It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kentucky Baptist church schedules first gay wedding only hours after ban ends

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: DarknStormy
If you want to talk about a religion being false, altered, fabricated, fraudulent, counterfeit, lie, brutal, look no further than your own religion, it reeks of Romanised fabrication yet you still actually believe It is the absolute truth.

If you want to talk about a religion being false, altered, fabricated, fraudulent, counterfeit, lie, brutal, look no further than Islam which you run around LUV'n on. It reeks of political and spiritual fabrication by a known thief and murderer, yet you still actually believe it is the absolute truth.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   

You can assume he was wrong all you like,

I assume nothing. I state the FACT that he's been proven wrong. All of the Abrahamic religions have been.

but your examples are taken in a literal context and that does not prove anything.

Uh ... hello ... yes it does.

Archeology cannot prove things like the above wrong.

Archeology absolutely does prove things like exodus wrong.

Science would likely prove the above right.

Nope.

Science and archeology work hand in hand in disproving nonsense .. nonsense like that silly 'Exodus Pharoah washes up 3,000 years later' story that you bought into. Archeology proved that all the Pharoahs of that time period were accounted for and that none of them drown. Archeology proved that mummy wasn't a pharoah. Science proved that a mummy couldn't last in the ocean 3,000 years. Science proved all the mummies in the museum from that time period had none that drown. So science and archeology proved your muslim 'feel good' story wrong. You bought into it without checking the facts. Dangerous .. and not too smart.

This goes Much deeper than trying to simply discredit Mohammad, you have to prove everything in Islam wrong, not bits and pieces of it.

That's funny. When a murdering thief claims that God gave him visions, and those visions end up being wrong, then he's wrong and obviously God didn't give him visions. And when a religion/political movement springs up from those fake visions, then that religion is also wrong. And no, just because Muhammad might have guessed something correct, that absolutely does NOT validate the entire religion. Not even close. If that's the case then all of Christianity is validated because they got a few things correct. Ditto the Buddhists. Ditto the Hindus. See? It doesn't work that way.

So everyone is wrong because you and your scientific community say so?

All the Abrahamic religions are wrong because they are irrefutably proven wrong.
It's just that simple.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Then people shouldn't of fabricated the teachings of the Gospel otherwise there would be no need for Islam. Islam was sent because the people of the Book (The Bible) fabricated the teachings. You believe a lie and nothing more yet try to prove others are liars and frauds? You are discrediting your own book ffs yet still believe part of it is the truth? lol, OK.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

I didn't say he was washed up, I said he was found by the Red Sea, in other words his body was recovered and left as a sign for future generations. I love how people like you try to distort certain issues to make yourself look superior.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Islam was sent ..

Islam wasn't 'sent'. It was fabricated by a murdering thief who has been proven wrong time and time again. God had nothing to do with it. He didn't 'send' it.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

I said he was found by the Red Sea,

Proven - It wasn't a pharoah.
Proven - all the exodus timeframe pharoahs are accounted for.
Proven - none of them drown.
Proven - the story is a hoax. You bought it.
Science and archeology prove the story wrong.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan

Islam was sent ..

Islam wasn't 'sent'. It was fabricated by a murdering thief who has been proven wrong time and time again. God had nothing to do with it. He didn't 'send' it.

That's your opinion, I don't agree with you either... It's the same spew I hear from all Islamaphobes, Moon Gods, Caravan thief, Child Molester, All Muslims are terrorists, No spiritual insight is the explanation for all the above.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:47 PM
link   

You are discrediting your own book ffs yet still believe part of it is the truth?

The bible has 73 books. 66 books if you are protestant. Each book in the bible is taken on it's own. They have their own authors and their own flavor (myth, folklore, historical document, allegory, etc). It's not a 'take it all or leave it all' thing. Some fundamentalists believe it is. But the vast majority of Christians do not.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

I said he was found by the Red Sea,

Proven - It wasn't a pharoah.
Proven - all the exodus timeframe pharoahs are accounted for.
Proven - none of them drown.
Proven - the story is a hoax. You bought it.
Science and archeology prove the story wrong.

LOL, just like you brought the Moon God bs from a self proclaimed Islamic scholar who got his uncredited credibility from a Baptist Bible study school.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

That's your opinion,

No. If God was to 'send' it, then it wouldn't be so full of error. It wasn't sent. It was fabricated. No question. Easy to see when a person dumps indoctrination and looks at the irrefutable facts.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   

That's your opinion,

No. If God was to 'send' it, then it wouldn't be so full of error. It wasn't sent. It was fabricated. No question. Easy to see when a person dumps indoctrination and looks at the irrefutable facts.

Do you want me to break the Qu'ran down for you and explain it verse to verse? I can if you want and I will prove you wrong right here. Obviously it will take a long time but I am willing to do it.
edit on 8-7-2014 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   
As I said ... on the topic of this thread .... the Baptists and marriage equality ...

The only reason to withhold marriage equality from homosexuals would be religious reasons. Those are found in Abrahamic religions that base those anti-homosexual beliefs on ancient religious texts. Considering that we can prove a lot of the ancient religious texts wrong, then obviously we shouldn't be trusting them to be 'God's Word'. And that means we can't trust the 'homosexuality = bad' law either.

Leviticus ... anyone who cuts his beard 'incorrectly' is sinning. Anyone who plants their garden with mixed seeds is sinning. Anyone who eats bacon will go to hell. These are absurdities by superstitious peasants who attributed their own social norms to be 'God's Law'. They severely misunderstood Who God Is.

This is why secular rule of law is so important. When people start screwing with putting religious laws and religious notions into our human law, it becomes very messy. Secular rule of law ... it's the only law that makes sense.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Do you want me to break the Qu'ran down for you and explain it verse to verse?

GOD NO! I've read it through twice. Why the hell would I want to be blasted with outrageous error filled religious propaganda that was written by a murdering thief? Hell no! It has already been proven that there are errors. Severe errors. Too many errors to even remotely discuss on this thread. Obviously its a pile of bunk.

Bottom line - the Baptists have it correct. You can't base human laws on ancient religious laws that have been proven not to be credible. Good for them for realizing it.

posted on Jul, 8 2014 @ 12:59 PM
link   

This is why secular rule of law is so important. When people start screwing with putting religious laws and religious notions into our human law, it becomes very messy. Secular rule of law ... it's the only law that makes sense.

Proclaiming to be a Christian and then rooting for a Law contrary to Chrsitianity makes sense also, doesn't it?

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join