It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic Authority: Extremists No 'Islamic State'

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

Islam has to be judged as just another religion where the fallen human being, like the fallen humans in Christianity and Judaism, have done evil acts despite the religion telling them not to do it..

A religion is just a theory on paper how the people interpret it is on them.

Now that we have proven the liars as liars who say “Muslims never denounce terrorism”

You blame Islam for the deeds of power hungry rulers, who like the Christian power hungry rulers like Columbus, abused people in the name of God.

Islam didn’t tell them to do that.

After the wars with the Meccans, who btw persecuted Muhammad 1400 years ago when he started to preach Islam, Muhammad forgave them ALL.

No where in the Quran does it tell Muslims to act to persecute other people

Not so in the Bible where it cleary tells the Jews they can rape and pillage since they are God’s chosen people.

And the Christians have followed that down the ages to the tee; remember slavery, colonialism that the third world is still affected by.

It’s Christians who murdered 10 million Africans in the Belgium Congo

Destroyed millions through slavery

Genocided the Native Americans

I could go on and on but people know the history of Christian Europe

Colonized practically ALL of the third world, all in the name of Christ in many instances.

So they were wrong as the so called Muslims who did the same thing to people were and are wrong.

I don’t blame their religion for that eventhough there are versus in the Old Testament that tell the Jews to destroy other people.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Forgave the Meccans after the rivers ran red with their blood.

And because the Meccans persecuted him be deserves to rule the world?

I'm not trying to justify Christians of Judaism or anything. They have all done some pretty terrible things along the way. Look at khan. He's just plain insane. It would take 100 threads just to digitalize the atrocities be committed but no one is trying to run around claiming ghengis Khan as a prophet of peace either..

link   

originally posted by: Variable

Just another example for the Islamaphobists out there that these so called Muslim extremists are NOT supported by Islam.

Yes, kind of like the Nazi party were in Germany were a minority? Regardless of what they became they started out as a small and violent party that rose out of dissatisfaction with the status quo. "Success breeds success", "Those who dare win", ever heard these? It may be a minority of all Muslims in the world, but what about Sunni Muslims in the middle east?

V

WOW a poignant analogy - good job

I have likened it to the Crusades, the Crusades stained Christianity forever, and ISIS will stain Islam forever.

The Muslims will have to explain this to the world for eternity and will be forever linked to the evil that ISIS is doing.

Unless it is the Muslims themselves who stop ISIS, through whatever means necessary.

If non-Muslims stop ISIS, then Muslims will be just like the Christians, being accused of the atrocities for thousands of years to come, with no absolution or forgiveness for the crimes by non-Muslims the world over, just as has happened to the Christians over the Crusades.

Just look at Willtell's post above and his blaming and hatred of Christians for long past deeds, the same is happening to Muslims over ISIS and will continue for eternity - unless it is Muslims and only Muslims who stop ISIS. Otherwise, ISIS has permanently stained Islam, Allah and Muhammad with their deeds as the world will see it. Just as Willtell sees prior deeds of people who called themselves Christians but did deeds inconsistent with the Christian faith.

edit on 2Sun, 24 Aug 2014 14:21:21 -0500pm82408pmk240 by grandmakdw because: addition

link   

stop your lies.

The contents of these Islamic libraries were copied by Christian monks in Muslim/Christian border areas, particularly Spain and Sicily. From there they eventually made their way into other parts of Christian Europe. These copies joined works that had been preserved directly by Christian monks from Greek and Roman originals, as well as copies Western Christian monks made of Byzantine works. The resulting conglomerate libraries are the basis of every modern library today.

Ibn al-Nadim's bibliography Fihrist demonstrates the devotion of medieval Muslim scholars to books and reliable sources; it contains a description of thousands of books circulating in the Islamic world circa 1000, including an entire section for books about the doctrines of other religions. Modern Islamic libraries for the most part do not hold these antique books; many were lost, destroyed by Mongols, or removed to European libraries and museums during the colonial period.

edit on 24America/Chicago0800000026 by demus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Muslims also subscribe to more then just the word of the Quran it's a 3 doctrine religion.

How bout Muhammad's dream of his followers on the inland sea commuting jihad? This has lead to the modern day Somali pirates and the first foreign war that America had to fight. The Barbary pirate wars. That's not a peaceful profit.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   

So what…Muslims were and are Human beings who are subject to self-deception and selfishness like all humans are.

