It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia 'abducts' Estonian officer after Obama says US will defend Estonia

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
No, the American people must deal with the Zionist lunatics controlling the US government. This is starting to get serious. I guess America is tired of bombing muslims so now it's time to move on to greener pastures. It just isn't worth it. The people will have to stop it and hold the elite resource thieves responsible. Arrest warrants for them all before they get us all killed.

Good grief, why does this comment have so many stars? It's insane. "Zionist lunatics"??? WTF????

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 04:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Britguy
There you go again with that "Russia invaded Ukraine" nonsense,

They did

please provide all the available satellite imagery showing this invasion force. Show us the bombed out cities, the hundreds of tanks rolling across the land, the hundreds of armoured personnel carriers, the hundreds of support vehicles, the aerial bombardment and helicopter gunships providing cover for this invasion.

Imagery was released - you guys ignored it. So demanding me to provide something already released is counter productive.

How about you show me how Russia has not invaded Ukraine.

Hell, even the OSCE observers say they have seen no indication of Russian movement across the border!

Incorrect -
www.osce.org...

KAMENSK-SHAKHTINSKY, Russian Federation, 3 September 2014 - The Observer Mission (OM) is operating at full capacity. Cross-border traffic flow remained steady at both Border Crossing Points. However, the OM observed a clear reversal in the flow of people crossing the border (more people exiting the Russian Federation into Ukraine). The OM observed an increased military activity principally of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) in the vicinity of the Border Crossing Points. The OM heard considerable artillery detonations from the Donetsk Border Crossing Point.

Lets look at the breakdown -

Cross-border movements common to both Border Crossing Points

The profile of the people crossing the border remains unchanged and can be categorized as follows:

Families on foot or by car with a lot of luggage;
Elderly people with few bags;
Adults (usually of younger age) with no luggage or empty cars;
People wearing military-style clothes with or without backpacks.

Throughout the week, the OTs noticed a net increase of young people (both men and women) wearing military-style dress crossing the border in both directions but did not observe any weapons among these groups.

However, on the other side, there are organized places where they receive weapons, ammunition and equipment and are dispatched to their assigned areas on the Ukrainian side. Upon return, they hand over weapons, ammunition and other military equipment and cross back into the Russian Federation. In the case of Gukovo, there is even a firing range to calibre the newly-received weapons before continuing to the frontlines. As described in previous reports, on a daily basis OTs hear such range-like shootings on Ukrainian territory at a short distance from the Gukovo Border Crossing Point.

The current ceasefire seems to have been nothing more than a lie by Porky Poroshenko, as his forces have continued shelling areas, and I am sure Obama gave him his marching orders to carry on with everything at the NATO summit.

They have not been able to determine where the artillery is coming from. Both sides are blaming each other. However the rebels have broken these cease fires previously.

Why no mention of the Poroshenko government sending in the riot ploice to clear away the remaining protesters a few weeks ago, those who were asking where was all the change that had been promised. Or, the protests by women against the forced conscription of their sons and husbands, or the massive desertion rates among Ukrainian conscripted forces? Oh, the BBC / FOX / CNN and, above all, Obama and NATO didn't report it, so it must all be lies by Pro-Russian sympathizers!

Remove protestors? Like Putin did with the protests in Moscow? Or how he labeled the Russian mothers group as a "foreign agent" when they demanded answers about their dead kids killed in Ukraine and secretly buried?

I have said it before, and I will say it again, for someone posting on what is generally accepted as an alternative news / conspiracy site, you sure do like to promote the "official" line on these things and parrot the MSM garbage!

No agenda - just facts

With this said maybe you can refute the information provided instead of ranting about things not being discussed.
edit on 7-9-2014 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 05:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Britguy

There you go again with that "Russia invaded Ukraine" nonsense, please provide all the available satellite imagery showing this invasion force.

Well was Crimea not part of Ukraine before Putin sent troops into there, also known as an invasion.

