It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Chinese Weapons of War America Should Fear

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: neversaynever

who need weapons? What do you think this is a board game like risk? where people move their pieces and play by economic rules and are bound by the game. Still doesn't change the fact that if one of the kids playing the game is 100lbs heavier then the other kids and decides he doesn't like the way the game is going he can simply. stand up. knock all the pieces off the board. smack the kid next to him and make them all run into the other room cowering while the bully throws a hissy fit smashing things to ensure through force he gets his way.

Physical violence and the basic threat of it, despite what you are taught does indeed trump everything in the world. If you throw a human in a room with a tiger that human can't simply out think the tiger. The tiger sorta has a physical real world advantage. He will still eat the human no matter what dumb futile mcguiver stunt the human pulls (economic stunts, political stunts, PR stunts) all of that means crap at the end of the day, or rope. A threat removed physically is about as secure as one can get. The us can do that. we don't gamble on the economic games of who owns what. Didn't Putin go on record recently saying thats how america plays. we don't, we don't follow rules, we knock all the pieces off the board and strut around. Cause ultimately we can. We have the military advantage. last time I checked if you own something nice. even something I once owned and I gotta gun and you don't it's mine again anytime I see fit. It's a nice option to always have. And no body else has it right now like the US does and we spend the money to make sure it stays that way. Real world rules. He with the biggest stick wins. always. Only do they loose when they get suckered into playing the game. But if I can obliterate you then I can obliterate you. And if need be thats what the US can do. We can hit countries like china in ways they don't even know exist.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Don't worry about how many boots on the ground china has. the number of soldiers you have is worthless when they will all just get blown to bits (literally) by aircraft. And yes, we DO have a new weed wacker coming out that will be very difficult for china or anyone else to stop that is designed to do just that. Quickly and efficiently mow the lawn. We can make a ground war with chinese troops look like what we did to the iraqi military as they all left kuwait on that one highway, slaughter them wholesale. Our troops don;t even need to be much involved.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I know it ruins the fearmongering but, you have to look at things in stategic terms.

China right now military of 2.2 million with another 500K in reserve so about 2.9 million troops with about 1600 combat air craft. The Army is mostly static infantry with only 40% being armoured or mechanized. I will not bother with Navy because most of is old and will have to be replaced before China becomes anything other than a naval power just of the coast.

Now you look at China's potential threats in the region -

India- 1.3 million active with, 1.1 million in reserve so 2.4 miilion troops with about 700 combat aircraft

Russia- 766K active with 2 million in reserve so about 2.7 million troops with about 1500 combat aircraft

North Korea - less a threat of military attack than a collapse of the nation and a flood of millions of refugees

ASEAN - 2.4 million active with 6.5 million reseve so about 8.9 million troops with 815 combat aircraft
Vietnam - 482K active with 5 million resevre so about 5.4 million troops with about 200 combat aircraft
Burma- 400K active with 142 combat aircraft
Brunie - 7500 total troops (also a UK ally)
Cambodia - 124K troops
Indonesia - 302K active, 400K reserve so about 700K troops with 110 combat aircraft
Laos - 29K troops
Malaysia - 109K active, 500K reserve so about 600K troops with 62 combat aircraft (also a UK ally)
Singapore - 72K active, 356K reserve so about 420K troops with 143 combat aircraft (also a US and UK ally)
Thailand - 305K active, 200K reserve so about 500K troops with 158 combat aircraft (also a US ally)
Phillipines - 125K active, 131 reserve so about 250K (also a US ally)

US Allies - 1.2 million active, 6.1 million reserve so about 7.3 million troops with 1,295 combat aircraft
Japan - 247K active, 56K reserve so about 300K troops with 350 combat aircraft
South Korea - 655K active, 4.5 million reserve so about 3 million troops with 450 combat aircraft
Australia - 56K active, 20K reserve so about 76K troops with 95 combat aircraft
New Zealand - 9K active, 2K reserve so about 11K troops
Taiwan - 290K active, 1.6 million reserve so about 1.8 million troops with 400 combat aircraft

The US of course fields 1.3 million active, 850 resevre so about 2.1 million troops with 4k combat aircraft. And whatever NATO wants to bring to the table.

Now when you start looking at those number you can see China can not even dominate its own borders much less the region, much less the US.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Ask yourselves, why do you really want to fight? What are you gaining from promoting what anyone should fear? Wars are fought by bureaucrats with applications, politics and paperwork.
edit on 28-6-2014 by Ebumping because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
If China wanted to takeover someone it would be the Russians. Great natural resources, small population 150 mil, on their borders, not a consumer as we are, have never liked each other. We are China's biggest customer, you do not attack your biggest customer.

Any war with them would be in their region for only the US has the capability of global reach, so once again outside of nukes, if we go to war, our war machine never gets touched and the other guy slowly gets everything destroyed. It is a war of attrition and if our factories can not be hit then the other guy is in deep dodo. This is why we ALWAYS establish air superiority, and after that it is a turkey shoot.

edit on 28-6-2014 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR you now sound like the school bully the usa is. Do school bullies try to stuff someone around that is his own size no. That is the wonderfull usa.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR hmm dream while you can. Anyone who say that a full blown war today with a real adversary not iraq, or whatever can just not be won point blank. As long as there are nuclear weapons no one win. And if you think america can disable the whole russian / chinese who ever nuclear threat you dreamimg.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   

If that bully is a real badass; he'll pick on anyone. Size doesn't matter but your welcome to play that card; it'll fall all the same.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Wars ain't just won with planes .

