It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snowdens' Russian Asylum To End.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
twitter.com...

WikiLeaksVerified account @wikileaks
#Snowden's asylum in #Russia is due to expire in two days edwardsnowden.com...

Is it possible Russia will extradite him to the US to improve relations? This could very well be already offered to Putin.
edit on 30-7-2014 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:10 AM
link   
hmmm...i guess we'll see in two days....

OOH! FIRST!

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:13 AM
link   
He's probably dead already. No one has seen him live in months, and it's likely he's been killed by someone working in service of the NSA.

If anyone knows for sure, please to be sending confirmation via coded message. The NSA watches all, after all.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: CALGARIAN

I'll bet he get's the extension. If Putin sent him back now he'd look weak and that doesn't seem his style. Probably wait until the last minute to announce it though just to poke the administration in the eye.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:18 AM
link   
a reply to: DigitalJesusWuang

didn't he just recently do an interview with NBC?

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Snowden is probably ensconced in a dank cell in the current KGB headquarters.....spilling his guts out....

link   
where are the double posts commin from second today yet.......so solly
edit on 30-7-2014 by stirling because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: Bassago

yeah, plus Putin seems to be in a bit of a "Screw America" mood at the moment....i doubt he'd wanna give the administration anything right now....i wouldn't be surprised if he extended it indefinitely, just to spite Obama.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: stirling
where are the double posts commin from second today yet.......so solly

Prism hiccups.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

Taped May 2-3, Aired May 28. Not exactly recent. I wonder, is it possible the FSB killed him themselves? After all, what information they extracted from Snowden could reveal what sectors of US intelligence is compromised. Dead men tell no tales.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:41 AM
link   

potentially...i, personally, don't think he's dead though..

i'm sure he's still in contact with Scahill, Poitras, and Greenwald.

if he was dead, or otherwise unreachable, i'm pretty sure we would have heard about it by now..

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   

He recently conducted an interview with the Guardian:

Saturday 19 July 2014 06.00 EST

The whistleblower speaks to Alan Rusbridger and Ewen MacAskill about life in Russia, the NSA culture, his time there and the future of communication

www.theguardian.com...
edit on 30-7-2014 by daaskapital because: sp

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Daedalus

That's what I'm thinking. Greenwald wouldn't sit on information like that for long. Besides, we're talking about Edward Snowden. There's no telling how many safeguards he has in place in the event of capture or death. He knows what he's up against, and the NSA knows what information will be released upon said events. They can't afford to play that game right now.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: jaymp
a reply to: Daedalus

That's what I'm thinking. Greenwald wouldn't sit on information like that for long. Besides, we're talking about Edward Snowden. There's no telling how many safeguards he has in place in the event of capture or death. He knows what he's up against, and the NSA knows what information will be released upon said events. They can't afford to play that game right now.
That's a very good point. But we wouldn't potentially know for many months at least. He gave so much information to the Guardian, that they'll just release it, piece by little piece. Everyone assumes Snowden's alive because the information he gave over seems so current.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Daedalus

Yeah, he did.

Russia won't be sending him back.

He's annoying the US and making their agencies look incompetent and as though they can't even keep control of their personnel properly..so the longer that goes on, the worse it is.

Nah...they'll give him the extension.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

He was personally interviewed and there are photo's on the article, all in all it suggests these are recent and Snowden is alive.

I hope he is granted an extension and citizenship somewhere, obviously protected.

I am pretty sure a new ID and and bit of facial disguise would be possible.

If all those ex WWII Nazi leaders got to live their days in Argentina etc then Snowden, in his service to humanity should be able to.
edit on 30-7-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Perhaps they will give him a choice, permanent Russian citizenship, or deportation to a country of his choosing?

Handing him over to the US following the imposition of new sanctions would appear as caving to the almighty USA.

Interesting.

posted on Jul, 30 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Maybe he'll be given asylum in Crimea.

I wonder if he'd be convicted by a jury of citizens in the U.S. even if he came back and stood trial. With a large percentage of the nation seeing him as a hero the jury selection would be much of the ball game (as it is in almost every jury trial).

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I didn't know an asylum could expire, especially so soon. If they needed to escape from a dangerous situation, it's not likely that danger will dissappear for quite some time. So what was the point of giving him asylum if they are just gonna throw him to the lions? I guess they must've gotten all the information they needed so his usefulness wore out as well as his welcome. Unless maybe they will renew it. I wonder how much information he gave Russia and China that we don't know about... With his security clearance and maybe some hacking abilities, could he have accessed a lot of stuff unrelated to his work? I mean, look what Gary McKinnon did and he was just a regular citizen from a totally different country.

posted on Jul, 31 2014 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Well if he gets kicked outta Russia he can seek asylum at my house. The only stipulation is, I want all the documents in his possession.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join