It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking : Earthquake Rocks Northern California

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   
a reply to: shrevegal

I heard it was a boy and thought this (below) was an update - just came over breaking news. Hope that's it as far as serious injuries go. Good news in this case anyway.

Update: The 13-year-old boy who was in critical condition following the earthquake is now listed in serious condition #napaquake

mobile.twitter.com...

edit on 24-8-2014 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

edit on 24-8-2014 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Sorry Loam, didnt mean that to go to you specifically.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   
6.0 isn't too bad.
Fracking! Right? Oh.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: 1Providence1

live in santa rosa, just west of it. thought i was having a dizzy spell at first. then i noticed the bed was slightly cork screwing, the shower doors were clanging, and the tress outside our window looked like a hurricane was blowing out side. power went out for two hours.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Maluhia Thanx Maluhia, I guess the serious condition is a little bit better and an upgrade and kinda good news...I hope the lil fellow keeps recovering and we hear better and better news about him until at last, the lil bugger can be running around and playing ball with his friends and as good as new! I just hope and pray NO more quakes for the area already. I feel sorry for any of those folks that got hurt and it just had to be scary as all heck! Thanx and hugs.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   
When I first heard about it, I thought 6,0 isn't that bad... we Californians get sort of blasé about earthquakes.

But my goodness, all my family lives in the Bay area and Napa, and they have such serious structural damage to their homes!! Everyone put up pictures- their furniture looks like it was just thrown around, everything broken....
It really is incredible!

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:36 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I live in Napa, what a day! This morning at 3:21 we were awoken by a massive earthquake, it was the biggest one I've felt. It felt bigger than the 1989 Loma Prieta. The house felt like it was going to tip over, and the sound an earthquake makes is super scary.

We lost our TV, paintings, pictures and precious items attached to priceless memories. All in all we are lucky. My husband and I held eachother through the entire quake, it was comforting. We're ok, pets ok, family ok and friends are ok. Our house is still standing and we are alive. In the dark, but alive!

Service is shotty, still have no power. Cross your fingers there's not another one. I'm concerned there haven't been many aftershocks.

I have tons of pic from the adtermath insode my house and around town. I'll post when my wifi is back up.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluesma

It was a shallow quake and felt much bigger. My town is in crumbles.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:39 PM
link   
a reply to: ItCameFromOuterSpace

Let me tell ya! It was bad!!! It was less than 6 miles from my house and shallow. It felt much bigger than 6.0.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

You and your husband stay safe.

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jennyfrenzy

It was a shallow quake and felt much bigger. My town is in crumbles.

No kidding! My cousin put up some pics of downtown, and the buildings are a mess! My sister works in a grocery store in Napa, and it won't be opened up for a while, it is completely wrecked! Glad you are okay!

The fact that you haven't been feeling much in the way of aftershocks is disconcerning....

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Found some wifi

Losses

Bedroom destruction, covered the dresser with a blanket in case we started shakin again.

This is our front hall, one of my cats sleeps here right next to the bookcase. After the quake we could only find one of our cats. I stared digging through the pile of books, sure I was going to find one of my kitties under there. Luckily she was hiding under the couch. Both cats safe

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

There was one immediately following the 6.0 and then another small one, that we've felt. USGS is showing a few smaller ones but the feeling in the town is pretty concerned. Evacuations have been suggested for my part of town in pre 1950's houses. Mine is 1930's. We are staying though, the only other option is hotel or mother in laws.

We had a 3.8 about a week ago and I put all my antiques away, just in case. I put them all back out yesterday and they're all destroyed! I told my husband he needs to listen to his wife when I "feel" these things. I've been telling everyone we are going to have a quake for about a week.

a reply to: beezzer

Thanks Beez!
edit on 24-8-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Around the city of Napa:

Press and the constant sound of helicopters:

First St:

Damage:

Side of the Firefighters Museum:

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I live fifteen miles from the epicenter, and it was a doozy ( biggest one I've felt since '89). As a life-long Californian, earthquakes do not startle me, but it was a first for my Midwestern wife and two young children. As it happened, she ran for the kids, but I just woke up and said, "earthquake!". We settled the kids, cleaned the broken glass, and left the rest of the stuff that fell down for this morning. California has retrofitted so much since the '89 quake that it is actually quite safe here.

Napa (twenty minutes from my house) got hit pretty hard, but damage is not near what it would have been if the epicenter was San Francisco.

Shake, rattle, and roll...

posted on Aug, 24 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1
a reply to: loam

I was watching the youtubers that follow this stuff. They are saying that a couple of days ago, a M8 solar flare, followed by a Massive Coronal Mass Ejection (CME) was earth directed.

We were hit with the first of the CME yesterday, which they are saying caused the Peruvian and Napa quakes, and it will grow in intensity and strength over the next couple of days. They are expecting the pressure from the CME to cause more major Earthquakes, all around the ring of fire.

So, according to the youtubers, "Major Earthquake Warning in Effect over the next few days"

I dont want to argue weather they are qualified to know any of this, just passing along the info.

www.youtube.com...

perhaps, we will find out soon if there is a connection

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Jennyfrenzy

Glad you're all ok

I've been watching for aftershocks all day , then the 7.0 in Peru....
If I said I wasn't worried I'd be lying , thank you for all the info and pics , be safe !

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Be safe everyone!

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:28 AM
link   
WOAHHHHH guys we just had another earthquake in Arequipa, PERU of 4.3 magnitude ....... Something is definitly wrong, are there going to be more?

posted on Aug, 25 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lotlatino
WOAHHHHH guys we just had another earthquake in Arequipa, PERU of 4.3 magnitude ....... Something is definitly wrong, are there going to be more?

Wow...looks like it was a 6.9. Is that normal for your area?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join