It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aren't you tired of Hypocrites in the government?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
They will only say what they think we want to hear - anything else, like being honest, is irrelevant in politics. How much more rotten this system can be? And actually is it even possible to have a better system considering we are all humans in the end with the same instincts?

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:36 AM
link   
"Aren't you tired of Hypocrites in the government?"

Yes. That's why I don't vote. That's why I try to stay out of political debates that want to change the system. There is no changing it. There is no bettering a system that is designed to fail the common people. As long as you have political science and political law degrees here in the U.S. that can be had by anyone in the world, Lithuania included, who can obtain a student visa and attend Harvard, Yale, Princeton or any other school that offers degrees with the prestige that comes from the school they're obtained from, we will always have the same old same old: Rich people and/or social outcasts who buy their way into power for the purpose of controlling people whom they can't relate to.

Politics is like religion......they ruin good intentions.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
a reply to: WorkingClassHero

looks it is a little like pimples on a teenager...you learn to live with it
edit on 19-9-2014 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   
a reply to: WorkingClassHero

Yes, sick to the stomach of the whole damn system. Hypocrite is a very light word to use for politicians.

They are liars, thieves, murderers, terrorists!

The US is the greatest example of this but the rest of the world is not much better.

This is why I dont vote. The longer people vote the longer this will continue. Until we destroy ourselves.

We could stop it anytime we wanted. But nobody does. And that is the worst thing of all.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." - Edmund Burke

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:22 AM
link   
If there ever was a conspiracy it has to be voter apathy.. For all those who do not vote, what do you think would happen if everyone who really cared about a responsible system that is guided by the people's will just sat out and did not vote ? Only the special interest will vote.. You know the ones who want something for nothing and the politician who promises them manna from heaven.. Those who are bused in from an outside area where they are not even registered to vote ... The ones who are not required to show a voter I.D. that kind of stuff needs to be stopped but it would appear with the current crop of law makers it is not a priority.

No one makes you vote for the two big political parties.. Vote third party and watch the repubs and dems squirm..

Many of the states get the jury selection from the voters.... which can be a big pain sometimes. But if you want change it ain't gonna happen by bitching about it without action or making the political process work..

Every time someone sticks their head up out of the established repubs and dems pack they are demonized and just about every contrived lie that can be fabricated is used to defeat them. I read someplace that with the new rules even a Regan could not be voted into office if he tried ... ?

We all want change, so vote some third party that makes points with you..
What really bugs me are some of the truly brain dead in Congress and the Senate who continue to get reelected by a 38% voter turn out... I suppose because people or to busy to vote or they think their vote does not count..?
Just something to consider....

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: 727Sky
If there ever was a conspiracy it has to be voter apathy.. For all those who do not vote, what do you think would happen if everyone who really cared about a responsible system that is guided by the people's will just sat out and did not vote ? Only the special interest will vote.. You know the ones who want something for nothing and the politician who promises them manna from heaven.. Those who are bused in from an outside area where they are not even registered to vote ... The ones who are not required to show a voter I.D. that kind of stuff needs to be stopped but it would appear with the current crop of law makers it is not a priority.

No one makes you vote for the two big political parties.. Vote third party and watch the repubs and dems squirm..

Many of the states get the jury selection from the voters.... which can be a big pain sometimes. But if you want change it ain't gonna happen by bitching about it without action or making the political process work..

Every time someone sticks their head up out of the established repubs and dems pack they are demonized and just about every contrived lie that can be fabricated is used to defeat them. I read someplace that with the new rules even a Regan could not be voted into office if he tried ... ?

We all want change, so vote some third party that makes points with you..
What really bugs me are some of the truly brain dead in Congress and the Senate who continue to get reelected by a 38% voter turn out... I suppose because people or to busy to vote or they think their vote does not count..?
Just something to consider....

star for you...i have a question...how does one bring themselves to vote knowing the whole system is rigged....this is a case of damned if you do and damned if you dont

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I think if there is rigging ( and with all my heart I believe there is from a few things that happened in Houston with a warehouse mysteriously catching fire before the voting machines (150) were audited...kinda like hard drive crashes in D.C.) IMO the way it is set up is to count the repubs and dems voter base and adjust as necessary for the outcome..

A Third party is not a danger so I doubt they have an electronic voting machine that transfers votes from a repub to a dem or viscera set up for a third party.... a third party vote should be safe as far as vote rigging unless the organizers are one step ahead of the game...

