It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Five Chinese Weapons of War America Should Fear

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
China's military is rising, America's is declining. Don't let all the talk of "America's military is bigger than the next 11 militiaries" and what not. Beijing is hell bent on kicking the US out of Asia, and they are building the weapons to do it. From carrier-killer missiles, cyber weapons, and all sorts of technological goodies they stole from us, they want to be the leader in Asia. Soon America won't stand a chance:

nationalinterest.org...

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   
The thing is is that all of these things other than the cyber war bits are pretty much untested in real life, dropping a warhead at mach 10 on a target in the desert is one thing but when the target could be changing course and speed every 10 seconds would easily mean it could miss by a wide margin as at that speed even a small change would be mega

China's going through a major reorganization and catch up so its not surprising its looking more intimidating but they don't seem to be interested in global domination at the moment and everything they do is watched and will be countered in some manner if deemed worthy

but a hundred years or so ago the US navy was nothing special (compared to the royal navy and the german imperal fleet at the time) and today its the biggest and baddest around for the moment but what history does teach us is that things change and who knows who'll be the world power in a 100 years

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
"America wont stand a chance"??? From what?

I don't mean to bust anyone's bubble, but there's no way in hell another Country is a threat to the US. Other than nuking us off the planet, no-one stands stands a chance in a fight with us.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9
"America wont stand a chance"??? From what?

I don't mean to bust anyone's bubble, but there's no way in hell another Country is a threat to the US. Other than nuking us off the planet, no-one stands stands a chance in a fight with us.

I would second that.

The AC130H Spectre Gunship.
The B2 Spirit Bomber.
The near endless supply of Reaper drones.
The Howitzer (mobile and stationary).
The F-35 Lightnings and F22 Raptors.
The Bunker Buster and MOAB.
The M1A1 WidowMaker.

And last but not least, our armada of 14 Trident submarines.... all of which can carry nuclear payloads but even without them, can wipe an entire country off the face of the earth.

There is no way that China, or any other military on the planet, could come close without flat out nuking every asset we have. There is a reason our military is the most feared and envied in the world.

That's not to dismiss China though. All it takes is the one "right" weapon, and none of the rest matter.

~Namaste

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

Actually america is probably more vulnerable than any other nation due to its reliance on technology.

Hack a cple satellites detonate an emp or 2 and the most advanced military complex in the world wouldn't know what was happening anywhere and most of it's hardware would be inoperable.

Remember what happened in Vietnam with all the USA's technological superiority and what has been happening in Afghan and Iraq against relatively unorganised and untrained volunteers.

'pride comes before a fall' happened again and again throughout history to the dominating cultures of their time usually through internal corruption to start then all those countries/groups/tribes..... see the weakness and take their revenge.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: johnb

Yes, a big enough EMP would severly hurt our military. However, even without our military, a boots on the ground style invasion would end badly for whoever tried. Seriously!

Not to sound all USA is the greatest, but there's no way another Country could invade us and win. Period!

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
There's just to many of us civies with "weapons of war" running the streets.

Pew pew pew, Merica!

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   
a reply to: travis911

riiiggghhhtttt

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9 dude america have not a war since ww2. The supposed victories against places like iraq, kuweit, est est is not battles or wars. And you could not even won them. You are pretty delusional if you think your country can win a real war against real opponents.

(post by neversaynever removed for a manners violation)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: neversaynever

How many Countries have invaded America?

Who in their right mind would try?

You can call me ignorant, arrognt, or anything else you like. The fact of the matter is NO-ONE can invade the US and win.

Sorry, we are that badass...

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:52 AM
link   

You can call me ignorant, arrognt, or anything else you like. The fact of the matter is NO-ONE can invade the US and win.

It's all circumstance, strategy, wisdom and some luck. Our power grids are not exactly the best or most protected. If even half the nation went black for any prolonged period of time, whilst being invaded, wouldn't bode well for us. Americans would be in utter chaos without power and the government couldn't help if directly engaged in battle on our territory. I am sure there is more than one way to skin a cat. We are not impervious to such tragedy.

Not to mention in our hour of need, an ally could easily turn on us for their own gain. It's not like we haven't given them reasons to do so anyway.....NSA comes to mind. Plus, no offense but I wouldn't be surprised if the nation of Israel stabbed us like Brutus to Ceaser. Further still, I'm sure Cuba wouldn't take much coaxing from Russia, which could also be problematic.
edit on 28-6-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

edit on 28-6-2014 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Wouldn't have to be a country would it - lets say ISIS declared war on the USA - there are somewhere between 3 and 5 million muslims in the USA depending whom you believe but this is increasing daily by most accounts - thats a lot of potential recruits already inside the USA and many will be in the military complex - i believe your current commander in chief is a muslim too so who knows how the military would respond.

Once this was started would be a lot easier for any country to invade wouldn't it?

A further thought - terrorist group 'A' declares war on USA and calls for jihad - MSM instantly supressed and Obama sacks a few more generals and promotes some muslims into key positions. Internet is shut down as is mobile communications - the military through it's now predominately muslim leadership scrambles its troops to combat these terrorists (that would be those of you fighting against the Islamic invasion) - it worked in China Tianneman sq - those troops apparently thought they were putting down a revolution) so don't tell me US troops wouldnt follow orders to kill their own. (They have no problem slaughtering innocents anywhere else - as do almost any army I am aware of or law enforcers)

Not saying i believe this will/would happen but it has been used by the PTB before all over the world throughout history so why not again?

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:57 AM
link   

YET

The key word is YET

RAR RAR RAR and chest beat all you like.

But dismissing enemy and acting arrogant gets you fast from being THE world Super power to FORMER world super power.

ALL world powers eventually fall and that fall normally starts when they are at there peak and acting arrogant like you guys are now.

No the USA homeland will not likely be invaded.

But that do does not make you "safe".

The British empire never suffered a land invasion of its homeland but it still fell from the top spot. Same with many other empires. Most crumble from within.

Read your history before you do you silly "USA USA USA" chant. Your not indestructible and there are many many ways you can fall from the top spot without a direct military invasion. Collapse of USD is one.
edit on 28-6-2014 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Incorrect.

Mexico has been doing it for years with zero repercussions. And, they aren't even doing it in a militarily organized fashion.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I give it 10 years they will equal our Air Force, they have dumped the soviet doctrine of fighting and they are teaching their pilots to think on their own.

I give it 20 years and they will have a blue water navy that at best cause us a great deal of trouble... at worst beat us.

all this is assuming the worlds economy continues to limp along without a major hiccup or collapse.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Not to sound all USA is the greatest, but there's no way another Country could invade us and win. Period!

In two words: Illegal immigrants.
In one Word: 0bama

Last words: Sorry. Couldn't help myself.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Reading the history of the Korean war, it seems the Chinese leadership does not mind how many of its soldiers die in taking a useless hill, unless the leadership these days is more careful with troops that are better equipped and better trained, I don't know, there's more of them anyway, so I suppose another 'Korea' might end differently.

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Yes another america dies, china great etc.Please...
edit on CDTSatam61061 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

edit on CDTSatam61061 by TDawg61 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2014 @ 10:20 AM
link   
LMAO, I'm not pounding my chest or posting arrogant drivel. Just sayin' us Americans wont be defeated by an invasion from anyone.

You can dream up whatever situation you like, but it's all speculation at this point as no Country has the balls to try.

Yes, Mexicans are heading over in droves, what do you think would happen if they declared war? Same with Muslims. If they get froggy and jump?

I'll just say, Godspeed....

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join