It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restaurant with 'No Weapons, No Concealed Firearms' Sign Robbed at Gunpoint

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: elephantstone
Is your society so screwed up that you have to carry lethal weapons just to go work?

Depends on where you are. When I lived and worked in Jacksonville, FL, I carried a gun to work every morning and every time I stepped out of the house. Here in SoCal, I don't feel I need one.

I keep hearing all the pro-control people squawking about how we don't need guns in a civilized society. Newsflash: We don't live in a civilized society.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Would you or anyone within this thread be willing to put this sign in front of your house?

There are other ways to defend yourself, I am a black belt in Karate, and own a 115 pound German Shepherd, and a 90 pound pitbull. Guns or no, the two dogs would seriously make someone think about breaking into my home.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   

a reply to: Onslaught2996

Same question to you. Would you post this sign in front of your house?

Of course I would. I am proud to say.. a weapon is not needed in order for my ability to protect myself of my family or to increase my bravery.

People who know me...know for a fact it would be an extremely bad move on someones part to f@$k with me or my family.

I live without a gun/weapon and am doing great, so for gun owners to make it seem like without a weapon..you are a victim is BS.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 07:34 PM
link   
My question for gun owners is this.....

How do you know who is a law abiding citizen when it comes to open carry?

Do you judge by color? By the way they dress? The way they look overall? Is it the eyes?

How would you know for a fact that the two guys that walked into the restaraunt with guns were not there to massacre them?

Would you just take the chance that they are not there to do damage?

Would you have your hand on your weapon, just in case?

If so...why? I thought you wanted a life where people walk into a business with guns should not be feared or judged?

See...you can't win..you are either vigilant against these guys, therefore going against everything you argue for by fearing a that those guns may do damage?

Or you don't fear them..and are prime targets for a possible massacre?

How do you decide who is the criminal and not the criminal?

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

Same question to you. Would you post this sign in front of your house?

Of course I would. I am proud to say.. a weapon is not needed in order for my ability to protect myself of my family or to increase my bravery.

People who know me...know for a fact it would be an extremely bad move on someones part to f@$k with me or my family.

I live without a gun/weapon and am doing great, so for gun owners to make it seem like without a weapon..you are a victim is BS.

OMG,

I smell the bravado from here, give us a break.

BTW, even if you are a cross between Bruce Lee and the Rock not everyone has your superior fighting skills. Did this person not deserve to protect herself? Link

Woman fends off violent home invader, KSAZ, Phoenix, Ariz. 05/06/14

Posted on May 12, 2014

A recently widowed woman was home alone in Phoenix, Ariz. when a man broke into her house through a back door. Once inside, the criminal attacked the woman with that may have been a garden tool. The woman responded by retrieving a gun and shooting the home invader, ending the attack.

Following the incident, Phoenix Police Spokesman Tommy Thompson told a local news outlet, “"I would say that anytime someone is in your house, they've assaulted you, broken into your house, and assaulted you, you would say she appears to have been in the right at this point.” (KSAZ, Phoenix, Ariz. 05/06/14)

edit on 23-5-2014 by whywhynot because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:14 PM
link   

See...you can't win..you are either vigilant against these guys, therefore going against everything you argue for by fearing a that those guns may do damage?

Fear and vigilance are two very different things. No Fear just vigilant and capable. Observe:

Fear

fear [feer] Show IPA
noun
a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid. Synonyms: foreboding, apprehension, consternation, dismay, dread, terror, fright, panic, horror, trepidation, qualm. Antonyms: courage, security, calm, intrepidity.
a specific instance of or propensity for such a feeling: an abnormal fear of heights. Synonyms: phobia, aversion; bête noire, bogy, bogey, bugbear. Antonyms: liking, fondness, penchant, predilection.
concern or anxiety; solicitude: a fear for someone's safety.
reverential awe, especially toward God: the fear of God. Synonyms: awe, respect, reverence, veneration.
something that causes feelings of dread or apprehension; something a person is afraid of: Cancer is a common fear.

Vigilance

vigilance   Use Vigilance in a sentence
vig·i·lance [vij-uh-luhns] Show IPA
noun
state or quality of being vigilant; watchfulness: Vigilance is required in the event of treachery.
Pathology , insomnia.
Origin:
1560–70; alteration ( -ance for -ancy) of obsolete vigilancy < Latin vigilantia; see vigilant, -ancy

Related forms
hy·per·vig·i·lance, noun
non·vig·i·lance, noun
pre·vig·i·lance, noun
su·per·vig·i·lance, noun

Synonyms
1. alertness, attention, heedfulness, concern, care.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:20 PM
link   
a reply to: whywhynot

I have no problem with people owning guns, I have no problem with concealed carry, I have no problem with open carry of hand guns, but would someone please explain to me why people need to open carry long guns.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
OMG,

Not braggin, not bravado..simpley stating facts..

