It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this really faith in life?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

Hey Seraph, read Revelations chapter 7 verses 9 through 17. It speaks of the great multitudes of people from all over the world that will be saved. I think it answers your question.

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

The bible is corrupt, but at its core it has universal truth. The words of Jesus are universal truths that should be followed, love others as yourself and treat them as yourself.

3NLGJT3N3D1:

thanks so much for your response. I've quoted here what I found most touching, pertinent, and essential about what your wrote in response. Hope you don't mind my editing you…..this thread has aroused some truly special responses, imho…..and hope that it will serve as something meaningful for all those who share my current crises of faith….and still hope…..against hope, as you've shown you do, as well.
tetra

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: lambs to lions
and do unto others...

Even the muslims?

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Tucket

Lol, I guess

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 10:59 PM
link   

a reply to: Tucket

Lol, I guess

If you can't give a quotient answer to the thread topic, go somewhere else.
tetra
happy memorial day, or not

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: tetra50

I did, I was one of the first to offer you some advice as a Christian who has lost my faith in the past.

I genuinely was hoping you would get some answers from the ATS community.

I'm not sure why you need to act like that, but no problem I'll show myself to the door.

Good luck, God Bless

posted on May, 26 2014 @ 11:10 PM
link   

I did, I was one of the first to offer you some advice as a Christian who has lost my faith in the past.

I genuinely was hoping you would get some answers from the ATS community.

I'm not sure why you need to act like that, but no problem I'll show myself to the door.

Good luck, God Bless

I sincerely apologize. I must have missed your response. I will look for it now. duly considered. apologies begged tp be accepted, please…..
l. tetra and good luck, god bless to you, too
please

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Some of you have asked why there is suffering in this world? Suffering is our greatest teacher, without it we would have trouble learning what it is God wants us to learn for ourselves.

Like Jesus himself said - It is harder for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven than a camel to pass through the eye of a needle.

In this World, death is a gift.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheProphetMark
Some of you have asked why there is suffering in this world? Suffering is our greatest teacher, without it we would have trouble learning what it is God wants us to learn for ourselves.

Like Jesus himself said - It is harder for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven than a camel to pass through the eye of a needle.

In this World, death is a gift.

the prophet Mark

thanks so much for caring enough to read and reply….

I wish more "christians" would read what I've written and reply to the intellectual, philosophical aspect of it…
but there you go/
tale care
Tetra

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I just linked this thread to my daughter. I am hoping she will chime in……
She is my hope and faith in this world. I realize that is a heavy burden to bear…..but I have hope that she is
starting out "awake" where most of us lived many years before we got to the "awake" stage., and then struggle with what to do with it,once we've arrived there.

Plus, perhaps she can assist me in elucidating what I mean about sacrifice, as I think, intellectually, it's a most important point, and despite my best efforts, has been missed, here.

Tetra
Thanks for all your heartfelt replies…..

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:51 AM
link   
The sacrificial part is something that is very obvious and very disturbing to a loving heart that knows the Highest Love and Goodness would do know such thing But faith is something that is natural to a person who goes within their heart to question why they're here from childhood, and real providence, foreknowing things, having help from Loved ones and Family/God/Creator, however we view this

But I'd like to share a real inner meaning look at the gnostic idea. In fact once you see the words, you start to question why you never noticed before. And when you seek for more understanding and bring these into prayer or reflection, new ways of seeing whole passages leap out at you And the positive message in them.

Actually these ones, and the others on the site.

www.spiritofthescripture.com...

Now aside from this, if the scriptures were based or anchored upon a real teacher or Buddha/Christ, and possibly more than one, then those who have assisted others, often are targeted and murdered, but still many choose to live without fear of reprisals but shine their gifts in any case, for they know they are safe within, that they're not meant to win the prizes here, but want to grow up and go home. So its not a willing sacrifice that is being made, but a Loving heart that is being displayed in a dangerous world run by criminals, that wishes to free others.

Here is a passage that often is missed in the days when one attends Church.

Genesis 32 30:

And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved.

Your third eye connection home, interesting passage but it also make you question on what authority do they choose to enforce these visions over all ours, and also, murder so many people throughout history.

This is a subjective personal experience.

The issue of faith does not relate to an institutional form of religion, but is something that is very strongly linked to inner seeking and the kind of daily miracles and observations that spring forth, experiencing presence, support, being uplifted in spirit and graced with knowledge and peace/wellbeing in ways that do not support materialist views. Its an inner journey in an outer world. We're supposed to bring our inner gifts out, so a like a star shining outwards, not collapsing inward with selfishness. Receiving within the waters of life, the living streams of connection to our greater soul and Source, the Christ and Creator Consciousness, and sharing these gifts with others. Or overcoming our own flaws and human weaknesses and sharing kindness with others and attempting to draw out the good around us.
edit on 27-5-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-5-2014 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   

I don't think it has been missed. You will simply find different interpretations of it. Those who hate Christ will make it seem grotesque, and those who are grotesque in Christ will make it seem lovely.

Sacrifice is exactly what it sounds like. Giving up something for the love of someone or something else. I see you have a daughter, so I hope you sacrificed for her in your day to day life. Sometimes it is difficult for us as people to sacrifice even 10 minutes of our time to others as we pass them on the street, no?

