It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama signs $8.7 billion food stamp cut into law

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: [post=18392789]macman[/post
First Sergeant in the Navy? Are you serious?

My command had a vendetta against DUIs so they put my head on the chopping block. Their loss more than mine. I have many shipmates and friends who have DUIs and other arrests without finding themselves in my kind situation. Truly the luck of the draw.

The United States Navy had poor leadership when I was in. I regret not joining the Marine Corps.

Keep playing the blame game!

Someone answer please this question:

What does promote the General Welfare mean to you?

The USMC is even harder on DUI than the Navy. Your stupid, irresponsible, and dangerous choice would have gotten you a worse punishment in the Marines.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman

a reply to: macman

First Sergeant in the Navy? Are you serious?

My command had a vendetta against DUIs so they put my head on the chopping block. Their loss more than mine. I have many shipmates and friends who have DUIs and other arrests without finding themselves in my kind situation. Truly the luck of the draw.

The United States Navy had poor leadership when I was in. I regret not joining the Marine Corps.

So, let's recap this life based chain of events.

YOU chose to join the Navy.
YOU chose to drink.
YOU chose to drive.
YOU got caught.
YOU were bounced out due to YOUR choices.
YOU are now okay with being poor, because YOU are happy.
YOU are fine with living off of others.

That about sums it up.

That's exactly how I read it.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Still dodging that question I see.

I have long paid for my crimes and it is unfair that I am stuck working for slave wages.

If I did not love my homeland I could simply go sell some information to the Ruskies....

I want this country to improve, obviously the USA needs to be righted. Some would argue we need a a full blown mutiny to get her on a true course again.

Unless there is something you are not telling us, a single, simple DUI arrest and conviction will not keep you from earning better than "slave wages." There are many people who have worse records than that with good jobs, own their own businesses, etc. Of course rising from a troubled past does take some effort.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   

You know nothing about the Marine Corps.

Work hard, play hard is the kind of people I click with. The Marine Corps also looks after their own, even when they get in trouble. I can't say the same about FRCSE based out of NAS JAX.

In my COM/NAV work center most sat around and played computer games/surfed the web/played grab ass while at work, then take leave when the new WoW type of video games would come out so they could sit at home and play the game for days at a time. Not the kind of people I like to be around on a daily basis.

It did piss me off that I was one of the few would troubleshoot avionics on a daily basis and was actually productive in my work center, but got unfavorable evals and then a less than honorable discharge. I scored in the 99th percentile on 2 of the 3 advancement exams I took.

Like I said, the Navy's loss. I am better off and much happier with out them. I do not want to collect food stamps, but seeing that I am not employable by most peoples standards, I do not have much of an option.

Again I will ask:

What does promote the General Welfare mean to you?

As a former USMC O311 and greenside Medical Corps officer, I can guarantee you that we Marines (at least I graduated Parris Island and earned the title) have little time for whiny malcontents who blame everyone else for their shortcomings. I can also guarantee you that the Marines would have not tolerated your DUI any more than the Navy did--they take care of their own, most certainly, but that does not include being soft on criminal activities.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

That is not what happen. I passed their 28 day program. Please do not make assumptions based on scanty evidence. It really makes you look ignorant.

That's confusing. You first said you failed rehab.

I enlisted with a squeaky clean record and left with an arrest record, 'Alcohol Rehab Failure' on my DD-214 and a General Discharge which means no GI Bill.

Are you saying that you actually passed the rehab but someone put "failed" on your record just to be mean to you?

You also said this interesting tidbit:

It did piss me off that I was one of the few would troubleshoot avionics on a daily basis and was actually productive in my work center, but got unfavorable evals and then a less than honorable discharge. I scored in the 99th percentile on 2 of the 3 advancement exams I took.

The only worker, the best exam taker, but got bad evaluations? That doesn't add up.

So we see a pattern: bad evaluations, criminal act--DUI, general discharge. We see here an attitude that is consistent with this pattern, seen by terminal Lance Corporals and 3rd Class the service over--doesn't perform well, can't succeed, blames others, doesn't improve ones' self. If you were a 4.0 sailor, you could have bounced back from a single minor DUI (assuming that's all it was), but with a history of bad evaluations and who knows what, you were more a liability than an asset to the command so they'd rather gap your position than keep you. That tells us a lot. Also the fact that it's your very own brother who pays you those "slave wages" tells us a lot.

