It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama prepared to authorize air strikes in Syria against Islamic State

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 03:57 PM
link   
This whole thing reeks of a staged event with the beheading of the two journalists by the I.S IMHO
The US wanted to go into Syria but didn't supply the weapons that ISIS needed to over throw Assad.

This group was formed with US help and encouragement, Public opinion wasn't on the side of the US Government, so they backed away.

Now the MSM have been all over the I.S the US vice president claims that the US will send I.S through the gates of hell.

This is all to convenient for me, a back door way of the US finally going after Syria with the backing of the people.

The president is scheduled to speak at 9 p.m. EDT (0100 GMT Thursday)

www.reuters.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The USA had "no strategy" last week, but suddenly has a comprehensive plan for defeating ISIS? Isn't kind of stupid to tell your enemy how you're going to come after them? They won't be sitting around biting their fingernails in terror. After watching tonight's tip-off from President Obama, they'll escalate their plans to do as much damage as possible, as quickly as possible. I say it again...bad bad move by our President to signal in public what we're going to do!
-cwm

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Good. These barbaric animals need to be carpet bombed 24/7

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Arming the rebels does not help with ISIS. Rebels are not fighting ISIS just the president of the country.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   
So when the US go after I.S in Syria, they will stop there, if they indeed finish them off, I don't think so, I don't think I.S is their main objective, Assad is.

a reply to: muse7

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   
I agree OP, those beheading are very suspiciously timed,and just generally suspicious. The Us tried the get to Syria with the chemical weapons scandal, but now they have another shot.

And @ carewemust, when Obama said he didn't have a stratagy for ISIS, its like people who are anti-war were like "oh wait no that's not good," and he used that "I don't know what we're gunna do, oh ISIS so scary" POV to ramp up support.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:16 PM
link   
great... getting involved in another civil war... that's just going to work out great I bet...

Idiot is jumping the gun to do something without actually having a plan... wonderful.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Arming the rebels helps fight ISIS, Even though this whole thing is about Assad, probably. Here is a map from Wikipedia that has live updates of battles happening in Syria. In the north, you can see green (FSA(wiki shows their bias, green like good guys))/black (ISIS) conflict.

Syrian Civil War Live Map

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Did Obama finally grow some balls?

I say we kick ISIS's ass then make them beg for mercy then drop a few more bombs!!!!!

The bastards should be obliterated!

WTG Obammy!

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: roth1
Arming the rebels does not help with ISIS. Rebels are not fighting ISIS just the president of the country.

The rebels or the FSA have been fighting ISIS longer than any other force. ISIS and Assad stopped fighting each other to gang up on the FSA. So yes arming the FSA does help with ISIS.

As for the OP. Airstrikes will be limited in Syria most likely like in Iraq. Supporting the Kurds and FSA ground forces. However much like in Iraq the anoucement of strikes does far more damage than the actual strikes. ISIS has to spread out its forces and disperse heavy weapons to avoid bombing. As we have seen in Iraq this gives the Kurds/Iraqis a big advanage and we will see this in Iraq as well with the FSA/Kurds.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:58 PM
link   
The timing is very suspicious. A few hours before the clock rings in the 13th Annie of 9/11. I predict Obama comes on the TV and announces that he must put us under martial law for our safety. Okay I don't really think he is going to do that but it is interesting timing.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: keenasbro

So I wonder.. if we are doing airstrikes in Syria, but still oppose his government.. does that mean we will bomb both ISIS and Syrian government/military?

Are they trying to get one over on the people of the US? I mean we are bombing the same neighborhood and have two enemies there. Will they be honest with us and only bomb one or will they bomb both.. we know they want Assad more than they want ISIS.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Russia to busy fighting in Ukraine

What a great move US

Assad or the DNR mr Putin?

edit on 10-9-2014 by TritonTaranis because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
a reply to: keenasbro

Could they be any more obvious? Why do they bother at all with pretext? The masses will buy it, but no one that runs a country will. Are they that afraid of the American public? Because, every time I go out into town, I wonder why. These people won't do anything.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:07 PM
link   
The question that may be answered tonight is whether the US war in Syria is against ISIS or a ruse to get the US in the Syrian conflict with the eventual hope of taking down Assad.

Obama’s speech tonight will give us clues whether the conspiracy theories that THIS IS ALL ABOUT TAKING SYRIA DOWN have merit.

If Obama talks about funding and arming the rebels against Assad then one could put their money on the fact that this ISIL episode may all be a ruse to destroy Syria after all.

Then it is not all a coincidence that ISIS rose AFTER Assad started winning the war against the insurgents.

Also, ISIL started to rise AFTER Obama last year fumbled (from the perspective of the neocon plot to get in the Syrian civil war) in an attempt to get in the war by threatening to destroy Assad’s army over the sarin gas accusations against him.

So the conspiracy theory goes that since Assad was convincingly winning the war against his opponents the cabal of conspirators to take down Assad sent ISIL on their rampage all with the eventual hope of getting America into the Syrian civil war…

Though this is a round about way of getting the US in the actual civil war, since this escapade is supposed to be to destroy ISIL not affect the civil war, what they are obviously hoping for is that in the carnage, sure to take place in Syria, somehow the US and the so called free Syrian Army can defeat Assad in the process as well.

Since it appears this “free Syrian Army” is a phantasm of neocon dreams and plots then who exactly is going to be the ground troops the US will depend on to take the cities back from ISIS WHEN THE US AIR WAR STARTS THERE?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I wouldn't be at all surprised with, "People of America, at 2PM earlier today I authorized a massive strike on....."

It's already underway. Otherwise it's a fastball down the middle on every pitch.
ISIS are not idiots. I'm sure they are canny enough to change their tactics based on the news if it's signalled ahead.
Now, if you say you're going to tell the American people your plan, they come out in the open to play and await the news. They're a little arrogant like that.
So you tell everyone you are going to deliver the plan, wait for them to pop their heads up, and whammo.

If it's going to happen, it already has.

edit on 10-9-2014 by Badgered1 because: Rubbish spelling.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   
This was the plan all along..
aid terrorist group, piss off the neighbors, run back to host country and watch it get bombed.
en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 10-9-2014 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Things are shaping up.

Bad guy Assad along with Bad guys Hezbollah are fighting Bad guys ISIS, after ISIS consolidated all the other Bad guys under their umbrella. It is clear who is who and what side they are all on now, none of that was so clear a year ago.

Bombs away.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: roth1

It's broken down into tribal warfare. The "rebels" are not a united front, but a bunch of different warring militias, many of whom are mercenary fighters from other countries. The FSA and ISIS are the groups whom we hear the most about.

Assisting the FSA is not in our best interest; they don't have what it takes to take down ISIS and by pairing up with them we effectively go to war against the Syrian regime, which then drags Iran into the fray and perhaps Russia.

This is going to be bad. If we were serious about ISIS we would be working with Assad, not another fanatical to-be terror group.
edit on 10-9-2014 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-9-2014 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

Hey, I like your Avatar! Can't wait to see what you'll come up with when you merge photos of Obama and Clinton.
-cwm

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join