It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama prepared to authorize air strikes in Syria against Islamic State

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Because your source is trying to spin it as something its not -

During an appearance on Fox News, General Thomas McInerney acknowledged that the United States “helped build ISIS” as a result of the group obtaining weapons from the Benghazi consulate in Libya which was attacked by jihadists in September 2012.

That's what he stated and its from 2012 - Before ISIS came into existence. Assisting ISIS was not in a direct manner nor was it willful. It was the result of our failure to listen to our people on the ground the night it all went to hell, allowing access to weapons they would have never otherwise gotten.

In case you have been ignoring it there is a Congressional investigation ongoing into the Benghazi issues.

This is why I have issues with you. You are not a stupid person yet you willingly go down that road if it allows you to paint a situation as something its not. The event is explained in the first paragraph and yet you ignored it. I called your source into question and you tried to pass the info off as something that came from FoxNews and something that supported your claim that a US general stated the US is assisting ISIS, which is not what was stated.

You omit information in an effort to pass it off as something its not. Let me try to explain this to you where you may understand it. I, along with many others on this site, are not Russian. We will listen to the claims and we will look into them. Trying to make a claim in hopes its taken at face value does not work and the number of times you have been called out should have served as an example.

If we look at your post to jedihamster you will see you intentionally left out some key words to the part you quoted.

"as a result of"

In all things, context is king.

posted on Sep, 15 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

You know what - You are correct.

My apologies for assuming what your intent / context was.

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 04:49 PM
link   
POST REMOVED BY STAFF
edit on Sat Sep 20 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2014 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Hey are you literally talking about world war III here? Or is metaphorical for other events that are occurring elsewhere ?

posted on Sep, 21 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: PoorChoiceInPictures
Hey are you literally talking about world war III here? Or is metaphorical for other events that are occurring elsewhere ?

Good question..

the video you posted in the other thread on the exact same topic is a hoax btw.

As for WWIII russia seems hell bent on starting it.

/start sarcasm Welcome to the site... /end sarcasm

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join