(post by neversaynever removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TiedDestructor
Bullies is never badd ass, always aholes who pick on the weak.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: neversaynever

What happens when everyone is weak compared to the bully? US would not start a war with China since they have nothing we want, they would not go to war with us because we are their best customer, biggest consumers in the world. If China tried to dominate their region we will support our allies and they will lose to the one fact that outside of nukes we would not be touched here at home and they would have their war machine destroyed very quickly with little means to reconstitute it.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero
This is why we ALWAYS establish air superiority, and after that it is a turkey shoot.

Must be why you won Vietnam then?

O WAIT YOU DIDNT!

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
LMAO, I'm not pounding my chest or posting arrogant drivel. Just sayin' us Americans wont be defeated by an invasion from anyone.

You can dream up whatever situation you like, but it's all speculation at this point as no Country has the balls to try.

Yes, Mexicans are heading over in droves, what do you think would happen if they declared war? Same with Muslims. If they get froggy and jump?

I'll just say, Godspeed....

My thinking is with the way things are going with the liberal thinking, overspending, insane policies, it won't be long we will be so screwed up, we will just give it away, no fighting whatsoever. More like here it is (America) we screwed it up fix it, and the people that voted for Obama and the like will say please. Detroit should be a shining example of what an entire country could look like. New York should be next, ID cards for illegals, new public defender system for illegals, just more benefits for the non contributing part of the public.

Does anyone find it ironic asking for ID to vote, why its sacrilege, voter suppression I tell you, why then do you have to create ID cards for illegals?

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

These countries aren't weak are they??? So much for the bully comparison. Well while we're on the subject of being attacked; the aggressors would be the bullies not the defenders. Another reason the bully analogy is whack in premise.

But buddy, with all your elaborate posts, you...yourself could be called a bully. Incessantly babbling about the inferior posture and unforgivable acts committed by my wretched country. You come off kind of bitter sometimes too but your cynical nature tells me otherwise. But then again I have my "special ed" moments as well.

It's almost flattering hearing you carry on about the US though. I can't imagine a country in this world interesting enough for me verbally flog at any given chance to do so.

You do have those moments of "clarity" and probable genius. See I'm no bully.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Wars ain't just won with planes .

Yes they are. What century are you in?

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   

a reply to: BASSPLYR you now sound like the school bully the usa is. Do school bullies try to stuff someone around that is his own size no. That is the wonderfull usa.

Bullies is never bad ass, always a - holes who pick on the weak.

So? Whats your point? Who really gives a crap that the bully picks on the weak when the bully still wins. If you are in a position to literally physically force people anywhere to submit to your might or face violence and abject destruction on the likes they can't dream who cares if you are seen like a bully. It's your world anyways, their opinions don't mater. Cold hard reality. He who wins, well they won. They get all the booty and swag. Doesn't matter what stupid now pointless opinion the loser has. Who cares about money when you can physically rearrange your reality.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Never forget the USA and Russia have enough nuclear weapons to destroy each other and probably the whole world. Neither country can be invaded. China also has nuclear weapons.

Remember the cold war between the US and the USSR. Because of the nuclear threat it never turned into a hot war. Communism in the USSR eventually collapsed and the cold war ended. China is a communist country with nuclear weapons and a population of 1.38 billion people. The Chinese leadership has a big job just to try to maintain power. There could be small border skirmishes but talk of war and invasion is uninformed and misguided. Nothing more than fearmongering. China is a massive country with a massive population and an economy rising fast with a bright future they are not the enemy.

Since WWII the nature of warfare has changed. We are yet to see nuclear powers enter into full scale warfare and the cold war showed the extreme reluctance to engage a nuclear power directly. MAD mutually assured destruction means to attack a nuclear power such as the US or Russia could result in complete destruction in minutes. The US and Russia both have the capability to destroy China in a matter of minutes with their massive nuclear arsenals. Any talk of China attempting to invade either country is ridiculous.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: JimTSpock

I agree. In reality nobody wants to invade anybody.

But if push comes to shove the chinese or russian navy would get punked in hours by what the us navy has already in their enemys territorial waters. Anyone really think that attack drones were first started with the airforce. The navy has had drones themselves. Not flying drones but stealth drones none the less. With big warheads and smart programming. Maybe we already have just about every harbor or territory we see at a issue locked down. Maybe we have for a while. Maybe nobody's fleet is leaving port anytime soon if we choose. Maybe we have something to hit china or russia. Something very fast that can hit anywhere on earth in two hours notice. And it's nearly unstoppable compared to anything else our enemies and allies have.

Any chinese aircraft heading our way would be seen long before they could see even where they themselves are going and intercepted by certain US military assets that can't be stopped by any thing anyone else is building anytime soon. We can do express delivery with impunity anywhere on the world in probably two hours or less, and nobody can do anything about it. It's our ball and our bat, its our game and we sorta look down n the chess board militarily from a much higher view point.

Any chinese troops wanna land on an island somewhere they will be hit by stealth drone subs that they don;t even know are there. Any chinese wanna try and dominate the air space over one of those island they will get swatted like flies by aircraft they've never dreamed of and frankly can't engineer or produce. ANy troops make it to land. they will get mowed down by a new asset we have. They wanna hide their miltary assets deep inland where they think we can't fly because it's out of range. Guess what not only can we hit them at will and they can't stop up we can do it with express delivery. We can make dominos and pizza hut jealous with our unbeatable delivery time. We really have thought about what to do regarding the chinese or russian threat and we really have for a long time now been developing things a step ahead of anyone militarily that will ensure we don't lose if push came to shove.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

*Cough* vietnam *cough*

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join