It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic Authority: Extremists No 'Islamic State'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   
bigstory.ap.org...

CAIRO (AP) — The top Islamic authority in Egypt, revered by many Muslims worldwide, launched an Internet-based campaign Sunday challenging an extremist group in Syria and Iraq by saying it should not be called an "Islamic State."

The campaign by the Dar el-Ifta, the top authority that advises Muslims on spiritual and life issues, adds to the war of words by Muslim leaders across the world targeting the Islamic State group, which controls wide swaths of Iraq and Syria. Its violent attacks, including mass shootings, destroying Shiite shrines, targeting minorities and beheadings including American journalist James Foley, have shocked Muslims and non-Muslims alike.

The Grand Mufti of Egypt, Shawki Allam, previously said the extremists violate all Islamic principles and laws and described the group as a danger to Islam as a whole. Now, the Dar el-Ifta he oversees will suggest foreign media drop using "Islamic State" in favor of the "al-Qaida Separatists in Iraq and Syria," or the acronym "QSIS," said Ibrahim Negm, an adviser to the mufti.

This is part of a campaign that "aims to correct the image of Islam that has been tarnished in the West because of these criminal acts, and to exonerate humanity from such crimes that defy natural instincts and spreads hate between people," Negm said according to Egypt's state news agency MENA. "We also want to reaffirm that all Muslims are against these practices which violate the tolerant principles of Islam."

Just another example for the Islamaphobists out there that these so called Muslim extremists are NOT supported by Islam. They are a minority supported by a minority, although some within those minority groups hold great power and wealth... looking at you Saudi.

edit on 24-8-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Swills

The vast majority of Muslims must be horrified every time these people make it to the news.

Just like when some psycho shoots up a theater and they blame me for owning a similar weapon, so too are Muslims painted with the bloody brush of mass judgement.

The only thing I would ask is that the Islamic world put forth more effort in KILLING these people. Because force is the only thing they (ISIS) understand.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Just another example for the Islamaphobists out there that these so called Muslim extremists are NOT supported by Islam.

Yes, kind of like the Nazi party were in Germany were a minority? Regardless of what they became they started out as a small and violent party that rose out of dissatisfaction with the status quo. "Success breeds success", "Those who dare win", ever heard these? It may be a minority of all Muslims in the world, but what about Sunni Muslims in the middle east?

V

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I would not comment in such threats normally, and never would I say something idiotic like S&F but this time I used both to make sure this gets attention. Good find

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Variable

90% of World's Muslims are Sunni Muslims.

go figure.

and I would like to mention that Saudi Arabia has along UK, USA, Indonesia and few other countries already put ISIS on the list of terrorist organizations.

what some people (including OP) seems don't understand is that even the extremists don't support the ISIS as it is as far from Islam as you can be.

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Go back to the beginning folks. Islam is not some religion of peace that's been driven to violence by western intervention.....

Islam is not some religion of peace that was driven to violence by the crusades...

Islam had been violently and brutally attacking The classical world for over 400 years before the Byzantine emperor asked the church for help to RETAKE lands that had been taken by the invading Arabs in 1093. 625AD-1093AD of muslim raids on the classical world then the church stepped in.

Prior to 1922 Islam attacked "kafir's" 548 times. 548 attacks that make 9/11 look like a fender bender..

I don't know who these new age "peaceful Islamist" think they are but they aren't Islamists. That's why groups like Isis whipe them out. They don't follow the true words of muhammed. The true nature of Islam is violence. A couple hour history lesson will leave you in disbelief.

For the last 24 hours I've been cramming battle after battle and century after century. Muslims really come off as some dicks lol. Not saying no one else does anything bad but damn... Islam has left a burnt scar through the history of this world.

*disclaimer* some numbers might not be perfect as I've only just begun digging but pretty confident in them.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Variable

Apples and freaking oranges. Islam is a religion almost of 2 billion followers spread out throughout the world. The Nazi's were a political party in Germany who took advantage of a beaten people.

If you don't know, the Sunni Muslims are standing against ISIS. Here's another example.

Iraq Sunni tribes take up arms against jihadists
edit on 24-8-2014 by Swills because: (no reason given)

(post by demus removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Everyone is against Isis how can they not be,i mean can you imagine a country actually in favor of ISISM!...Yet some still support and finance them and for some ODD reason all the nations in the world together are unable to confront and discharge this bunch of rooky actors...Give me a break!

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: demus

That all happened in the last 100 years. We are talking 1400 years of rivalry.

The rest you listed got what they deserved as will this current threat.

Idk how an Islam can be built in peace after who Muhammad was and the actions him and his closest relations committed. Go read up on just a few of the more recent events In turkey in the late 1800's and early 1900's

I live in Michigan and have spent a lot of time in the Dearborn area and other Detroit suburbs that are just chock full of Muslims. Great people, great food, they just have Really bad role models. I really do hope that some form of Peaceful Islam could emerge from this but if 1400 years of history tells us anything it's that Islam likes violence.

And I wasn't trying to divert. I've been reading threads and news about this Muslim conflict for my hole life. The last 10 years especially and the real in depth history was never clear. This "Darrel ifta" fella or group or whatever can deny the violence all they want but 270 MILLION dead people beg to differ. 270 million people without modern weapons.. The facts paint an undeniable picture.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Two faces. One Islam.

