It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gnome in PA? Caught on trail-cam

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Wow this one is a head scratcher. Lets start with what we know to be the case. We have a trail cam that needs a heat or motion (could be either) to activate its camera. The motion has to be of sufficent size to trigger the camera so a leaf spinning or moving will not do it. Its designed that way so hunters dont burn out batteries getting tons of empty shots. There is a delay from the time that the camera activates to the time that it begins to photo. I have picked up shots showing the hind quaters of animals moving through the field of the camera. So I think we are looking at the back of the creature as it moves away from the camera. That being established, look at teh close in frame branches and leaves. They are clearly in front of the creature and place it moving along the trail. I think we can say for a fact this is something walking the trail. So what is it? If the owner of the camera is correct and they make the creature to be 44 inches tall thats really starting to put us into a bit of a box. Its not a deer, or other 4 legged animal. We dont see the movement of 4 legs. It appears to be "someone" with something on their back. I am not seeing a hat or other "gnome" like features but I do see something small carrying something like a bag on its back. Just not sure what it is yet...

*****EDIT**** After looking at this with fresh eyes I think I can tell what this is. This is the back end of a small deer moving away from us. The white tail is raised up as it runs away giving the impression of a head and hat. The legs are tucked up or hidden as its moving so we are only seeing one or two at a time hitting the ground and making it look like a small two leg person. I think its a fawn or yearling. If you look closely you can see on its right side the curve of the leg joints.

edit on 28-8-2014 by Dragoon01 because: New thoughts

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:38 AM
link   
After looking at this again I think it`s a hummingbird

edit on 28-8-2014 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-8-2014 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I'll say it again. I've never seen a purple deer with red clothing and stick thin legs. I've never seen a bird with a purple, elongated face with a bright red body. If anyone can find a bird with a purple head and a bright red body I'd love to see it.

If it's a hoax it's a good one. If not, people see things all the time. Maybe this is one of them.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Where are the other images of the thing closer to the camera? I assume that it just didn't appear out of nowhere in that spot. Seems like there should be other images of it. Is somebody not being forthcoming, and possibly withholding images that clearly show what the thing is?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Yeahkeepwatchingme
I'll say it again. I've never seen a purple deer with red clothing and stick thin legs. I've never seen a bird with a purple, elongated face with a bright red body. If anyone can find a bird with a purple head and a bright red body I'd love to see it.

If it's a hoax it's a good one. If not, people see things all the time. Maybe this is one of them.

Your assuming that these cameras have good color reporduction. They do not. They tend to saturate the entire area of the picture. These are low grade cameras they are like woodland security cameras. You would not shoot a movie with a CCTV camera at a gas station right? Well you would not use one of these to take real good pictures. Look at the "face" area you are seeing as purple. Now look at the most distant trees. They also look purple in the picture. If that "face" is acutally a deers white tail then its going to get washed out with that overall purple color showing up in the picture. The red is because this is a fawn. A redish brown fawn, and you are only picking up the redish hue of the side of the animal.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Dragoon01

Maybe... I'll admit "fawn" is much more likely than "gnome" and photos of moving creatures from odd perspectives can result in bizarre images... but the coloring is a stretch.

True, that game cams can have whacky color... but this far off tawny, white and spots? It's a noble attempt, but a stretch in my (attempted) humble opinion.

There should be a 'best of security and game camera anomalies' thread. The "nightstalker" video of the "head on stilts" guy and the other one from Yosemite with the same guy are fav's of mine... no pareidolia there... either elaborate hoax or transients from dimension X.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:48 PM
link   
You can see if you zoom in that his "purple face" is actually a leaf facing to the right, and the two legs are just branches coming up from the plant underneath/behind the leaf...

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dragoon01

Your assuming that these cameras have good color reporduction. They do not. They tend to saturate the entire area of the picture. These are low grade cameras they are like woodland security cameras. You would not shoot a movie with a CCTV camera at a gas station right? Well you would not use one of these to take real good pictures. Look at the "face" area you are seeing as purple. Now look at the most distant trees. They also look purple in the picture. If that "face" is acutally a deers white tail then its going to get washed out with that overall purple color showing up in the picture. The red is because this is a fawn. A redish brown fawn, and you are only picking up the redish hue of the side of the animal.

The trees appear purplish in the close up photos, but in the full pictures without closeups they're brown, the leaves are green, why wouldn't the face be purple and the body be red? But with the face and "hat" there's no variation in color like the trees in the closeups. The trees are textured so the colors are varied, pinks, browns, greens. The shading, texture on the purple area of the entity looks just like a face. In the closeups, you can literally see the hat where it begins a bit above the eyes. And what looks like arms clad in long sleeves that end right above where the legs begin.

