It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking : Earthquake Rocks Northern California

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:35 AM
link   
No we had a 6.9 yesterday in Ayacucho,Peru! Today we just had another one in a Arequipa, Peru! His is very strange! The national guard and authorities are urging the people to prepare a book bag with a portable radio some med kits kits, tools and basic foods also make sure we know the safe locations, in case of another big one .... This is very worrying . reply to: Vasa Croe

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I just happened to be at work in a Boiler room at Queen of the Valley hospital in Napa. I ran like crazy to the potential explosion shaking with the earth, and tripped the burner. I spent the rest of the night outside and on the way out of Napa towards home I got to see the apocalyptic power line explosion of electricity haha.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lotlatino
No we had a 6.9 yesterday in Ayacucho,Peru! Today we just had another one in a Arequipa, Peru! His is very strange! The national guard and authorities are urging the people to prepare a book bag with a portable radio some med kits kits, tools and basic foods also make sure we know the safe locations, in case of another big one .... This is very worrying . reply to: Vasa Croe

I will keep my eyes out on this area....hopefully everyone stays safe.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

OMG! Are we okay? I just woke up in Cali, somebody tell me
what's up? I just looked outside to the North and nothing is glowing.
But there's a lot of sirens in the distance. Wait a minute, I'm in So.Cal
I always wake up to sirens.
edit on Ram82514v47201400000009 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: gortex

OMG! Are we okay? I just woke up in Cali, somebody tell me
what's up? I just looked outside to the North and nothing is glowing.
But there's a lot of sirens in the distance. Wait a minute, I'm in So.Cal
I always wake up to sirens.

Huh? The quake happened a couple nights ago. Something else happen? It is early there but I haven't seen any reports of any more quakes for today yet.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Holy crap Vasa I apologise, I been asleep for two days.
Worn out from that missing Firefighter thread.
OUI-VE!
edit on Ram82514v53201400000016 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Huh? The quake happened a couple nights ago. Something else happen? It is early there but I haven't seen any reports of any more quakes for today yet.

A couple of nights ago??? I thought this happened yesterday- Sunday the 24th? Now I am really confused...

did my family just take a long time to start reporting in with each other?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: btburnett707
I just happened to be at work in a Boiler room at Queen of the Valley hospital in Napa. I ran like crazy to the potential explosion shaking with the earth, and tripped the burner. I spent the rest of the night outside and on the way out of Napa towards home I got to see the apocalyptic power line explosion of electricity haha.
It looked like a lightning storm.. Glad you are safe!
edit on 8/25/2014 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   
#%$! Mobile ATS..

edit on 8/25/2014 by clay2 baraka because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: btburnett707

Was there a lot of damage in the neighborhood around that hospital? I haven't been able to reach my parents who live right next to Queen of the Valley Hospital.....

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

Early Sunday morning, so not last night but the night before. My wife was in San Fran on business. It shook her hotel like crazy and woke her up. She came home yesterday and couldn't stop talking about it. We don't get any real quakes in Atlanta so it was a shocker for her.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:36 AM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

The earthquake was in Northern Calidornia, centered in Napa. Not Southern California

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

No, most damage is downtown. It's the pre 1950's houses and buildings that took the worst hit. I live in downtown Napa in a 1930's building, Napa was suggesting evacuating pre 1950's homes downtown yesterday. The homes in North Napa around the Queen are newer.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
a reply to: ujustneverknow

Thanks! Power is back on! Can't watch the news because the television was annihilated. It's funny, when something like this happens where you live, you feel cut off from info. There was press and news helicopters out all day yesterday I heard the helicopters again this morning about 6am.

Yesterday I couldn't call out on my cell because of the quake, so I texted my parents to call PG&E because we smelled gas badly. My parents live in Northern California close to Oregon. They were constantly sending updates via text so we had some clue about what's going on. I feel cut off, need to buy a new tv.

Damage to the entrance of my friends apartment, wild:

edit on 25-8-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I live in Concord, which is about 60 or so miles from the Napa area, it woke me and the wife up. At first I thought it was the dog, when she scratches and lays against the bed the whole thing shakes. However, we have a hanging plant in the room and it was going side to side at a pretty good clip. It lasted for about 25 or 30 seconds. Funny thing, the dog never woke up and the cat slept through the whole thing. Not bad enough here to set off car alarms or anything though. Big difference from the quake of '89. I was watching the battle of the bay when it hit, now THAT was a big mother. We stood up to find a good place to get out and could barely keep our feet for over a minute.

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Thank God no deaths! As a Christchurch NZ girl, I understand about how depth and soil quality can make an earthquake far worse than just its size... all of Christchurch folk I'm sure send our love and thoughts to you all! reply to: Jennyfrenzy

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: NZwonder

Thank you! They are quite frightening, right! When I saw that it was only a 6.1 I was shocked because it felt way bigger than that, still not sure how many seconds it was, I'll take a guess at between 15-20 seconds.

Our little community has really pulled together and the response from city and service officials was excellent.

There was a 13 year old that was airlifted to UC Davis (one of the best local hospitals) after a fireplace fell on him. Poor little guy. I also read about a guy that was sleeping on the floor of his friends house and woke up when a 25 gallon fish tank fell on his head and cracked his skull. Thankfully no deaths and very few major injuries!

Inspectors will be going house to house to determine if residences are still considered habitable. I'm scared mine won't be and we will have to move along with hundreds of other Napkins (that's what local Napa people call ourselves, Napkins lol.) If that happens, finding a place to live may become difficult. If we have to move to my mother in laws, well...I just might have a breakdown.

edit on 25-8-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
We just had another small quake in Napa, nothing knocked over but there was a rumble and a shake....

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Finally a few decent size Aftershocks.

3.9 USGS

3.0 USGS

Not many above 2's i have seen since the 6.0 that i noticed.

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Briefcase

Read the post below it...he linked a definition.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join