The vultures are already circling, and they want you to deny Jesus.

So before/if you do, ask yourself what He was willing to sacrifice. In the garden of Gethsemane, why was he so troubled? Could it be because He knew what was coming?

Why did he cry out on the cross as he suffered: "eli eli lama sabachthani!!!"

Strange thing to record in the new testament if the whole thing is nonsense...
edit on 27-5-2014 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

It seems to me that the whole concept of Jesus, having died "for our sins," is a psy ops (read: psychological operation) in cognitive therapy, behavioral therapy, of a sort, intended to shame us all into a certain way of life, or pay the price. - See more at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

You are spot on. Bullseye. (a sad term).

The "price" was concocted by men, to empower themselves over other men/women.

Thanks for posting this. S/F (I flagged both of your posts - could you ask a mod to delete the other one and migrate the responses over here? I don't know, but I think they can do that).....

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Look, this short time on earth is a learning experience. Be careful to put to much importance on your feelings about what this life should be. You are not your body. You are a soul that's currently occupying a body. This earthly word is ruled by Satan. Keep Jesus and His teachings close and do unto others...

I found your first response, and it was great advice. Thank you very much for that.
Tetra

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: tetra50
I've been a student of the Bible, the King James Version, for a very long time. Having said that, the more I've come to know and read scripture, the more separated from "faith" I have become.

I was raised on the belief that God is loving, forgiving, and wanted us to excel, love one another and procreate (multiply) and have faith in His goodness and the goodness in one another, that exists because we are of His image.

I have reached middle age having witnessed anything but what I described above.

Sure, we all see lots of ill in this world. But I want to focus upon the "Word" and what it tells us. My thinking is: perhaps the Bible, long before the council of Nicea, was changed. Perhaps it was even written and presented to us, to serve as a "meter," a test, for what we would and would not agree and comply with.

Abraham: and God's test to him to take his son to the top of the mount, having faith in His instructions, and kill his son, according to God's supposed word. What I described as "God" previously, would never ask that of a man, woman, parent….anyone.

Should I go on?

It seems to me that the whole concept of Jesus, having died "for our sins," is a psy ops (read: psychological operation) in cognitive therapy, behavioral therapy, of a sort, intended to shame us all into a certain way of life, or pay the price. The thing is, vice configured and vice presented, no matter your behavior, you will still be asked, demanded, to make the certain sacrifice.

In other words, it seems to me that the whole idea of a savior dying for all our sins, is to glorify the concept of sacrifice, so that sacrifice, whether it be on a witchcraft, Sam Fein level, or a Christian level, is the very same……
Presented with choices which aren't choices at all, but to tell the truth or lie about it, be successful in the lie, as the Devi owns this world and will reward you for supporting Him, it all ends in the same: the pit, death, suffering, etc.
And the Word, the Bible, only softens you up, so to speak, for that end…..

You can sacrifice your life for what you believe to be the truth, and die a painful death, as the Devil is in control, hereabouts. Or you can go along with Him, and suffer, anyway.

I am interested in the thoughts of others, and expect, especially, the Christian membership on this site, to flame away. Have at it.
The crux of what I am trying to get to, is the whole idea of "SACRIFICE." Is that really a good thing? Why should anyone die or pay for someone else's sins? Doesn't that create a "chain" of behavior whereby we are all mop heads, exchanging our identities, and everyone is "cleansed" by lying about who Christ is, thereby perpetuating the same horror over and over, and one individual paying for that over and over……

Tetra50

Beautifully spoken. Now I will go on to read the rest of the thread. And laugh.

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

Thanks for your beautifully expressed thoughts and beliefs, Unity99.
Take care.
Tetra

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Thanks for your reply,BuzzyWigs. I wish I didn't feel or see it this way, though, whether it's a crisis of faith, or a total loss of belief, more in the Bible and what I see of the world around me and the way it's used.
Tetra

posted on May, 27 2014 @ 09:23 PM
link   
a reply to: AfterInfinity
Thanks, AfterInfinity. Actually I found many of the responses both profound and beautiful. Hope you found that to be the case, as well.
Tetra

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 12:22 AM
link   

In other words, it seems to me that the whole idea of a savior dying for all our sins, is to glorify the concept of sacrifice, so that sacrifice, whether it be on a witchcraft, Sam Fein level, or a Christian level, is the very same……
Reading what the New Testament says on the subject very critically, it seems to be saying that upon his death, Jesus was presented as the representative of "sinful" flesh, basically, humanity as we know it in this world.
The crises point is a yes or no judgment on whether to bring him back to life or not.
So it is not like a lot of people think, that somehow Jesus was a sort of payment, since there is no evidence in the Bible itself that this is how the New Testament should be understood.

edit on 28-5-2014 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 28 2014 @ 08:45 AM
link   
a reply to: jmdewey60

Jesus was presented as the representative of "sinful" flesh, basically, humanity as we know it in this world.
The crises point is a yes or no judgment on whether to bring him back to life or not.

First, thanks jmdewey60, for your reply.
But why, when we are led to believe in scripture that he lived a "perfect life," (though I'm not necessarily agreeing with that either), would he be, in your words: "…. presented as the representative of "sinful" flesh, basically, humanity as we know it in this world?"
Thanks,
Tetra

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join