Any Muslim who does what you say and claim Islam told them to do it is simply a liar and distorted of their faith.

Look at what the CHRISTIANS WERE DOING AT THAT TIME.

How can you denounce deeds Muslims did and not Christians as well and just say:
It’s because of Islam.

Islam NEVER teaches people to colonize or torture or attack people, its individual Muslims who do that not because Islam teaches them to it’s because they distort it as Christians distorted their teachings.

The Pope of Rome during the period they were genociding Native Americans claimed a Christian could take the lives and land of non Christians. Did you know that?

And you know what?

They went and did that based on what THE POPE SAID they could do as Christians.

If Muslims do similar then they like this Pope are distorting the religion to cater to their personal desires.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: demus

No, I'm not a muslim.

Yes, I've read the entire Koran, more than once, and studied it.

No, I don't need to be a muslim to understand the Koran, just like I don't need to be a weatherman to step outside and view the weather. The thing speaks for itself, just as does Mad Mo's bloody, insane history. You obviously know absolutely NOTHING of the truth of Mohammed, whether you be muslim or infidel.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: demus

Some estimates are that 10% of the books made it through the rest were burned. GEEE IM SO THANKFUL. They were attempting to wipe any knowledge but their own from the face of the earth.

The classical world was destroyed by Islamic fundamentalism and the advancements of the world were pushed back by who knows how long. The history doesn't lie. Facts are facts.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
ISIS. Will we even be talking about them in 2 years? Haven't heard a word from AlQauda in forever and they were the WORST boogieman. Well at least at the time. This just just the next boogieman.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Which has nothing to do with ISIS. Or are you just pointing out anything from Islam's past to stain them? If so....epic fail. Others here have shown the atrocities committed by other religions.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

nativeamericanews.wordpress.com...
Yesterday, thirteen Catholic groups requested that Pope Francis formally rescind the 15th century papal bulls that provided the basis for the international law Doctrine of Discovery and the legalized colonization and subjugation of most of the world by Europeans.

The request by these groups stands in solidarity with indigenous peoples’ requests to every pope since 1984 to do the same. The 13 groups call upon Pope Francis to start a new era of justice with a public declaration that formally rescinds the Dum Diversis Bull of 1452, which ordered Europeans “to capture, vanquish and subdue the Saracens, pagans and other enemies of Christ and put them into perpetual slavery and to take all their possessions and their property,” and the Inter Caetera Bull of 1493, which divided the world for Spain and Portugal to “take all lands and possessions” and to colonize and convert indigenous peoples.

READ THIS CAREFULLY!

which ordered Europeans “to capture, vanquish and subdue the Saracens, pagans and other enemies of Christ and put them into perpetual slavery and to take all their possessions and their property,”

THERE IS NO DOCUMENT IN ISLAM ANYWHERE, EVER THAT DOES ANYTHING LIKE THIS

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Yes I did know that. That's why I don't go to church.

If a Muslim kills in the name of Islam be is doing exactly as Muhammad, Muhammad's father in law, Muhammad's closest confidants. When Muhammed died did they travel the world preaching the quran?? No thy went on a 25 year blood reign murdering millions like he told then too.

Any doctoring that gives human beings the ego and hubris to go and commit atrocities is dangerous and its rampant. Only way we will ever be free of these doctrines is to see them for what they are and let them go.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Do you not know about kafir's? At Alexandria when the Muslims took over they let their goats destroy the vegetation everywhere and the second class Jewish citizens could say nothing until Alexandria was a dust all that left a big ole layer of silt in the harbor. Really interesting find in history. Il find the link from my history when I get to my CPU and link it.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Islam has to be judged as just another religion where the fallen human being, like the fallen humans in Christianity and Judaism, have done evil acts despite the religion telling them not to do it..

A religion is just a theory on paper how the people interpret it is on them.

Now that we have proven the liars as liars who say “Muslims never denounce terrorism”

You blame Islam for the deeds of power hungry rulers, who like the Christian power hungry rulers like Columbus, abused people in the name of God.

Islam didn’t tell them to do that.

After the wars with the Meccans, who btw persecuted Muhammad 1400 years ago when he started to preach Islam, Muhammad forgave them ALL.

No where in the Quran does it tell Muslims to act to persecute other people

Not so in the Bible where it cleary tells the Jews they can rape and pillage since they are God’s chosen people.

And the Christians have followed that down the ages to the tee; remember slavery, colonialism that the third world is still affected by.

