It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamic Authority: Extremists No 'Islamic State'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609
a reply to: Willtell

If it says all that why have they done 1400 years of the exact opposite including the caliphs.

How old was Muhammad's wife? Wives?

I bet I can go dig out 20 ancient declarations that the church wasnt going to hurt the indigenous people either.

Actions speak louder then words and the history of Islam is wrought with action.

The thing is we're discussing modern events, not ancient history. What was posted here has NO impact on the topic. Wanna get with the 21st century, or ar we just going to stroll down this feeble street again and again?

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

This has been posted many times already to show people that Islam has been distorted down the ages as most religions have been distorted by certain people.

The problem is understandable but inexcusable in the information age.
People hear the bigots on Fox News distort reality and just accept it without research.

In 628 C.E. Prophet Muhammad (s) granted a Charter of Privileges to the monks of St. Catherine Monastery in Mt. Sinai. It consisted of several clauses covering all aspects of human rights including such topics as the protection of Christians, freedom of worship and movement, freedom to appoint their own judges and to own and maintain their property, exemption from military service, and the right to protection in war. An English translation of that document is presented below.

"This is a message from Muhammad ibn Abdullah, as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, near and far, we are with them.

Verily I, the servants, the helpers, and my followers defend them, because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah! I hold out against anything that displeases them.

No compulsion is to be on them.

Neither are their judges to be removed from their jobs nor their monks from their monasteries.

No one is to destroy a house of their religion, to damage it, or to carry anything from it to the Muslims' houses.

Should anyone take any of these, he would spoil God's covenant and disobey His Prophet. Verily, they are my allies and have my secure charter against all that they hate.

No one is to force them to travel or to oblige them to fight.

The Muslims are to fight for them.

If a female Christian is married to a Muslim, it is not to take place without her approval. She is not to be prevented from visiting her church to pray.

Their churches are to be respected. They are neither to be prevented from repairing them nor the sacredness of their covenants.

No one of the nation (Muslims) is to disobey the covenant till the Last Day (end of the world)."

I took a class on the Koran where people were forbidden from speaking ill of Islam or the Koran or speaking of politics.

What we learned was these words were written in the early years of Islam, when Muhammad had no political power.

Once he had political power, he then used the words many have quoted on this site calling for the killing of those who will not convert and himself ordering the killing of hundreds.

Imams will tell you that his writings are to be adhered to in the order in which Muhammad wrote them, so earlier writings are superseded by later writings.

That is why Muslims in the middle east, I think are refusing to step in and stop the Islamic State IS and are instead trying to get infidels to do it for them. Which might save face, and their feelings that ISIS just may be justified if you follow the rule of later writings superseded early ones.

But in refusing to ACT, the true Islamic states like Saudi Arabia who could intervene but won't, are condemning the name of Allah and Muhammad to the dogs in the eyes of the entire world for thousands of years to come.

edit on 3Sun, 24 Aug 2014 15:24:33 -0500pm82408pmk240 by grandmakdw because: bold

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

You missed the point, wasn't being insulting, for the record. Levity.

Trinity?... There is only one creator. Under him, exists only creation. The texts, words of men used in all organized religions are inherently flawed, and corruptible.

Everything any soul will ever need to guide them through this life into the next is born into this world with them. But all must choose their own paths through and be judged.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Arianism

Arianism is the nontrinitarian, theological teaching attributed to Arius (c. AD 250–336), a Christian presbyter in Alexandria, Egypt, concerning the relationship of God the Father to the Son of God, Jesus Christ. Arius asserted that the Son of God was a subordinate entity to God the Father. Deemed a heretic by the Ecumenical First Council of Nicaea of 325, Arius was later exonerated in 335 at the regional First Synod of Tyre,[1] and then, after his death, pronounced a heretic again at the Ecumenical First Council of Constantinople of 381.[2] The Roman Emperors Constantius II (337–361) and Valens (364–378) were Arians or Semi-Arians.

The Catholics beat them up pretty soundly over the years, such as they did to the pagans and Cathars

Albigensian Crusade

The Albigensian Crusade or Cathar Crusade (1209–1229) was a 20-year military campaign initiated by Pope Innocent III to eliminate Catharism in Languedoc, in the south of France. The Crusade was prosecuted primarily by the French crown and promptly took on a political flavour, resulting in not only a significant reduction in the number of practising Cathars but also a realignment of the County of Toulouse, bringing it into the sphere of the French crown and diminishing the distinct regional culture and high level of influence of the Counts of Barcelona. An estimated one million people died during the crusade.[1]

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Gozer
I'm sure the Jews feel the same exact way about Christians making Jesus the god...