The best thing you can do for yourself is stop blaming others for your failures, clean up, go to school--even if it is at night while you work for slave wages from your brother during the day--and climb out of the hole you put yourself in. It can be done--a lot of people have done it.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:08 AM
link   

a reply to: jrod

First Sergeant is not an official rank of the Air Force, you have Tech Sergeants, Master Sergeants, Senior Master, and Chief Master. Apparently First Sergeant is a title given to a high ranking Admin NCO. I did not know that until just now, however I knew damn well that you guys are called Airman. I was an Airman in the Navy(twice).

Chair Force. You do not know the meaning of hard work, I should have known based on your arrogance.

I joined the Navy because I love the ocean, the Air Force would have loved to have me given my eligibility for a security clearance and ASVAB scores.

Until you got your DUI and lost your clearance and then you'd be in the exact same boat.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I do not make assumptions based on scanty evidence. I make logical deductions.

You have proven yourself ignorant of military ranks AND the US Constitution.

I am done trying to have an intelligent discussion with you.

FYI, Airman is an official rank of the US Navy. I was an ATAN twice.

Keep up with the personal attacks while avoiding a simple question.

What does Promote the General Welfare mean to you?

Not rank--rate. ATAN (avionics tech airman) was your RATE. Your rank was E-3.

You were an ATAN twice? Strike out for another rate and came back to strike for AT again or got busted a rank?
edit on 10-9-2014 by NavyDoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 08:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: guitarplayer
a reply to: Aazadan

If we truly had a transparent government like Jefferson wanted very little federal power over the states. We would be able to see where all of our tax dollars goes. But this will never happen with the Hamiltonian federal government that Lincoln enacted during the civil war. Which was only made bigger by FDR.

Very valid point. Our federal government is the largest bureaucracy in the world. We can't even follow the honest money trails, much less the corrupt ones.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: NavyDoc

I thought you are better than that. The Marine Corps does not through a good Marine under the bus after 1 DUI. I served with them, you as whatever MOS u claim to be should know this. I have had this conversation with several Marine NCOs and Officers, they concurred.

What is this 4 pages of attacking me because I am human and apparently had too much fun while in the Navy. 1 mistake should NOT blackball me for life from a meaningful career.

Seriously, I have a lot of damaging information about the US. I do not want to be forced to released it, but since the US has betrayed me, I feel like I am backed into a corner.

Every time I have tried to better myself it has back fired.

More importantly not one of you brainwashed lap dogs of the largest terrorist organization the world has ever seen(the USA) are even familiar with the Preamble to the US Constitution, that document you swore with your life to protect. You guys are a shinning example of why the US military is getting weaker and dumber. Keep the good slaves who are Bravo Foxtrots in, while blacklisting those with a good work ethic and a warrior mentality.

I am deeply saddened by the direction this country is heading. I am one of the few with the balls to put my neck out there and attempt to do something about it.
edit on 10-9-2014 by jrod because: whynot

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Get a life dude. I busted my ass for the Navy and they screwed me over. I have every right to be pissed. Are you even in the freaking Navy?

Every enlisted sailor goes by their rate followed by rank. ATAN....AT being an aviation electronics technician, AN being the rank of airman(E-3). Most of my time I was an AT3(AT, Petty Officer 3rd Class)

I passed my E-5 exam after being in for 2.5 years, had I not got my DUI I would have been an AT2. Instead I got busted down to E-3. I played the alcohol rehab game for a few months before I could not take the BS, they expected me to go to 3 AA meetings a week and feel sorry for myself and admit that I have some bogus incurable disease.

I am a free thinker and a free soul, I could not take the BS anymore and was extremely depressed and told my OIC I wanted out, 2 weeks later I signed my walking papers. Had I known my DD-214 was going to say Alcohol Rehab failure I would have done things differently to get discharged, like fighting because that would not look so bad on my DD-214.

