It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia 'abducts' Estonian officer after Obama says US will defend Estonia

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Patriotsrevenge
Only 2 brigades are combat ready at this time. If you want to deploy DIVISIONS that would take a draft and MARTIAL LAW.
THIS is not a war move this is a slap to our president.
ONCE someone NORMAL gets in( GOD please don't elect a NEONAZI) they will calm down.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Any Russian speaking person is a Russian for me. You go by nationality, I go by language and culture.

I call Ukrainian Russian speakers also Russian. There is a difference between your and my thinking.

Is Russia involved in Ukraine fighting? Is USA involved in Ukraine fighting. It is not a rhetorical question. A nation is involved if it's citizens are involved. Citizens and State cannot be separated.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 10:06 AM
link   
The problem right now is that tiny countries like Estonia and Georgia think they can defeat Russia because of USA's support.

In reality this is wishful thinking. However such moves by USA to prop up anti-Russia regimes have spoiled any chances of Russian integration with the West.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: GargIndia
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Any Russian speaking person is a Russian for me. You go by nationality, I go by language and culture.

I call Ukrainian Russian speakers also Russian. There is a difference between your and my thinking.

Is Russia involved in Ukraine fighting? Is USA involved in Ukraine fighting. It is not a rhetorical question. A nation is involved if it's citizens are involved. Citizens and State cannot be separated.

Oh wow.
So now you think that someone who learns another language is now automatically a citizen of that country? If I learn French, does that make me French?

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   

The problem right now is that tiny countries like Estonia and Georgia think they can defeat Russia because of USA's support.

I hate to break this to you, but NATO is a considerably powerful force that Putin would have to be insane to go up against given the old hardware he's using, the poor communications and abysmal morale of his own military.

It's common knowledge that the Russian military is a depressed and weakened force, something even the Kremlin admitted and tried to fix, but has seemingly done little to change.
edit on 9-9-2014 by Rocker2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: GargIndia

And that is about the most ridiculous comment I have seen in awhile.

Just because you can speak a certain language and follow the culture it doesn't make you a citizen of that country.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:01 AM
link   
Just deny facts about Russians living in Ukraine,it was Russian not too long ago so it's logical many Russian leaning people live there

en.m.wikipedia.org...

Garg,just call them Ukrainian Russians in future or URs to stop the petty attacks being aimed at you

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Whereismypassword
I like this :

David Duchovny Verified account
‏@davidduchovny
I grew up thinking I was Russian only to find recently that I've been Ukrainian all along. Never too late to change.

Never mind that his Russian-Ukrainian part is in fact Jewish

edit on 10-9-2014 by kitzik because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:01 AM
link   
a reply to: GargIndia

So now you are trying to justify Russian involvement in Ukraine because if a person speaks russian they are somehow russian?

So what you are saying is you are now out of straws and have started grasping at coffee stirrers.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

In reality this is wishful thinking. However such moves by USA to prop up anti-Russia regimes have spoiled any chances of Russian integration with the West.

Please show me where Estonia and Georgia have ever stated they could take on Russia. Please show me where they have made those comments while referencing the United States to back it up.

So now you view any country who does not care for Russia, specifically those Russia occupied the last 50 years, as anti Russia regimes.

Has it ever occurred to you, or Putin for that matter, that the reason for those attitudes towards Russia exist is because of how Russia has treated them?

Putin has lost touch with reality and its looking like his supporters are following suit.

Let me help you out.

The Baltic states have been quiet since the end of Russian occupation. They have stayed out of the way. Only recently, when Russia opted to invade Ukraine, have they expressed concern.

And Rightfully so.

Putin is acting like a person who has lost touch with reality. This is not the 1980's anymore and he is not in charge of the Soviet Union.

He needs to go away, either by the Russian people or busboy with a silencer before he starts WWIII.

To drive this point home - Nuclear weapons are not contained / restrained by borders. Any use of nuclear weapons means we all lose. The very fact Putin does not understand that concept justifies the rest.