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: grandmakdw

There is not a shred of truth to what you say.

If Muhammad didn't have power then why did he order around the Muslims to obey him and give the Christians reassurance.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:28 PM
link   

You must not follow current events if you think Muslims aren't fighting ISIS.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Who do you folks think the Kurds are who everybody wants to canonize now.

They are Muslims.

I hope people don't start hating on the Kurds when they realize they are Muslims too.

In fact the greatest military leader in Muslim history, the guy who beat the crap out of the Crusaders was a Kurd
Saladin

Saladin

Ṣalāḥ ad-Dīn Yūsuf ibn Ayyūb (Arabic: صلاح الدين يوسف بن أيوب‎; Kurdish: سه‌لاحه‌دین ئه‌یوبی , Selahedînê Eyûbî) (1137/1138 – March 4, 1193), better known in the Western world as Saladin, was the first Sultan of Egypt and Syria and the founder of the Ayyubid dynasty. A Muslim of Kurdish[1][2][3] origin, Saladin led the Muslim opposition to the European Crusaders in the Levant. At the height of his power, his sultanate included Egypt, Syria, Mesopotamia, Hejaz, Yemen, and other parts of North Africa.

With all due respect good people. Study your history please.

Just don’t accept all the bunk and propaganda on Fox news and a Zionist media run by Zionist who have an ulterior motive in making people hate everything Islamic or Arabic.

There is no greater denunciation of ISIS and distorted Islam like the Saudi variety, than from me (that btw started in the 16 the century and WAS NEVER AROUND AT THE TIME OF MUHAMMAD)

edit on 24-8-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Where are these countries? They all have Islam as their state religion, they are the one and only states that can fight and stop ISIS with any type of authority that will not leave Islam stained with the blood of ISIS for eternity throughout the world.

Islam (non-denominational)
Main article: Non-denominational Muslim

Bangladesh (Section 2A of the 1972 constitution specifies, "The state religion of the Republic is Islam, but other religions may be practiced in peace and harmony in the Republic."[30])
Djibouti[31]
Iraq
Pakistan[32]
Palestine[33]

Sunni Islam

Afghanistan
Algeria
Brunei
Comoros
Egypt
Jordan
Libya
Maldives
Malaysia
Mauritania
Morocco
Qatar
Saudi Arabia
Somalia
Tunisia
United Arab Emirates

Shiʾa Islam

Iran (theocracy)

Ibadi

Oman

Mixed Shia and Sunni

Kuwait
Yemen (Zaydi fiqh among Zaydi Shias)
Bahrain

No other country can or should intervene because they are considered evil infidels, especially the great satan (US) because their intervention will only justify more violence on the part of ISIS.

It is only the Muslims who can do this so the name of Muhammad is not fed to the pigs by ISIS for thousands of years to come in the eyes of the entire world.
edit on 3Sun, 24 Aug 2014 15:33:04 -0500pm82408pmk240 by grandmakdw because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Swills

You must not follow current events if you think Muslims aren't fighting ISIS.

The countries, the governments who have Islam as their state religions and who have armies at their disposal, and weapons that would wipe out ISIS very quickly, are not fighting, they are hiding behind the veils.

There are individual groups fighting.

But these groups are so small in number and so apparently abandoned by good Muslims except in words as to be just fodder for the Islamic State IS blood lust and serial killing.

edit on 3Sun, 24 Aug 2014 15:37:09 -0500pm82408pmk240 by grandmakdw because: spellling

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Most of those countries you named are ALL practically on good terms with the west and America.

Also, though most of them were colonized by one of the Western powers

Syria, Iraq, Kurds, Jordon, Iran, soon I hope Turkey are all Muslim countries.

edit on 24-8-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Assumptions not based in reality. ISIS has been and continues to fight Muslims. That's who they've always been fighting against... and also killing other folks from different religions.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

Most of those countries you named are ALL practically on good terms with the west and America.

Also, though most of them were colonized by one of the Western powers

I don't care who they are on good terms with.

They have an obligation to stop the name of the God of their state religion from being eternally stained in the eyes of the world , and they are asking the west to do it. That is shameful at best and cowardly at worst

I also don't care who ISIS is killing, Christians, other Muslims, they have turned the name of their most sacred prophet into a symbol of serial killing, blood lust, and the torture and slaughter of innocents. The true Islamic (state religion) countries, and their armies are the only ones who can restore the honor of Islam and Allah and Muhammad. This can not be done by infidels or the great satan or the name of Allah is forever linked to this horror.

edit on 3Sun, 24 Aug 2014 15:43:42 -0500pm82408pmk240 by grandmakdw because: added sentence

edit on 3Sun, 24 Aug 2014 15:45:02 -0500pm82408pmk240 by grandmakdw because: clarity

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   
i have been saying this for a while.....they are committing atrocities under the name of Islam and yet everything they are doing goes against the Quran..Not that i am follower and supporter of Islam I am not. Nor do i consider Islam a religion of peace. But that is beside the point...

