It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government arresting people for anti Obama facebook post.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder
You cannot google cache up removed posts from a forum thread, unless that post has been there a significant amount of time. If I wait around until tomorrow and actioned my own post on here, you're not going to be able to read it on google cache. Moderators tend to work a bit quicker then what the cache is going to catch and store, unless its on the off chance that its crawling that particular post before its removed. Very low odds of that occurring.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: defcon5

I'm not sure why you're replying to something I said several posts ago, but if he really did make life threatening remarks on FB then he would have been charged with something and he most likely wouldn't have been released from the psych ward so quickly. It's quite obvious he was sent their for his conspiratorial rants. I don't know why you are denying that simple fact so vehemently when it's what all sources are reporting. That's why this is such an important issue and why so many people got up in arms about it at the time. It's why he's suing all the actors involved and why he will win.
edit on 17/6/2014 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   
a reply to: ChaoticOrder
He was released because Rutherford got involved.
I've dealt with them in the past, and they are publicity chasers.
The local PD probably just want to problem gone rather then deal with Rutherford.
You also don't have any idea of the terms of his release.
Just because he was released doesn't make him innocent, or necessarily considered sane. He could have been released under the promise of seeking follow up care. He could have been remanded to another's custody.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:33 AM
link   
WAY YONDER BEYOND DANGEROUS!
a reply to: xuenchen

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Tiny IDEAS...SMALL MINDS....PROTECT THE SELF!

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
This is par for the course with the jealous unstable Obama Administration.

They operate on targeting. Not solving.

Very dangerous.

I thought some people on here would be old enough to know that posting anything which solicits or in any other way could be seen as encouraging violence/death to the American president in a public forum does indeed place you as a potential threat which may lead to investigation and prosecution. The only difference here is that sites such as FB have become so huge in the last few years so by default Obama will be the first president this has really had an effect on.

It will be the same for the next one, regardless of which party that person is from, but go ahead, say it's Obamas fault - you always do regardless of the logic............ don't you?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 03:36 AM
link   
Wow...I am not shocked by this but I am pissed that people voted for this man. How could you people betray America like this? How? You vote biased on color and what side you like.

I liked republicans way back when Obama was running but not enough to vote for them. I didn't think any of them could do any better. So, I stood up like a man and did not vote and will never vote ever again.

I wish many Americans would do the same. Why? Because it makes your voices be heard.

"Lowest voting in the history of elections. Why could this be?" That would be the headlines and interviews would be "because we do not believe in what either candidate has to offer."

Not only that, but everyone would see how made up the voting system is.

A state votes...the representatives of the state sees the more popular candidate and does not vote for that individual because of bribery and selfishness.

Representatives are supposed to vote based on what the majority of the state wants.

This is why electoral votes are the only ones that matter.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: curme
I think the OP's title should be : FWD:FWD:FWD:FWD:Government arresting people for anti Obama facebook post.

This is just good old fashion lying. What's even scarier is the ATS posters who just look at the title and chime in like it is true. Whatever happened to actually clicking on a link and doing some basic research?

If it's a picture of a UFO people break out the magnifying glasses. If it's a political headline some people just go into cruise control and nod their heads.

This should be moved to the hoax bin.

And yet after all your words to saying it isn't true and actually happening - it is.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 05:33 AM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

$100 bucks says it's a hoax. I'm gonna see if it's been debunked. I shall return!

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: NonsensicalUserName
a reply to: Swills

incompetent police officers, and over-zealous/eager homeland security officials.

Possibly we don't have all the details.

then how can you make the comment of incompetent police and overzealous officials?

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArtemisE
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

$100 bucks says it's a hoax. I'm gonna see if it's been debunked. I shall return!

Its reported by RT (Rarely Truthful) news...

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I would take it as a sign o fear of the government...
Seen that way, it has a positive side to it.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

speculation mostly; though speculation seen through a lense of how mundane these things turn out to be usually.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: defcon5
It seems like this guy may have actually posed a threat? Was there more of a threat than his FB posts?

I know very little about what threats the Marine allegedly made against the POTUS, and what if any capability he had to possibly go through with it.

Locally awhile back in my local area we had someone arrested by the SS for posting threats against Obama before he came to town. Christopher Castillo, he got 15 months. In my opinion this guy has mental problems, had no capability of doing harm to the President, yet he was still scoped up and thrown in the pen.

Apparently this is happening all over the US, and most stories to do make the press.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 12:57 PM
link   
If you threaten or call or solicit acts of violence against a sitting president, you should be arrested and questioned. Doesn't matter what party, who the president is or what your ideology is. If you criticize the President, no one is going to arrest you simply for that. The OP is misleading and pretty much horses-----.

Some of you have a blind disdain for the president for no real reason.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: LogicalRazor

If this were an isolated case I could agree with you. FB and other social networks are full of trash talking. Words alone in my opinion are hardly a threat. Now if this guy had a plan on how to attack the president then the SS coming in and grabbing this guy is justified.

In order to be a valid threat, there has to be opportunity, capability, and intent. I fail to see how the Marine met that criteria.

It appears to me that this administration has pushed the limits to silence dissenters.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
We are reaching the tip of the mountain people. You better pick your sides wisely.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: jrod

The issue with the Marine is the fact he is a Marine. Those in Uniform are not suppose to be giving their opinions about those who give orders in a public manner.

The number of threats towards the President are always numerous. However I think with Obama the number is fairly high based on all thins considered.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
a reply to: nighthawk1954
This is nothing new. The Patriot Act gives the Federal Government the right to arrest and detain individuals, for as long as they want, without charge and without notification to their relatives where they are being held, indefinitely. Thank you Congress. They can do this if they merely 'think' you're a terrorist, homegrown or not. The fact that they did release this vet is only because people made a big 'stink' of it. But how many other individuals do they have? We will never know because nobody knows that they have them.

posted on Jun, 17 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

My understanding his enlistment was over and he was no longer bound by the UCMJ, if this was the case then he should have known better. I could be wrong, and I am certain you know the facts of the case better than I do.

The guy who was picked up in my county appears to me to suffer from mental issues, he never posed a threat. He was not capable, his opportunity was extremely slim at best, and given the guy is a mental case his intent was fuzzy at best. He got sentenced to 15 months....

I do believe there are a few others around the country who have been scooped up.
edit on 17-6-2014 by jrod because: 1

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join