It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama prepared to authorize air strikes in Syria against Islamic State

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:13 PM
link   
We can view all of this as radicalisms last dieing gasps.
They waited a long time to make their big moves while US troops were in Iraq, why now? The jewel of Syria and an unstable Iraq was too much for them to resist. Now they are all under one banner and easier to defeat.
The Arab League and NATO nations are forming a Coalition for the final stages
With ISIS defeated, caliphate talk will be a joke for the next century and carving out Kurdistan and Sunni nations will be seen as a more viable solution.
There will be no threat of radicals replacing Assad, they will all be unorganized and defeated before Assad's fall and a Western groomed FSA can take over.
With Assad's defeat, Hezbollah will have to go packing.
Putin can't be bothered anymore with Syria, he got Crimea and Ukraine, shrewd tradeoff.
The Muslim Brotherhood has already been put down in Egypt.
The Maliki Shia government roadblock has been removed in Iraq

Dominos, count the ones that have fallen and are about to fall.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Hey, I like your Avatar! Can't wait to see what you'll come up with when you merge photos of Obama and Clinton.
-cwm

All I need to do is shop her hairdo onto the existing image and good to go

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:28 PM
link   
ALERT: Obama, it appears is going to train the FSA in of all places, Saudi Arabia!

As if this won’t just be a force to NOT FIGHT ISIS BUT TO CONTINUE THE FIGHT AGAINST ASSAD IN SYRIA.

Well folks if this is true then the cats out of the bag.

THIS IS ALL A SCAM TO FIGHT ASSAD...
..AND IF THIS IS TRUE
AMERICA IS THE PRINCE OF DARKNESS

edit on 10-9-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I'm surprised that people aren't really seeing the big picture here. The REAL target, sorry to say, is Iran. What better way to get to it than to attack its last standing ally in the region? Once Syria goes down, Iran pretty much stands alone.

We didn't buy the "Get Assad cause he's dangerous" game. Had to ratchet up the stakes with shocking beheadings in order to get us to go along with what the white house admits is going to be a "long, protracted and expensive" war....one in which Obama claims he doesn't need congressional approval to do, but apparently those idiotic sock puppets that claim to represent us will go along with it.

This is sheer madness. Iran is being pushed into a corner as Syria will ask for its help. I've said it before on here, I'll say it again, Syria is NOT the end game. Iran and WW3 is.

We must be fixing to go down financially in a bad way in order for this nonsense to be pushed. We've been itching to take down Iran for years, but couldn't quite figure out the best way. Seems like they're rushing into this. Expect two things: A miserable protracted war that involves big major players and many deaths, and a pretty shocking stock market crash.

Educate yourself. READ the evidence, it's right out there for all to see. Don't fall for the BS. This was written in 2009:
www.brookings.edu...

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Uh.. who did ISIS consolidate under their umbrella?

We should stay out of the middle east completely. You do realize we are in part responsible for ISIS by giving them weapons and not only are we bombing, but we are about to send more weapons to rebels? Yeah we did that before and many of them joined ISIS.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: boogeywoogey
Did Obama finally grow some balls?

I say we kick ISIS's ass then make them beg for mercy then drop a few more bombs!!!!!

The bastards should be obliterated!

WTG Obammy!

No No No lol. Who kept us from bombing Syria a few years ago? Think, Yep! Look how they have ole Putty all tied up with Ukraine now. Smart move, now the Bankers can take one prize while setting up the other for a big fall.

They are too smart for Putin and he can not out maneuver them, he does not have what it takes to get it done.

They will be so so happy to sucker him into taking the bait, the bait being Israel. Israel will have no other choice but to nuke the Russian Bear Army and put him to sleep for a very long long time. Putin's biggest mistake will be thinking Israel does not have the nukes that they do or thinking they wont dare to use them. Huge mistake!!!

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Wait till America bombs Syrian govt. forces and says "oops" .

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Oh no, you have been misled, the USA had a concrete Military strategy in place 2 weeks ago! It is Obama once again claiming to know better than our Military Generals what the strategy is!!

Well he went this route one time, i. e. the very reason we will have to commit more troops to battle IS now instead of when he was instructed to do so for the countries best interest 2 years ago!