Here let's see if this helps...When a sovereign country has part of it taken by force then annexed it would be considered an invasion.

And Crimea was taken by force, and nobody has to die for something to be taken by force just in case you decide to say no casualties happened.

How about pics such as these...

And there are many more,but in case you say they were already there...Putin admits sending troops to Crimea.

Russian President Vladimir Putin said Thursday that Russian forces had been deployed to Crimea last month to support local defense teams, the first time he has admitted such involvement by Russia.

www.businessinsider.com/putin-admits-troops-crimea-2014-4

And we have video confirmation from Putin himself...

So they in fact invaded Ukraine.

The current ceasefire seems to have been nothing more than a lie by Porky Poroshenko, as his forces have continued shelling areas, and I am sure Obama gave him his marching orders to carry on with everything at the NATO summit.

And it appears it is because the separatists decided to pull off some attacks after the ceasefire took effect.

All the units of the forces have strictly obeyed the supreme commander’s order and observed the ceasefire since 18:00 (19:00 Moscow time), September 5, he said.
The situation on the whole became calmer in the zone of the Kiev military operation after the ceasefire was declared, but some provocations from the militia side were reported overnight, he said.
The official said fire was opened on positions of Ukrainian troops for ten times after 19:00, September 5. Nobody was hurt.

en.itar-tass.com...

And then we have this...

Ukrainian government forces came under artillery fire late on Saturday near the strategic port of Mariupol in eastern Ukraine, in the first serious violation of a ceasefire declared only about 30 hours earlier. The presidents of Russia and Ukraine had earlier said the ceasefire, part of a peace road-map intended to end five months of conflict, was largely holding across eastern Ukraine, where Kiev's forces have been battling pro-Russian separatists.

A Reuters reporter heard prolonged artillery fire late on Saturday to the east of Mariupol, a key flashpoint in the past week of fighting, and then saw a truck, a gas station and an industrial facility ablaze within the limits of the city. The reporter also saw trucks rushing eastwards conveying agitated-looking pro-government militia volunteers. Tanks and armoured personnel carriers also headed in the same direction.

www.dnaindia.com...

But of course this is all a lie right?

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

The cease fire reminds me of the cease fires Hamas demands. The pro Russians get their butts handed to them, a cease fire occurs, allowing men and material to reach the rebels, where they pick right back up where they left off.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:20 AM
link   
dude with a jewish surname kohver is not Estonian surname . he youtu.be... tourist? my friend you need to wash a headlights
edit on 7/9/14 by mangust69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:28 AM
link   
It was a setup, Russian special operation to capture an Estonian counter-intelligence officer. He was lured to Estonian-Russian border by a man claiming to have information to trade.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:41 AM
link   
a reply to: mangust69 It is an Estonian surename "Kohver" translated to english is "Suitcase"

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 07:57 AM
link   
a reply to: oliver00120 Do not tell my slippers, I served in the Soviet Army in Estonia 88-90 yiddish cover קאָהווער

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The cease fire reminds me of the cease fires Hamas demands. The pro Russians get their butts handed to them, a cease fire occurs, allowing men and material to reach the rebels, where they pick right back up where they left off.

Somewhat like what happened during the humanitarian aid convoy.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bassago

Right, so Obama reassures Estonia that the US and NATO will protect them from the Russians. Then the Russians run across the border and kidnap an intelligence agent and drag him back to Russia. Okaay.

I can just see the Estonian officers marching orders on that one.
    "Your sacrifice is for the motherland, the US will save you."

If that doesn't stink I don't know what does.

Seems some what odd that Russian security new exactly where to find the Estonian officer, almost as if they were also called to his location. Maybe the officer was in possession of important information and Russia knew this ?. Then again, this could all be a mistake and after a chat with Russian officials he'll be returned, or then again, maybe he'd prefer to stay in Russia and wear a different uniform.