The issue I have here is you thinking IS is only a minority so they are not a big problem. It is a known fact that IS is a branch of Muslim Brotherhood. There are 1.5 billion Muslims world wide of those 6-15% support the Brotherhood...how many Muslims then by default supports IS roughly 80,000-300,000 ! That is not a small number by far...

This minority is also pressuring other Muslims to do exactly as they say or die!! Here is your threat!! How many are converting because they want to fight along side IS? Thousands world wide maybe hundreds of thousands in the days to come! Here is your threat! How many did Hitler convince to form the NAZI party in 1919? One hundred men..

the history place

By the time of the dissolution the party had 8.5 million members but Germany had a population of 70 million making the number of members of the Nazi party 12% of all Germans. That 12% went on to murder over 6,000,000 men, women and children.

answers
.com

Perhaps instead of worrying if Muslims are being insulted they need to pour their energy into stopping these "Pirates of the Caribean look a ikes" before Islam as they know it is a thing of the past.

Can we just have some priorities for once!!

pax
edit on 8/24/2014 by paxnatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Earlier in my life you would never hear of a widely known organization calling other muslims out...

Now they are, its a first step, if they follow through on some of their threats against mecca for example you will see them go from calling them out to burning their house down after they have been locked inside.

Do not forget, the vast majority of muslims don't care if you worship differently... they just want their families to be safe and to raise the kids in peace.
edit on 24-8-2014 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Earlier in my life you would never hear of a widely known organization calling other muslims out...

Now they are, its a first step, if they follow through on some of their threats against mecca for example you will see them go from calling them out to burning their house down after they have been locked inside.

Do not forget, the vast majority of muslims don't care if you worship differently... they just want their families to be safe and to raise the kids in peace.

I don't disagree with anything you are saying.

I am just trying to make Muslims aware that ISIS is to Islam, as the Crusades were to Christianity. And the Muslims CAN stop it and the thousands of years of disparagement that come with a stain on a religion like this one; with just the armies from countries whose state religion is Islam if they really wanted to.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Yes they are muslims... that don't care if you worship differently, or look differently..#1 on their list of important personal traits.. are you a Kurd and will you defend Kurdistan.

Everything else from what I have read, shows them to be very tolerant, very open... they just want their own piece of land and to be left alone.

After the Treaty with Turkey, they had that goal in sight till IS showed up..so they have to fight more.. no biggie they have been fighting for what hundreds of years.

I for one wish them the best, if I had helicopter experience I would be checking to see if they could use me.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Yes they are muslims... that don't care if you worship differently, or look differently..#1 on their list of important personal traits.. are you a Kurd and will you defend Kurdistan.

Everything else from what I have read, shows them to be very tolerant, very open... they just want their own piece of land and to be left alone.

After the Treaty with Turkey, they had that goal in sight till IS showed up..so they have to fight more.. no biggie they have been fighting for what hundreds of years.

I for one wish them the best, if I had helicopter experience I would be checking to see if they could use me.

Why aren't the other Islamic states with real armies standing with the tiny Kurds,
because the Kurds are fierce? or look different? or worship differently?

No because they are cowards
who want the west to fight their battles for them

rather than clear the name of Muhammad from being called (accused of being) genocidal, cruel
and an example of what a religion should not be, because of the acts of the Islamic State IS.

That is exactly what will happen if the real Islamic armies hide in terror and ask the infidels (the west) to do their work and stop the Islamic State IS.

edit on 4Sun, 24 Aug 2014 16:44:21 -0500pm82408pmk240 by grandmakdw because: highlight

edit on 4Sun, 24 Aug 2014 16:46:43 -0500pm82408pmk240 by grandmakdw because: clarity

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

You have no idea about Islam... Your opinion is about as credible as Answering Islam... If you don't like what your seeing in the Middle East then ask your intelligence agencies to stop weaponizing psychopaths. With that, taking weapons and forming alliances with the enemy is against Islam. ISIS are not Islamic and if you knew anything about Islam to begin with you wouldn't write half the crap you already have.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Any Country who have defense pacts or alliances with Western Nations or do not base their political system around Islamic Law are not Islamic... They are just as bad as ISIS and too attack ISIS would be like attacking their own... That is why you see many So-Called Leaders of Islamic nations doing nothing.. They are probably the ones keeping the ISIS assault running.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join