He does not know squat about foreign policy! Hell I would gather to say he does not know too damn much about the world around us! That has already cost two American Journalist their lives but hey ........whats the big deal people!!

This guy is a tragedy walking!

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: tAcAnAvAn
I agree OP, those beheading are very suspiciously timed,and just generally suspicious. The Us tried the get to Syria with the chemical weapons scandal, but now they have another shot.

In 2013 the UN investigators investigated 14 separate incidents where chemical weapons had been used in Syria. The conclusions show both sides used chemical weapons.

So its not a chemical weapon scandal - its fact.

As for Obama and ISIL(S)(IS) his strategy most likely came from a Magic 8 ball.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:23 AM
link   
It was sickening last week seeing Cameron on the news, at the NATO summit, all puffed up and speaking about the plans to attack ISIS and targets in Syria and how there was no legal obstacle. What? No legal obstacle? How about violating the sovereignty of another nation you damned criminal.

Cameron and Obama (or more likely those that pull their strings) didn't get their wish to go bomb Syria the last time so had to find another way to get some support for it. And now, under the cover of fighting ISIS, they will expand to include Syrian Government targets. No doubt they'll claim those Syrian Government forces opened fire on them, or radar painted them and they acted in self defence - despite them being there in full violation of international law in the first place.

The Syrian forces have every right to open fire on every damned drone or plane that the UK, US or any other nation sends into their airspace - it is THEIR RIGHT to do so.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Who gives the US the right to fight against a legit Syrian government? Who gives them a right to arm Syrian rebels (ISIS / Israeli !?). US are a menace to the world stability when engages against other countries.

You people (US government) have no right. no right! This totally crazy!!!
edit on 11/9/2014 by voyger2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: FissionSurplus
Educate yourself. READ the evidence, it's right out there for all to see. Don't fall for the BS. This was written in 2009:
www.brookings.edu...

The above his heavy stuff!!

How can that be public and everything stays the same?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: voyger2
Who gives the US the right to fight against a legit Syrian government? Who gives them a right to arm Syrian rebels (ISIS / Israeli !?). US are a menace to the world stability when engages against other countries.

You people (US government) have no right. no right! This totally crazy!!!

Stop your crying you people would otherwise beg the U.S to step up and get it done if it was your country that was being attacked and if a country can't stop a terror group like isis then guess what we will before it comes to our door.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I agree but the trouble is mate that the uk and other billy hunts don't recognise Assad as the leader of Syria and instead we the see the Syrian national council as the ones to talk too

So in theory and legally they could be right as the SNC in their eyes is the legit government even when no one voted for their rule in Syria!

Russia I expect will say you can't bomb a sovereign country but they have been framed as the bad guys in Ukraine now by the media so I'm not sure what will go down and the lapdog media will be smearing them again

Iran is also investing a lot of money in Syria, this might not play out well if we start bombing Assads forces who are fighting and dying at the hands of these terrorists funded by evil bstards in the Middle East

edit on 11-9-2014 by Whereismypassword because: Spelling bombing became boning! Lol

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:17 AM
link   
The Russians are now throwing warnings out to the USA about going into Syria, something about violating international law.

I'm usually the sceptic, but this whole fiasco is hitting boiling point.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:22 AM
link   
The sane one

My country UK has the best trained armed forces in the world,we are more than capable of defending ourselves from any attacker from any country

Thanks for the option for your help but we can manage fine enough without you

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Let me get this right I have had a bottle of shiraz..

For he last 3 to 4 months here on ats I have seen Condemnation of alleged Russian Military involvement
in the Sovereign Country of the Ukraine by a lot of members ....

Now these members are Condoning a US and Coalition Military Strike on Syria which also happens to be

A Sovereign Nation....

Strange Indeed

Time for another bottle I think.....

Riouz
edit on 11-9-2014 by Riouz because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-9-2014 by Riouz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

Don't be naive. Educate yourself. US government is a menace to the world has those who support it!!
From a link posted above:
source

just the Index, of the lunatic document

authors:

You People Create Terrorists and Terror all over the world for a long time now! It has to stop, the snowball will it you when you least expect.

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: voyger2

What does a research document from 2009 have to do with whats going on today?

posted on Sep, 11 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Google 7 countries by general Clark

And if he's a liar why would he lie? Seems a soldier with honer who is fed up with the armed forces being used these ways

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join