are coming from Jude, as I do often when you post...

You need to change your Mind Set... Mind Ra...
Use the Bible as a learning curve...

I'm a Muslim, but I'll still read a Bible verse whenever posted just for educational purpose...

The converting is against T&Cs if I remember correctly...
But I do see a borderline attempt at times as I'm sure you're referring to
That's where I agree with you fully, so thanks for bringing that up because I thought it was just me!!!

edit on 12-10-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2014 @ 07:32 AM
link   
Jude, I like you, I like you a lot. And you may speak for me as much as you wish regarding this subject.
Kudos for saying out loud what I have been thinking for so long.
Some of the fanatics on here really are doing their religion a dis justice.

edit on 12/10/14 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

edit on 12/10/14 by OpenEars123 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join