Your attempt to try and reverse the aggression towards Russia instead of where it belongs, Russia being aggressive to her neighbors, does not and will not work.
edit on 10-9-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Backwards as usual. Estonia and Georgia are not trying to "defeat" Russia, they are trying to avoid being absorbed by Russia. NATO can certainly help them there. As for Russia integrating itself into the rest of the world, it is Putin who has consciously chosen to reject the world. He has some strange nineteenth century nationalist ideas, such as Moscow being the "third Rome."

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

Georgia has in the recent past attacked and killed Georgian Russians resulting in Russia sending in old army and airforce units to repel the attackers

At the time Georgia had a small amount of troops in Iraq,and expected NATO help as they had received training prior to this,the did get help,Uncle Sam airlifted them back to Georgia to fight

Ukraine likes killing Ukraine Russians, these new states seem to like doing that and goes far beyond anti Russian to purely being racist

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Ukraine likes killing Ukraine Russians, these new states seem to like doing that and goes far beyond anti Russian to purely being racist

Russian isn't a "race," it's a language. You are really falling for Putin's propaganda, aren't you?

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Insults yet again from an identity hidden Internet user

They are not anti Russian their racists,only racists would have the blood lust these savage indoctrinated idiots have

I'm English dear chap,and know what racism means

You and your (anti Russia ) small following here who star each other's posts are compulsive Liars,your like children who seem to enjoy not telling the truth

Estonia knows who killled the Ukraine protesters as they mentioned it wasn't the old government but was the new government to an EU diplomat in a recorded phone conversation

The racist Ukraine fatherland party brought in a silenced assault rifle to the protest zone and killed many people blaming the former president and resulted in quick change of government and seats in the cabinet for their own members and other far right parties

That is a fact and is documented by video proof of the fatherland member and the weapon in the boot of his car

It is also on the record that BBC and Guardian reporters noticed the shots seemed to be fired from a protestor controlled hotel behind them,in no way the direction the police lines were

Estonia should come clean about the killings but is sitting on the information rather than shining a torch of truth down on this crime and getting those killed justice

This shows Estonia is not honest and also who's bed they lay in,not an Estonian bed but a western bed with a pile of cash under the mattress

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

So now you view any country who does not care for Russia, specifically those Russia occupied the last 50 years, as anti Russia regimes.

Russia occupied them for much longer btw

Baltic states experienced short independence from about 1920-1940. Before they were under russian rule like 200 years.
Same for Georgia, it just wasn't independent even from 1920-1940. How do you think Georgian Stalin would like "free Georgia " lol ?

But forget about Baltics and Georgia, they are foreign. Although Russian Government betrayed all ethnic russian minorities in all former SSRs, they seem to fight for the last - Ukraines.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Calling me a liar still doesn't make Russian a "race." As for the claim that the Estonians had any information beyond rumors planted by Russian agents, you will have to find something beyond a single phone call between two diplomats illegally recorded by the FSB!

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:22 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001
Just answer me honestly why USA from 8.000 miles away need to poke their nose to learn what is russian or ukranian etc ?
To bring "democracy" again ?
Let those countries grow slowly their own vision of democracy.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik
Just answer me honestly why USA from 8.000 miles away need to poke their nose to learn what is russian or ukranian etc ?
To bring "democracy" again ?
Let those countries grow slowly their own vision of democracy.

The problem is, Russia will not allow Ukraine to exercise its sovereignty. It becomes the United States' business when Russia interferes with its ability to engage in free trade and investment, as it is attempting to do. To put it bluntly, there are gas reserves in the Black Sea that American and European firms would like to help Ukraine to develop. This is "enlightened self interest." Russia does not want Ukraine to compete with the near monopoly it has in the European energy market. Vladimir Putin is killing Ukrainians out of greed.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:38 AM
link   

It becomes the United States' business when Russia interferes with its ability to engage in free trade and investment,

Excellent pretext for war.

Welcome to hell, my enemy.
youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: kitzik

It becomes the United States' business when Russia interferes with its ability to engage in free trade and investment,

Excellent pretext for war.

Welcome to hell, my enemy.
youtu.be...

Actually, it has been one of the principle causes of war throughout history.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join