It’s Christians who murdered 10 million Africans in the Belgium Congo

Destroyed millions through slavery

Genocided the Native Americans

I could go on and on but people know the history of Christian Europe

Colonized practically ALL of the third world, all in the name of Christ in many instances.

So they were wrong as the so called Muslims who did the same thing to people were and are wrong.

I don’t blame their religion for that eventhough there are versus in the Old Testament that tell the Jews to destroy other people.

What you seem to be missing here is that Islam was poison from the get go. Mohammed came up with it, a silly amalgamation of Judeo-Christianity with his own spin, and is their "prophet," and went raping and murdering and pillaging to spread his word. Jesus did no such thing to spread his word. His ADHERANTS might have later, when they came into power, but while Jesus taught his disciples to "turn the other cheek" Muhammed, the FOUNDER of Islam said "stretch out your neck so I can lop your head off, since you won't convert..."

Humans are fallible, but to compare the genesis of each religion to later violent outcomes is wrong. Humans bastardized the teachings of Jesus to suit their own power plays over others. Islam was bastardized from the start, invented and spread by a murderer, who encouraged others to join him. Hardly a valid comparison.
edit on 24-8-2014 by Gozer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: shapur
a reply to: Swills

Everyone is against Isis how can they not be,i mean can you imagine a country actually in favor of ISISM!...Yet some still support and finance them and for some ODD reason all the nations in the world together are unable to confront and discharge this bunch of rooky actors...Give me a break!

I could be wrong, but I think it is because they terrorize people into compliance.

The people who live in the areas they persecute are large in number but not in the courage that is needed to risk death to save their families.

Also, the Islamic State IS claims to be doing the will of Allah, the will of Muhammad and doing it all for Islam.

I think Muslims in the region, who are the only ones who can really stop them, may fear going against someone saying they are doing the will of Allah, just in case it is true, after all it is in the Koran to kill people who will not convert just as Muhammad personally beheaded hundreds who refused to convert. (edit: I was wrong Muhammed did not do it personally: Hijra year 5 (627 AD), on the orders of Prophet Muhammad, almost nine hundred Jews of a Medinan tribe named Banu Qurayza were massacred by Muslims. The killing began early in the day, ending in torchlight.)

I don't see powerful Muslim countries mobilizing their armies against them, like Saudi Arabia, etc. because I really think they want non-Muslims to stop ISIS because of ISIS claim on Islam. But they are not seeing the bigger and eternal picture.

The eternal stain in Islam in the eyes of the world, the eternal stain on Allah and Muhammad in the eyes of the entire world. They would rather keep their hands clean right now of stopping their fellow Muslims and by doing so are despoiling the reputation of Muslims world wide.

edit on 2Sun, 24 Aug 2014 14:36:44 -0500pm82408pmk240 by grandmakdw because: retraction

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Gozer

Actually I believe that Jesus is considered a prophet in Islam.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

This isn't the next "boogieman", it is the father of all boogiemen. THE boogieman!

The true masterminds have been involved in this, and global Islamic terrorism since the early 1980s... They have long term plans, far beyond this current incarnation...

imo.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

But the Muslims have already committed massive amounts of atrocities.

Seriously go look for yourself. I'm seriously thinking about dropping $100 bucks for a baby sitter for the night so I can publish a thread with the list of Islamic atrocities. It's very very long. Just as long as the empires. Just as long as Asian insane midget rulers. They are just as evil as all the other evil people in this world and we need to start taking that as fact. We will never heal of we can never admit the wrong to begin with.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609
a reply to: grandmakdw

But the Muslims have already committed massive amounts of atrocities.

As have Christians and Jews in history. You going to spend any time on a thread for those? Or is this specific hate?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Sure they did, but Muhammad didn’t tell them to do that.

They acted like all past people who sought dynastic power such as the Romans, the Persians, ETC.

After Islam was established the reality that the Arabs had a new energy and would spread and become a dynastic power wasn’t Muhammad’s idea, it’s just the nature of human beings.

Muhammad didn’t even leave a successor the people voted in Abu Bakr themselves that's how the Shia, Sunni division started.

In fact Muhammad’s last sermon before he died was to warn the Arabs to behave and told them they weren’t better than anyone else.

There is no claim here that Muslims are any better than any one else.

One last point. even If Muhammad did do what you say and he didn’t, well the Bible allowed David and King Solomon to fight and conquer people in the name of Yahweh

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join