If it somehow makes you feel like less of a man..not my fault.(If your a woman..oops) I take pride in the fact that my family know, that no matter what..weapon or not...I will protect them.

Gun owners make it sound like without a weapon...they would be helpless..that should scare thier families more than any criminal..that their safety depends on whether or not their protector is armed or not.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

fear [feer] Show IPA
noun
a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid. Synonyms: foreboding, apprehension, consternation, dismay, dread, terror, fright, panic, horror, trepidation, qualm. Antonyms: courage, security, calm, intrepidity.

That sounds an awful lot like gun owners..

They seem to be afraid of threats whether real or imagined.

Listen if guns make you feel safe, have fun with your false sense of security. Me on the other hand..know I am always safe...weapon or not. I don't feel the need to walk around with a weapon that makes feel braver than without one.
edit on 23-5-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

OMG,

Not braggin, not bravado..simpley stating facts..

If it somehow makes you feel like less of a man..not my fault.(If your a woman..oops) I take pride in the fact that my family know, that no matter what..weapon or not...I will protect them.

Gun owners make it sound like without a weapon...they would be helpless..that should scare thier families more than any criminal..that their safety depends on whether or not their protector is armed or not.

I don't know that I take pride in it, but yeah my family knows the same thing. I will agree with you about some gun owners, but then again, I know some very responsible gun owners.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   

fear [feer] noun 1. a distressing emotion aroused by impending danger, evil, pain, etc., whether the threat is real or imagined; the feeling or condition of being afraid. Synonyms: foreboding, apprehension, consternation, dismay, dread, terror, fright, panic, horror, trepidation, qualm. Antonyms: courage, security, calm, intrepidity.

That sounds an awful lot like gun owners..

They seem to be afraid of threats whether real or imagined.

Listen if guns make you feel safe, have fun with your false sense of security. Me on the other hand..know I am always safe...weapon or not. I don't feel the need to walk around with a weapon that makes me feel braver than without one.
edit on 23-5-2014 by Onslaught2996 because: Previous post was acting crazy

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Your reply is just too funny for words. Thanks for playing.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   
I don't know why this has become such a gun/anti-gun thread.

The criminal element will always go towards the path of least resistance.

If banks didn't have steel and iron vaults, people would easily rob banks.
If we didn't have locks on doors, criminals would take advantage and rob houses.
If we have zones established where people are specifically denied weapons, criminals will go there before attempting to steal from places where people are armed.

It's common sense people!

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Oh, I like easy questions! The guys that came in to rob the place were clearly the criminals. People who go through concealed and carry courses go through a process to obtain that permit legally. Criminals don't.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
I don't know why this has become such a gun/anti-gun thread.

The criminal element will always go towards the path of least resistance.

If banks didn't have steel and iron vaults, people would easily rob banks.
If we didn't have locks on doors, criminals would take advantage and rob houses.
If we have zones established where people are specifically denied weapons, criminals will go there before attempting to steal from places where people are armed.

It's common sense people!

I am going to agree with you on this one Beez, but no one still has an answer on why open carry on long guns. Seriously they scare the feces out of the common man.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: BubbaJoe

When I lived in Connecticut, open-carry to some people I knew was barbaric.

Now that I live in North Dakota, it is as common as wearing a hat.

There will never be uniformity throughout a population.

Different cultural sub-groups, different environments, different backgrounds, different upbringing creates a poor environment for a one-size-fits-all society.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofsheba

Oh, I like easy questions! The guys that came in to rob the place were clearly the criminals. People who go through concealed and carry courses go through a process to obtain that permit legally. Criminals don't.

And how would you know who did what?

How can you tell which person went through all the legal mumbo jumbo and which ones didn't?

Explain how you can tell the difference just on sight? Two people walking the street, one legal carry and one not...which one is the criminal and which one isn't? Remember not one of them is committing a crime at the moment just carrying a weapon.

Read the question a little better before answering..

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: queenofsheba

By the way..in my question no crime has been committed yet just walking towards the restaraunt..etc..with a gun.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   
A friend of mine who carries, "If those two d-bags walked into a place I was sitting, the safety would be off, and the weapon would be in my hand" in response to the Texas Chipolte deal. While I seriously support the second ammendment, idiots with guns do not support the 2A.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join