Do not listen to MSM or some talking head but vote based on the words that your guy says; not what someone else says he/she said.. Will it be easy to make a change.. hell no...to much is invested by the two party system... It can be done though if everyone got off their collective butts and voted.. I read someplace that even with the rigged electronic machines they could only change around 8% of the vote before becoming tooooo obvious ... Does not sound like much of a change but think about all the elections that are won on slimmer margins. hahaha There will be some Ra Ra USA come by the thread and say voter fraud does not exist in the good old USA which is totally up to them.. My thoughts were gathered long ago as I have had relatives who have won elections for state positions.. They say politics is a dirty business... it really is unless the candidate is of the highest moral fiber... Even then the worm can be turned in some cases because of the money involved....

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: DeepImpactX

Maaaan you just put my thoughts into words! Something I have trouble with. And the worst part of it is when you tell people you don't vote they just assume that you are an ignorant, uneducated a$$hole.
edit on 19-9-2014 by Shepard64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I am tired of our elected 'leaders' behaving like children on a temper tantrum when they do not get their way. I am tired of these people who are supposed to be representing the citizen, cold faced lies to their supporters while bending over to lobby interests and apparently laughing behind closed doors about how stupid the masses are.

We need leadership who wants what is best for our country, not leaders who want to do what is best for their pocketbooks.

I will admit, the insurance oligarchy essentially keeps these in check at gun point. They let every legislator know: for us or we will be against you. Support the lobby interests and one gets money and good PR, do NOT support the oligarchy and one gets destroyed by the media and NO money.

At this point there is not much the average citizen can do except make others aware of this reality.
edit on 19-9-2014 by jrod because: always more typos

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

At this point there is not much the average citizen can do except make others aware of this reality.

And vote for anyone but a repub or a democrat....

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Easy for someone like me or you to do. Not easy to convince someone else who thinks voting 3rd party is a 'waste' of a vote.
edit on 19-9-2014 by jrod because: s

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: jrod

We can vote for a 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th,10th and 11th party and it still doesn`t make any difference. They still find a way to rig the system to suit their needs.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: 727Sky

Easy for someone like me or you to do. Not easy to convince someone else who thinks voting 3rd party is a 'waste' of a vote.

The wasted vote thing is true and has let some real characters win a majority vote.. But the process has to start in breaking up the two party system.. They say two party but anymore it is like a two headed Hydra... I do not have much faith things will change unless the economy continues to slip ... When people are hungry and have lost all possessions and status their attitudes change about allot of things.. maybe for the better maybe not...?

There are many good strong people in the states... most just want to be left alone and feel on occasion they have a voice in what is going on.. The more the government pushes they will either buckle or will finally figure it out the only way in our system for change is through the power of voting...unless you want to try a Rambo 1 movie type scenario ... good luck with that unless again you have the numbers of like minded individuals on your side.. I would say voting at this stage is a better course of action... Less sweet and blood

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I vote for people rather than parties, and I always look at third party and independent candidates. To date, I've not found much on the national level to vote for. I'm a moderate and will vote for moderate candidates who understand give and take to accomplish goals. Most third party and independent candidates come across as the furthest thing from moderate there is. Or they just sound crazy.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:16 PM
link   
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

That is likely because the establishment drags their name and image through the mud to make them sound crazy.

I actually have an inside source or two that has given my a glimpse of what happens behind closed doors.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: usernameconspiracy

That is likely because the establishment drags their name and image through the mud to make them sound crazy.

I actually have an inside source or two that has given my a glimpse of what happens behind closed doors.

And you still encourage people to vote?

Why?

Voting in order to get change is like trying to fix the system from the inside. There is no fixing this system and if you actually know a little about how it all works from "inside information", you would know that.

We appreciate the fact that you hold a positive attitude that says the system can be fixed, but think about this one fact: After Kennedy was shot, no one became President that did the common man any good.

Try to turn this ship around and you will get killed.

posted on Sep, 19 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Aren't you tired of Hypocrites in the government?

Yep want another example ?

My government says I can't own a machine gun,grenade, or anything that goes boom.

Then turns around and arms 'freedom fighters' in Syria, and elsewhere in the ME.

Example 2.

That same government would not stand for it. If another country would start arming the 'Teaparty' in a violent overthrow of our government.

There are many levels of hypocrisy of the American government.

And the depths of it's vulgar stupidity, HYPOCRISY.

Has no limits.

new topics

top topics

join