Don't be fooled... Again.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

you're yet to say anything on topic but nice going there with your hate-rant "info".

it is also nice to see that you are on the same page with ISIS.

what is not good for your argument is that the World Muslims are completely against ISIS as it has nothing to do with Islam.

so on one side there are Islamophobs and ISIS and on the other side Muslims and those not fooled by propaganda.

anyway, good luck with those stars; bashing Islam will bring you a lots of those on ATS.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

I never bashed anything. Did I give my opinion on it once? Maybe a little when I said
They had bad role models. But beyond that its all facts.

Seriously look up the history and tell me islam isn't violence? Up until yesterday I had Zero opinion about this either way. Like I
Said I've interacted with these people a lot. Going to think twice after my little history
Cram session and continued learnings.

Seriously, on topic, this guy can deny the facts all he wants but facts are facts. Darrel needs to get his history book out and do some reading on his own religion. ISIS is acting just like the caliphates of old.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Two faces. One Islam.

Don't be fooled... Again.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

You really don’t know what you’re talking about.

It was the Muslim Moors who Historians say sparked the Renaissance while in Europe they were burning people at the stake.
www.jesusneverexisted.com...

“During the darkest of Christian centuries – the 9th and 10th – a confident, expansive Islamic empire preserved and extended much of classical knowledge. 'Enlightened' caliphs patronized art and science and encouraged the translation of classical literature. For the most part Muslim intellectuals were free to explore wide horizons and made inventions and discoveries unimagined in Christendom. Without the contribution of the Islamic world there would have been no European Renaissance; without Islamic science and technology the New World would not have been discovered.”

Join British historian Bettany Hughes as she examines a long-buried chapter of European history--the rise and fall of Islamic culture in what is now Spain and Portugal. Although generations of Spanish rulers have tried to expunge this era from the historical record, recent archeology and scholarship now shed fresh light on the Moors who flourished in Al-Andalus for more than 700 years. This fascinating documentary explodes old stereotypes and offers shocking new insights. You’ll discover the ingenious mathematics behind Granada’s dazzling Alhambra Palace, trace El Cid’s lineage to his Moorish roots, and learn how the Iberian population willingly converted to Islam in droves. Through interviews with noted scholars, you’ll see how Moorish advances in mathematics, astronomy, art, and agriculture helped propel the West out of the Dark Ages and into the Renaissance. What emerges is a richly detailed portrait of a sensuous, inquisitive, and remarkably progressive Islamic culture in Christian Europe.topdocumentaryfilms.com...

I have posted a thread where I refute the long established Lie that Fox news particularly perpetuates the mythwww.abovetopsecret.com...

“Muslims NEVER condemn terrorism”

Now that we have proved that to be a lie, the Muslim hating bigots don’t know where to go….Now they just distort history

edit on 24-8-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Isis and other FUNDAMENTAList Islamic groups ARE doing exactly as Mohammed did 1400 years ago. It's nice that some Muslims are standing up and finally saying how horrible Islam really is (without actually admitting it), but Isis truly is copying the methods of Mohammed when he "spread" his "religion." If they are saying Isis is bastardizing their religion, then their religion was a bastard to begin with, which it is, since it is essentially a re-write of the old/new testament, with the illiterate Mohammed ad libbing the rest of it as he went on his killing/raping/pillaging sprees "in the name of Allah."

Maybe Muslims need to wake up and see that their relgion isn't a religion at all, but a system of political oppression that hides behind the more dovish facade of religion. Do people even know what the word "Islam" means? Islam, literally, means "submit." The religion itself demands submission from all, or die. Isis is being faithful to the words and actions of Mohammed. I understand how hard it must be for moderate muslims to admit that, but it's the truth.

Maybe Muslims need to revaluate their entire faith and stop being jealous of the blessings given to Isaac instead of his half-brother Ishmael? Ishmael is covered in the blood of Jesus if he wants to be, same as everyone else, but instead he'd rather spill innocent blood in the name of Mohammed. The moderate Muslims are the backsliders. Isis is following Mohammed faithfully, which just goes to show you how screwy Islam is. I'm glad that Islam's 1+ billion followers aren't all like Isis/hamas/taliban...etc, but Mohammed must be very disapponted in them for not doing what he did to spread his glorious word of death 1400 years ago. Mohammed must be very proud of Isis. They are doing exactly as he did, and exactly as he commanded them to do.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Gozer

it is interesting how all of you sad bigots claim to know it all about history, history of Islam, Qur'an and Mohammad.

to the Muslims you're like little kids insisting your way is correct.

your ignorance and lack of knowledge is staggering and all of your distorted claims about Islam have been refuted; one who want to see it, can.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Your ignorance of Mohammed and the Koran are duly noted.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gozer

Your ignorance of Mohammed and the Koran are duly noted.

are you a Muslim?

have you read a Qur'an?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

Will you need to dig a little deeper because during those "golden ages" it was still hell on earth at the hands of the Muslims.

When the general of a sacking muslim army was presented with THE LARGEST LIBRARY IN TBE ENTIRE WORLD in India he was asked what shal we do? His answer "if they have any information that's in the Quran we have it, burn it, if it has information that's not in the Quran it's a lie, also burn it."

The Muslim slave trade was hellish. Spain got just railed. One of the first orders was for 3000 blonde virgins for the caliphates harem. Can you blame Isabel and Ferdinand for what they did?

No one gets out of history clean. That's not what I'm saying. I'm not trying to paint anyone better then islam at all, just showing Islam for what it is.

Seriously go watch the 548 incursions by the Islamic state into the classical world and beyond played out on a time line and tell me the golden ages were so golden. Both the Baghdad and Spain golden eras were wrought with bloodshed.

I'm not sure why they don't talk about this stuff in primary school right along Napoleon and king George.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join