It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

LGBT ... And My Personal Brick Wall

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl
LGBT, sounds awesome!
This is a kind of sandwich, right?
I always thought LGBT sounded like a super sandwich involving bacon.

(Edit)
I was an enemy of Chase long before I was comfortable with people's rights to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

edit on 3-7-2014 by g146541 because: slow fingers are fat too.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

It didn't 'come off' that way to me. I don't consider heterosexuals worthy of any special rights or considerations. I can't justify 'LGBT rights' in the same regard.

Nobody is supposed to be getting special rights. That's why the Term "Gay Rights" is a BS term used to imply a classification of Rights to a special Group, of which there is no such thing. It's "Equal Rights" and the apply to all of us equally, end of story. That's how it's supposed to be anyway.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

I've seen the pendulum swing on other issues. Sometimes it's easy to choose sides. On this one ... I am personally, deeply, concerned/challenged. This one is making 'me' define myself.

I am happily married to a woman. I am not even remotely sexually attracted to other men. This IS me.

I don't need anything more than that. I am fine with myself. Does that mean I have to adopt the term 'liar' were I to face the same survey as employees of Chase and 'hope' to keep my job?

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   

a reply to: MALBOSIA

I've seen the pendulum swing on other issues. Sometimes it's easy to choose sides. On this one ... I am personally, deeply, concerned/challenged. This one is making 'me' define myself.

I am happily married to a woman. I am not even remotely sexually attracted to other men. This IS me.

I don't need anything more than that. I am fine with myself. Does that mean I have to adopt the term 'liar' were I to face the same survey as employees of Chase and 'hope' to keep my job?

That's the problem with that question. In fact it is different than all the others in that the others are questions with a easily defined answer. First three about family with Disabilities, fourth one are you LGBT, but then the last one are you an ally of LGBT Community. Well, that's not exactly a yes or no question though. What defines "ally" and what exactly is the LGBT "Community"???
edit on 3-7-2014 by mOjOm because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

It didn't 'come off' that way to me. I don't consider heterosexuals worthy of any special rights or considerations. I can't justify 'LGBT rights' in the same regard.

Nobody is supposed to be getting special rights. That's why the Term "Gay Rights" is a BS term used to imply a classification of Rights to a special Group, of which there is no such thing. It's "Equal Rights" and the apply to all of us equally, end of story. That's how it's supposed to be anyway.

I'll be happy to see the day the word 'rights' is eliminated from the subject of discussions we're having ATM. The day that happens ... is the day everyone will realize equality ... and personal worth -vs- 'team' value will be the order of the day.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Than don't engage with that Snarl.

You aren't being forced to do anything. That's just what they want you to do. One more ally or enemy instead of a person who chooses to look objectively at both sides and come to the moderate conclusion.

There's a war against moderanism in the 21st century.

Don't engage these fools, you only further their cause.

-tenth
edit on 7/3/2014 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Is that because you don't see "Rights" being the issue but "Privileges" instead???

Or for some other reason???

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

I think that we are all allied in the search for justice, everyone of us, I find solace in that; I dunno, maybe it'll work for you too.

I did too. Something I can't exactly place my finger on shook my confidence. Thanks for your reply. I will try and regain my footing ... but I'm honestly not there yet.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: OrphanApology
Employee surveys are optional and one can opt out or not complete a started survey.

If this is true (which I suspect it is), then this whole point is moot. I have read that it's an annual employee survey and asks many other questions that would be considered personal.

I have changed my position on this issue. The survey is fine. If you don't want to fill it out, don't. Of course, that's not mentioned by Breitbart! Why did I get sucked in again to one of their stupid stories? Grrr!

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Is that because you don't see "Rights" being the issue but "Privileges" instead???

Or for some other reason???

Honestly ... I'm just not sure.

'Rights' have always been a difficult one for me. I know my 'rights' ... and they have conflicted with other people's POV. I tend to disregard the word 'privilege' ... and that may be the exact thing I need help with ATM.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
What? I don't understand this response...

I think he misread 'forum' for 'form'.
You said you didn't think it should be on the form. (I agree).
Looks like he misread and thought you said this whole issue doesn't belong on the FORUM. (ATS).

Misread.

edit on 7/3/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Google it, brother. It's all over the Internet. The source I posted was the first Google hit of literally hundreds (if not thousands).

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyersFan
I think he misread 'forum' for 'form'.

OOOOOHHHH! Thank you, FF. I was SO confused!

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Well, depending on who you're talking to and their knowledge of legal terms, there can be substantial differences between "Rights" and "Privileges".

For the average Joe, they usually don't see a difference and I'm sure those on both sides of the agenda like it that way. Knowing the difference or not knowing the difference allows lawyers the advantage over people in general.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:26 AM
link   

I've been saying this for a while now.

You cannot simply accept something anymore.

You either are for it or against it.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
So I guess the questions are if a person doesn't agree with all aspects of the LGBT what does that make them? Also, if a person feels differently about what is a right or privilege, or even a behavior that may be neither, does that make a person anti-LGBT. It seems that there are two sides to the LGBT and one of them is a group that just wants the freedoms of everyone else, and the other side is basically an attack dog waiting to label anyone not 100% for ALL their causes as anti-gay, homophobe, bigot etc.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Google it, brother. It's all over the Internet. The source I posted was the first Google hit of literally hundreds (if not thousands).

It's not that I don't believe the story. I thought it was mandatory survey. Turns out it's optional. If people don't want to fill it out, they don't have to.

And I'm no one's brother. I don't have the necessary plumbing.

Look, if you want to adopt the label of bigot, feel free. It is my personal opinion that there is a neutral ground between bigot and ally. Sorry for your personal struggle, but I really don't think it's necessary. No one here is judging you (as far as I can tell) and you don't work at Chase and if you did, you wouldn't have to fill out the survey.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

I've been saying this for a while now.

You cannot simply accept something anymore.

You either are for it or against it.

Well yah. I mean "Either your with us or you're with the Terrorists!", right???

The trouble here is if someone asks you "Are you For or Against Gay Rights". Well, there is no answer to that because "Gay Rights" aren't even a Real thing. "Equal Rights" are, but that's all. Otherwise we'd have "Man Rights" and "Women's Rights" and "Fat People Rights" and "Tall People Rights" and "These Rights over here" and "Those Rights over there"....I think you get it...

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
So I guess the questions are if a person doesn't agree with all aspects of the LGBT what does that make them?

Human?

I don't understand why everyone is so hung up on the labels. We're each individuals and don't have to fit in a category. If you don't like the label, don't take it on.

posted on Jul, 3 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

"optional surveys' ....

My husband works for a company that has invasive 'optional surveys'. It has to do with health stuff. Do you smoke. Do you drink. Etc. If you refuse to answer the questions, then you are automatically hit up with a $50 penalty for not answering. Of course, the company doesn't put it like that. They say 'you get a $50 discount on health insurance if you answer the questions'. Which really equates to you getting a $50 charge if you don't answer them.

Sometimes the 'optional surveys' are tricky that way. I don't know if there is a hidden penalty involved with the OP .... HEY OP - Is there a penalty involved if you don't answer the 'optional survey'??

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join