Not insulting anybody and I've considered that the face does look like a deer but everything else is just off. Yes it could most certainly be pareidolia but overall it doesn't add up either way. Has deer, bird, humanoid qualities. Or we're just seeing the front of the body. The head seems disproportionally large for a bird. A conehead too?

The cam is low grade but we're able to see bark on the trees, leaves both near and where the "entity" is. We can make out the outlines of smaller, further away trees in the distance. In the closeups there's a line where the cap begins on the forehead. Like a hairline or brim of a hat. Definitely eyes, eyelids or pronounced orbits.

Looking at the sequence of photographs, and also at the original images full size, showing the "creature" in respect to the entire scene, it seems like a tiny humanoid wearing a red colored jacket or shirt with long sleeves. Either a pointed hat the same color as its skin or long hair sticking up.

ETA: Upon a closer look, it seems the end of the face, or snout is overlapping the branch. So it's tiny and not on the ground. Those aren't leaves imo forming a face or eyes. What is this thing?
edit on 28-8-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

Parad0x: The legs can't be coming from the branch or the ground because the branch overlaps the legs. I think if you looks closely you can even see a leaf overlap the leg.
edit on 28-8-2014 by Yeahkeepwatchingme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Why does it have to be all blurry? Why?

Fake. Why do I say fake? Because so many fake pictures are blurry just to make them appear like they're not trying too hard.

But it could be an animal and somehow it's distorted?

Whatever it's, it's funny. Now, if I saw this true to life, I don't think it'd be funny anymore because it ain't normal to see this.
edit on 28-8-2014 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a .gif can take still images an unmoving back ground and an object in various locations to suggest movement creating an animation.

I see 3 people walking through the woods, one with a red shirt most likely carrying a back pack, and one in a short sleeve black shirt, and one with a greyish hoodie.

look at the animation again and it's very clearly 3 people walking single file from left to right, the order has been reversed to appear if walking towards the camera but the faces are pointing away. I don't feel like making a gif of the images reverse of what is being presented as a "Gnome" but I am sure if someone else wants to it would be the final nail to debunk this silliness.
edit on 28-8-2014 by BigBrotherDarkness because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:13 PM
link   
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

Why, then, does your attempt to 'debunk the silliness,' show a classic gnomish figure?

And the estimated height throws a spanner into your works ...unless it's a procession of quaintly attired toddlers out for their daily jaunt on remote game trails.

And really... we NEED more silliness...

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:54 PM
link   
ok this is too ridiculous to reply, but its still on the mainpage, so I will.

I love lMH, btw.

THIS IS A WHITETAIL DEER with its butt toward the cam> look at the legs...deer legs. the tail flicks up nervously, thus the dwarf hat pics. the deer's head is down and feeding.

I am not a debunker, but this is friggin ridiculous. thread closed.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: sheepslayer247
I just noticed the source piece is by Linda Moulton Howe.

Fail from the start....sorry.

She has done more than most to pull the cloak of secrecy away from taboo subjects like cattle mutilations and other things, and she has rattled more than a few cages in the FBI and the NSA, and global banking elite to boot. Her work to promote hydrogen from water for fuel really tee'd off the big banks who also own the 4 largest oil company conglomerates on the entire planet.
having said that I am sure she's made some mistakes and given plenty of ammo to the armchair peanut galleries, and to the ignorant news reporters of the status quo, but as to her contributions to the world, shes done more than most and her motives have been pure of heart.

And I think it would be far more productive to examine this particular odd happening instead of trying to debunk the whole thing based on the messenger, but then that isn't the MO of normal debunking. Normal debunking rule number 9 I think it is, is "When you can't discredit the facts of the reported phenomenon, go after the reporter of the story, or discredit the messenger".
Am I wrong about all of this?

LMH is a fricken crackpot that has absolutely no credibility and peddles crap like this just to have something to post on her website. She has done quite a bit of research on mutilations, but since she cannot explain or prove what causes them.....she says it must be aliens.

She, just like most of the crackpot ufology world, has pulled away from their nonsensical alien/ufo garbage to cover the world bank/NWO stuff because with no proof, aliens were no longer appealing to people and had to find something that kept them relevant.

And I do think it's important to address whom the messenger is. If its a known nutbag, that's a huge factor.

As far as this "odd happening".......it doesn't seem too odd. It's a bird or a deer's ass. Whatever. I don't know for sure, but to say it's a gnome? A gnome? Really?

