It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama signs $8.7 billion food stamp cut into law

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: macman

I am one of the hardest workers you will ever meet.

The worst decision in my life was joining the US Navy. I enlisted with a squeaky clean record and left with an arrest record, 'Alcohol Rehab Failure' on my DD-214 and a General Discharge which means no GI Bill.

Do not try and tell me my misfortunes are all my own fault. Because of me getting screwed over by the system I have no problems collecting Food Stamps. It is the least the US government can do for me.

I did sign over my life to them.
edit on 9-9-2014 by jrod because: and

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

So it is the fault of the US Navy that you got arrested while in the service???

Was it your recruiter that forced you to do what you did, crime wise?? Maybe someone like your First Sergeant?
Oohh, what about your Lt? I bet it was his/her fault.

No wonder you are where you are at in life. Everyone else is to blame for your situation.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
, so is there a better way to get real food to the people who really need it?

Yeah create sustainable career jobs for everyone.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

First Sergeant in the Navy? Are you serious?

My command had a vendetta against DUIs so they put my head on the chopping block. Their loss more than mine. I have many shipmates and friends who have DUIs and other arrests without finding themselves in my kind situation. Truly the luck of the draw.

The United States Navy had poor leadership when I was in. I regret not joining the Marine Corps.

Keep playing the blame game!

Someone answer please this question:

What does promote the General Welfare mean to you?
edit on 9-9-2014 by jrod because: yknot

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I agree

Welfare to me is a temporary measure to help someone get back on their feet.

It should not be a lifestyle

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: jrod

First Sergeant in the Navy? Are you serious?

My command had a vendetta against DUIs so they put my head on the chopping block. Their loss more than mine. I have many shipmates and friends who have DUIs and other arrests without finding themselves in my kind situation. Truly the luck of the draw.

The United States Navy had poor leadership when I was in. I regret not joining the Marine Corps.

So, let's recap this life based chain of events.

YOU chose to join the Navy.
YOU chose to drink.
YOU chose to drive.
YOU got caught.
YOU were bounced out due to YOUR choices.
YOU are now okay with being poor, because YOU are happy.
YOU are fine with living off of others.

That about sums it up.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

And you think you would have had a better go in the Marines??

Okay then.

As for the rank structure in the Navy...never paid much attention to that. Never worked with Navy peoples while I was in.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Has little to do with what it means to me, or anyone.

What does it state within the Constitution.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Still dodging that question I see.

I have long paid for my crimes and it is unfair that I am stuck working for slave wages.

If I did not love my homeland I could simply go sell some information to the Ruskies....

I want this country to improve, obviously the USA needs to be righted. Some would argue we need a a full blown mutiny to get her on a true course again.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:52 PM
link   

That is a poor excuse for not knowing that Sergeant is not a Naval rank. I took it upon my self to learn all the ranks of all the other branches, including the Air Force.

I also took the time to memorize the Preamble to the Constitution.

No doubt in my mind that I would have done much better in the Marine Corps, or perhaps a different enlisted rate, because I would have been with like minded people.

The only reason I drank in the Navy was to be social with people I otherwise did not click with. I was surrounded by lazy people who could care less about doing their job while at work. My experience with the Marine Corps(went to A and C school side by side) is they work hard and look after their own. The Navy was full of Bravo Foxtrots if you know what I mean.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I have long paid for my crimes and it is unfair that I am stuck working for slave wages.

Yep....damn those life choices and the ramifications that come with them....*Shakes fist in the air* DAMN THEM ALL!!!!

If I did not love my homeland I could simply go sell some information to the Ruskies....

Okay Mr. Snowden. Sure sure.

I want this country to improve, obviously the USA needs to be righted. Some would argue we need a a full blown mutiny to get her on a true course again.

Yep, all because you are forced to live with the results of your choices.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:04 PM
link   

That is a poor excuse for not knowing that Sergeant is not a Naval rank. I took it upon my self to learn all the ranks of all the other branches, including the Air Force.

And that means what to me exactly??

I also took the time to memorize the Preamble to the Constitution.

Good for you.
Can you take that dedication and apply it to other aspects in life....like furthering a career perhaps?? Or is memorizing items like that, which has yet to provide anything stating that there is to be Govt based welfare, a better use of your time.

No doubt in my mind that I would have done much better in the Marine Corps, or perhaps a different enlisted rate, because I would have been with like minded people.

Like minded??? Like those that chose DUI?

The only reason I drank in the Navy was to be social with people I otherwise did not click with.

SO yet another excuse as to your actions in life.
Is it at any point ever your fault?

I was surrounded by lazy people who could care less about doing their job while at work.

So you chose to drink and socialize with these people??? And they caused you to get the DUI?

My experience with the Marine Corps(went to A and C school side by side) is they work hard and look after their own. The Navy was full of Bravo Foxtrots if you know what I mean.

And Marines don't stand for people that make excuses why they could or couldn't do something. Yeah, I don't see you fitting in.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

originally posted by: [post=18392888]jrod

Yep, all because you are forced to live with the results of your choices.

My choices have nothing to do with the direction the USA is heading.

What branch were you in?(if you were even in the military)

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

My choices have nothing to do with the direction the USA is heading.

Never said it was.
Your just mad because your life choices have you in a situation that you take no responsibility for, thus blame the current standing of the US.

What branch were you in?(if you were even in the military)

You tell me. You must have my DD-214 on hand, to make certain statements.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

Has little to do with what it means to me, or anyone.

What does it state within the Constitution.

The Preamble to the United States Constitution is arguably the most important part of it. Amazing that you blindly took at oath to protect and defend the Constitution of the United States of America with your life without ever taking the time to read the Preamble.
edit on 9-9-2014 by jrod because: 2 pages of Macman playing the blame game instead of answering a simple question

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

So you have my DD-214 and know my understanding of such things, or what I have or have not read. Man.....you really are a person of such wonderful gifts.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

edit on 9-9-2014 by jrod because: 2 pages of Macman playing the blame game instead of answering a simple question

I shall cry in the corner now.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Since my girlfriend and her girlfriend are both sleeping, I am going to walk across the street to the beach and check things out.

No leads on any work in my online search today, I worked yesterday for my brother making slave wages. Hopefully I can find a someone who wants a surf lesson for some extra cash.

Life is what we make of it, the only reason I am collecting food stamps is because I can not find steady work.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Well good for you...

Just don't forget though. When the man comes around and tells you to jump or dance for your Govt goodies, don't cry about it. I mean, you do have a happy life and all and don't want to do anything to upset this great situation you got going for yourself.

Have you tried maybe painting?? Like Pelosi has stated that when people have time free from worrying about working and such, they can do.

posted on Sep, 9 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

You have no clue soldier.

The bait fish are thick at the beach, time for me to go fishing.

I am only online because I am searching for work online. If it weren't so difficult to get a Restricted Species Commercial Saltwater products I could sell the fish I catch for money.

I have learned to take what I can get.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join