Keep it up guys, keep trying to paint me as a blacksheep when I am more patriotic and a much finer warrior than you brainwashed fools will ever be.
edit on 10-9-2014 by jrod because: this is why we can't have nice things

edit on 10-9-2014 by jrod because: a

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I did not loose my clearance because of my DUI, it does not work like that. I paid my fines and that is all that matters. I no longer have a clearance now because of bad credit which is often more important for a Security clearance than being arrested.

Navy Seals and EOD all require a Top Secret. If they were to loose there clearance over a DUI, then we would have no Special OPs.

Amazing that a 'washout' like me knows much more about the military rank structure, security clearances, ect.. than you guys.
edit on 10-9-2014 by jrod because: George W. Bush was arrested for a DUI and coc aine possestion, Dick Cheney has several DUIs, but go ahead and label me a loser

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Apparently I have issues getting along with others and going along with the herd, this was a bigger factor than anything. I went to a college football game in Gainesville, Fl one weekend had a few too many and got pulled over for a burnt out turn signal. No way in hell does my punishment fit the crime.

Please do NOT make assumptions based on the little information I have divulged on here. My situation is quite unique and if I had bad evaluations before my DUI then I would not have been able pass the E-5 exam after 2.5 years. My issues came after a DUI, and I realized how many of my peers were nothing but Bravo Foxtrots(Buddy F---ers).

As I said, if the Seals and EOD were to give their sailors the kind of treatment I got, we would have no talent for Spec Ops.

FRCSE(formally AIMD) is a horrible command, especially at NAS JAX. Ask anyone who has ever spent time there.

edit on 10-9-2014 by jrod because: It should be noted that Alachua County and Gainesville turned a blind eye to Aaron Hernadez's shanagens during the same time frame I got my DUI there.

edit on 10-9-2014 by jrod because: b

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

I did not loose my clearance because of my DUI, it does not work like that. I paid my fines and that is all that matters. I no longer have a clearance now because of bad credit which is often more important for a Security clearance than being arrested.

Navy Seals and EOD all require a Top Secret. If they were to loose there clearance over a DUI, then we would have no Special OPs.

Amazing that a 'washout' like me knows much more about the military rank structure, security clearances, ect.. than you guys.
edit on 10-9-2014 by jrod because: George W. Bush was arrested for a DUI and coc aine possestion, Dick Cheney has several DUIs, but go ahead and label me a loser

I used to fly P3s. I know all about Clearances and you can lose your clearance from a DUI. Notice I said "can" and not "shall" it is quite often situation dependent.

I worked with JSOC for a time. Contrary to what you saw in the movies (and that's all an AT is going to know about that community is what they see on the movies) and civil charges can and do hurt the careers of SEAL types and clearances. Getting off scott free from a DUI left the military in the 90's. Sure, before that you could get multiple DUIs and still keep on keeping on, especially if you were an other wise good sailor--not for the last few decades it though. What you said is patently untrue and goes to show that you know squat about the SPECOPS community.

I find how the story expands interesting. First it was "because of a DUI" then we see crappy evals, now we see financial irresponsibility. A single, simple DUI does not get a sailor discharged--mast certainly, negative FITREP, bust in rank, etc. But an otherwise good junior sailor usually can survive one if there is not other circumstances around. One who gets bad evals, blames others for his problems, gets into criminal trouble, has trouble with money and debt--yeah, that pattern is gong to get you thrown out after a DUI. You statements are self contradictory--"I was perfect before the DUI" except for bad evals (which were other people's fault) and money troubles, etc.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I have friends in the SPEC OPS side, if you have friends in that community then we may a common friend or acquaintance. I know a lot more than most, not so much from my experience as an AT. Amazing that you apparently know so little about Navy enlisted ranks/rate which was apparent after I posted I was an ATAN twice.

I am really good at researching things on my own and finding out information. Do not under estimate me.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Get a life dude. I busted my ass for the Navy and they screwed me over. I have every right to be pissed. Are you even in the freaking Navy?