Think of it like this,,The Estonian would not be the first nor last person working for some one else.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: OpenMindedRealist
a reply to: OptimusCrime

I wish I shared your confidence in China staying out. What you say is true, but at the end of the day it's not about who has more currency in the bank. It's about who controls the most land and resources.

China and Russia together would make for an alliance to be reckoned with.

Since you make this point I add this , and you can follow the lead if you wish to learn more ..

In June of this year there was talk by the members of S.C.O. of a possible merger of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation with the Collective Security Treaty Organization..this would almost certainly lead to the creation a fully fledged Military Alliance.

Just something to think about.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:11 AM
link   

- Do you actually believe what you`re posting ?

- Do you think it makes any difference what you`re posting ?

I`m really curious of your answers about those two questions.

I had my suspicions you don`t believe what you post, so I asked if you could validate it by answering two simple questions and twice now you have refused to stand behind your claims by not confirming you do.

Any normal person just would have simply answered "I believe what I post." Only if one doesn`t want to stand behind what he posts he doesn`t answers those questions.

This proves you`re deliberately spewing crap, which only can mean you`re pushing an agenda.

And despite your mini rant in another thread...

Because its the only way they can drag the topic to something other than the facts they cant refute. They would rather blame anything and everything while making baseless accusations against those who don't share their love of Putin.

Engage the topic and let them whine about everything else on their own. The more we sink to their level the more we bury the important and relevant information.

...it`s relevant for people who read these topics to know who`s pushing an agenda in these matters.

And don`t bother, by answering the questions now, to try to cover your ass, you`re too late with it.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

Yup.. attack the person because you cannot refute the facts.

You have anything on topic?

Like the possibility the guy was in Estonian territory and Russia kidnapped him as leverage?

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

The fact Putin is Stalin ?

Already explained it was on topic about Russia/Ukrainian topics, see last post.

"Possibility" is a fact now ?

See, not so difficult to answer questions.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: bjarneorn
The US is making up an incident, that will allow it to further on Ukranian incident ...

That's one long-winded, condescending rant you made there. No need for me to pick apart all the inaccuracies. The above quote reveals your bias and ignorance on the matter.

Russia admitted to capturing and detaining the Estonian officer.

It was mentioned on the first page, if not the OP. You are free to say what you want per T&C, but do yourself a favor and read before posting next time.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 12:31 PM
link   
None of us know what happened, but, I am sure we have experts here that have lots of facts blaming Russia.

Curious why a static border guard has that much money on him.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: jajaja
None of us know what happened, but, I am sure we have experts here that have lots of facts blaming Russia.

How do you know he did? Russia kidnaps a guy, says they found x, y, and z with him. And they've provided their own evidence, it's like when cops plant drugs.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

originally posted by: jajaja

How do you know he did? Russia kidnaps a guy, says they found x, y, and z with him. And they've provided their own evidence, it's like when cops plant drugs.

True, just like American police plant evidence regularly, I supose we need a satellite photo from NATO to confirm this.

Somebody get Marie Harf to check twitter.

edit on 7-9-2014 by jajaja because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: jajaja

True, just like American police plant evidence regularly, I supose we need a satellite photo from NATO to confirm this.

Well that would be nice, but even if you were shown those you would say they aren't real, just as many who back the Russian side have done on more than one occasion.

And cops don't plant evidence regularly, but I take it your not from the US so this must happen alot wherever you live.

Believe it or not bad cops are everywhere, but a few bad bananas don't ruin the whole bunch.

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: tsurfer2000h
a reply to: jajaja

Well that would be nice, but even if you were shown those you would say they aren't real, just as many who back the Russian side have done on more than one occasion.

And cops don't plant evidence regularly, but I take it your not from the US so this must happen alot wherever you live.

Believe it or not bad cops are everywhere, but a few bad bananas don't ruin the whole bunch.

But the good bananas don't do anything about the bad one.

Sometimes silence and inaction is also a way of showing support and approval.

edit on 7-9-2014 by jajaja because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join