Please. The only people that even entertain that thought are a few fries short of a happy meal.
edit on 8/28/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Dragoon01

Good catch. I have been looking at it scratching my head. Once you said it was deer running away it clicked.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: tinaballerina

Just like a camelion!

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Yes it could most certainly be pareidolia but overall it doesn't add up either way. Has deer, bird, humanoid qualities. Or we're just seeing the front of the body. The head seems disproportionally large for a bird. A conehead too?

The cam is low grade but we're able to see bark on the trees, leaves both near and where the "entity" is. We can make out the outlines of smaller, further away trees in the distance. In the closeups there's a line where the cap begins on the forehead. Like a hairline or brim of a hat. Definitely eyes, eyelids or pronounced orbits.

Looking at the sequence of photographs, and also at the original images full size, showing the "creature" in respect to the entire scene, it seems like a tiny humanoid wearing a red colored jacket or shirt with long sleeves. Either a pointed hat the same color as its skin or long hair sticking up.

I agree with your description, Yeahkeepwatchingme, and I can clearly see (but couldn't neatly draw) the orbits that you mentioned.

I decided to "play" too. The middle image is what I first saw; but then after enlarging a bit, I could almost make out a pointed nose, so decided to trace that version as well. (And, the funny bit is he looks like he might be having a wee, but why not right!)

BTW, I showed the original to a hunter friend of mine, who has been hunting for many years. He had a right belly laugh at the suggestion that perhaps it was a pheasant or a deer from behind. He would not believe in Gnomes if you paid him. However his final conclusion was that it is creature of some sort, but not one from this world - and "he would bet on a gnome over a deer, if he was a betting man".

edit on 29-8-2014 by MoonBlossom because: Spelling

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: waverlyhills
Now that's pretty weird. Do I believe in gnomes not necessarily,but I do believe that there is strange things in the world we don't understand. I think it's interesting nonetheless and makes for interesting discussion. What is especially fascinating to me besides the picture is how quickly some people jump on here and say "Nope you're wrong..really?..how stupid...etc" I wonder if these so called experts are just poised at their computers fingers at the ready..waiting to debunk and insult to prove their so called expertise.

I know the motto of Above Top Secret is Deny Ignorance, however from reading over the past few years it almost seems to me the motto has become..Believe In Nothing.

I agree, especially when they say thing like "move along", "thread closed" or "nothing to see here" with such self-important finality...way to halt discussion on a discussion forum.

I don't know about you, but personally, I am waiting for those pictures comparing leafs, pheasants, deer or ANY flora & fauna to the original images. The front facing image preferably.

"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, Than are dreamt of in your philosophy"

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Baddogma
a reply to: BigBrotherDarkness

we NEED more silliness...

Why do you think I left the gnome hat?

2nd

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Wow... What happened to ATS?? I remember logging on every day and finding so many things to explore and research that I didn't have enough time in the day to research all of the shady government dealings, projects, ancient conspiracies, etc.. and here we have this... (No offense intended to you OP it is a free country and I don't mean to insult you) but people .....IT'S A FREAKING DEER! I myself am a hunter and I look at hundreds of trail cam pics every year and as a white tail deer runs away alarmed, they put their tail up the air and bounce off into the woods which is EXACTLY what you are seeing here... and YES they can have a reddish color like that to their hair. Seriously IT... IS ... A....DEER... I for one would REALLY like to see some gnomes caught on a trail cam (no sarcasm, that would be AWESOME!)
And I don't even dismiss the possibility of various cryptozoology mythos from being very real.. this however ... is not it... sorry and fyi the "front facing image" is the deer running away from you. The tail is clearly seen as its running away and underneath the tail along the "butt" area of the deer is also white. It is used to warn other animals of a predator kind of like a flag. For the person that had their "hunter" friend tell them that is was DEFINITELY not of this world.... either he's probably never killed a deer, (or actually set up his own trail cams) or expect him to ask you join him on a "snipe hunt" sometime soon... oh, and definitely go, it's a life changing experience!

edit on 29-8-2014 by rustycage835 because: added stuff

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MoonBlossom

I dare say it's a deer, dear. See the picture below.

That wraps it up for me: a case of a camera that could not cope with the rapid motion of the white tail and the high contrast between it and the reddish/brown colour of the rest of the deer. And some typical human pareidolia that made us see eyes where there was a bud and a leaf. Note the white spot on the deers breast, which is clearly visible on the "gnome" picture. Also note that the height of such animals perfectly matches the description of the photographer.

A deer it is.

edit on 29-8-2014 by ForteanOrg because: I wanted to refine my description of what happened.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join