Every enlisted sailor goes by their rate followed by rank. ATAN....AT being an aviation electronics technician, AN being the rank of airman(E-3). Most of my time I was an AT3(AT, Petty Officer 3rd Class)

I passed my E-5 exam after being in for 2.5 years, had I not got my DUI I would have been an AT2. Instead I got busted down to E-3. I played the alcohol rehab game for a few months before I could not take the BS, they expected me to go to 3 AA meetings a week and feel sorry for myself and admit that I have some bogus incurable disease.

I am a free thinker and a free soul, I could not take the BS anymore and was extremely depressed and told my OIC I wanted out, 2 weeks later I signed my walking papers. Had I known my DD-214 was going to say Alcohol Rehab failure I would have done things differently to get discharged, like fighting because that would not look so bad on my DD-214.

Keep it up guys, keep trying to paint me as a blacksheep when I am more patriotic and a much finer warrior than you brainwashed fools will ever be.

Hey, I was not the one who incorrectly corrected the zoommie by calling a "rate" "rank." There is a difference. I'd be careful about calling other people ignorant when making whopping mistakes yourself.

I am a free thinker and a free soul

Ah, translated to "a narcissistic and disgruntled junior enlisted who didn't get along with anybody and this explains the bad evals."

The Navy didn't screw you over--you screwed yourself over. You got caught committing a crime, you could have saved yourself if you got with the program and went through the remedial course but you were too much of a "free thinker" to buckle down and do what you had to do and instead you told your boss that you didn't want to play and wanted out so they let you out of your contract and a "genius" like yourself expected an Honorable Discharge for that? Seriously?

We're not painting you out as a black sheep, we're pointing out that you are a whiner who can't take responsibility for himself and must live off the tax dollars of better people rather than busting his hump to better himself. THAT'S the reason why you got bad evals, not some noble "I won't play the game bull#." That's the truth. That's what you need to admit to yourself before you can move on and better yourself.

Patriot? Please. A great patriot living off the dole? That's nonsense.

A warrior? Seriously? A failed AT3 is calling himself a warrior? There was a lot of combat in the AT shop was there? LOL. They very fact you whine about everything being everyone else's fault shows you don't even have the warrior spirit better yourself. much less fight somebody.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Financial irresponsibility?

I have been on Food Stamps for about 4 years, I am broke with no income to pay bills. It also means no income to keep a Driver's License.

That is why I have bad credit.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I have friends in the SPEC OPS side, if you have friends in that community then we may a common friend or acquaintance. I know a lot more than most, not so much from my experience as an AT. Amazing that you apparently know so little about Navy enlisted ranks/rate which was apparent after I posted I was an ATAN twice.

I am really good at researching things on my own and finding out information. Do not under estimate me.

You called a "rate" a "rank" and you are talking about not knowing the Navy rank structure.

And I was right about what I said. You got busted which is exactly one of the ways I pointed out that could make you be an ATAN twice. And that's not something to brag about. "I was an E-3 twice, cause I got busted down from E-4" is not a badge of honor.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Financial irresponsibility?

I have been on Food Stamps for about 4 years, I am broke with no income to pay bills. It also means no income to keep a Driver's License.

That is why I have bad credit.

Sounds pretty irresponsible to me. A healthy young man on food stamps for 4 years? Nonsense.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

You are being a jerk here. Making an issue over a minor detail that was likely a minor typo. Remember I scored in the 99th percentile on two of my advancement exams, I know my general military knowledge. That was over 5 years ago and according to the Navy I am an addict so maybe that mistake was induced my my feeble alcohol brain.

For the record, I rarely drink and not what any sane person would call an alcoholic.

posted on Sep, 10 2014 @ 11:52 AM
link   

You are being a jerk here. Making an issue over a minor detail that was likely a minor typo. Remember I scored in the 99th percentile on two of my advancement exams, I know my general military knowledge. That was over 5 years ago and according to the Navy I am an addict so maybe that mistake was induced my my feeble alcohol brain.

For the record, I rarely drink and not what any sane person would call an alcoholic.

Minor detail? That's a pretty basic one for a genius.

Being a jerk? Nope, pointing out the basic and fundamental issue that you need to address if you ever want to succeed in life. I bet you thought that when the First Class or Chief tried to counsel you, they were just being jerks too and didn't comprehend your genius ATAN mind, nor did they appreciate your invaluable knowledge and dedication to duty, amirite?

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join