It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restaurant with 'No Weapons, No Concealed Firearms' Sign Robbed at Gunpoint

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Ironic article and that goes to show that feel good laws don't stop crime. Even jewelers in the "gun free" Netherlands are petitioning to have the right to keep guns to protect themselves from armed criminals.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc
Ironic article and that goes to show that feel good laws don't stop crime. Even jewelers in the "gun free" Netherlands are petitioning to have the right to keep guns to protect themselves from armed criminals.

Doc, how dare you use facts? Especially where others take the opportunity to bash us? The nerve of you.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: ForteanOrg
In my part of Europe such signs would be a statement of the obvious. Of course the owner of the restaurant where I take my wife and children does not have a gun concealed under the counter. The danged thing might go off, killing somebody.

How does a firearm 'just go off'? What type of experience do you have with firearms and what makes you think that they 'just go off'?

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: ForteanOrg
In my part of Europe such signs would be a statement of the obvious. Of course the owner of the restaurant where I take my wife and children does not have a gun concealed under the counter. The danged thing might go off, killing somebody.

How does a firearm 'just go off'? What type of experience do you have with firearms and what makes you think that they 'just go off'?

They don't. It is a leftist talking point that is used by people who fear what they do not understand.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You must have never heard the term P.F.M.

This is the statement that is made from those that are not educated to something and have been brought up to fear the same item.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

You must have never heard the term P.F.M.

This is the statement that is made from those that are not educated to something and have been brought up to fear the same item.

Associated terms are AM and FM. A Miracle and Fing Magic. Terms created for fabrication and ignorance.
edit on 5231414 by rockflier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Onslaught2996

originally posted by: rockflier

I have to ask. Do you fear weapons?

Always funny when a gun owner asks this question..when it is they, who seems to live in constant fear the boogy man is out to get them around every corner..

Actually, we don't live in fear because we are armed. Most people can figure that out.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: MCJustJ
Unless everyone working there had a gun I wouldn't really feel comfortable with 1 person pulling a gun on 3 criminals. Might just get us all killed.

You're right, it is much better to die like a good victim rather than fight for your life. Oh, well what if the robber doesn't intend to shoot you, yeah? What if he DOES? You cannot read minds.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 11:58 AM
link   
To our UK friends who are so quick to accuse the US of violence and demand that we ban all guns, consider this.

SOURCE

" There are over 2,000 violent crimes recorded per 100,000 population in the U.K., making it the most violent place in Europe. Austria is second, with a rate of 1,677 per 100,000 people, followed by Sweden, Belgium, Finland and Holland. By comparison, America has an estimated rate of 466 violent crimes per 100,000.

Think gun ownership has no impact on violent crime?

edit on 5231414 by rockflier because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JohnnyCanuck

originally posted by: whywhynot
Or, perhaps the joke teller just wasn't that funny!
Well, in this case, I wasn't joking!! Thanks for helping to make my point, though.

It sounded like a huge joke to me, guess it wasn't that funny, eh.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

I sure hope these guys don't start a trend robbing all the anti gun locations. It's easy pickings for them, but it will make the anti-gunners look a bit silly.

There is a word for this kind of story. It starts with Iro...something. Oh well, I forgot.

actually this is not ironic.

This is tragic

irony would be if they did have guns and used them to defend themselves in spite of claiming they were peaceful and didn't need guns due to past robberies.

www.dailywritingtips.com...

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Yup, you advertise there is absolutely no guns in there, and you may as well just plan on the bad guys rolling in and taking whatever you've got.

LAW ABIDING CITIZENS ARE NOT A THREAT TO YOU OR YOUR PATRONS.

It's the criminals, you know, the ones who ignore/don't follow the laws that are the problem here....

Wonder if their policy will change...

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:54 PM
link   
True story I live in an apartment complex in downtown Mesa Arizona. Not the worst city in the world but still not Beverly hills. I went to work one morning and came home to find all of my neighbors two of them to my left and one to my right all had there doors kicked in and there houses robbed. Nobody was home in any of our houses at the time so the police assumed they were knocking on doors and if nobody answered they would kick it in and rob the place blind. My Apartment was not robbed the reason. I have a sign on my front door that says...I DONT DIAL 911. With a picture of a gun pointed at your head. Even the police said that was probably the reason they didnt even attempt to enter my home.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Is your society so screwed up that you have to carry lethal weapons just to go work?

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: elephantstone

I do not believe the gentleman said he had taken his firearm to work. I read his post as saying he had the sign posted on his domicile. Big difference.
Cheers
edit on 5231414 by rockflier because: spelling

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Guess so.

Must be that we don't live in the same Utopia as you.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

I do carry a firearm at all times but thats not the point here the point is criminals decided not to try and rob my home because they were scared I would of shot them if they entered. But anytime you enter a home in AZ uninvited your rolling the dice. We are all strapped around here.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 03:08 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

As are your neighbors across the Colorado River to the northwest.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: macman
Banks are the exception to the rule. The potentially large score from robbing a bank outweighs the danger of the armed guards. If I were to go rogue, yep, I would be hitting banks and or armored cars for sure.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I gotta give the criminal credit for being able to read, and being ingenious enough to understand with such an idioticly posted sign, NO ONE COULD CHALLENGE THEM!!!!

Sorry, but the crook outsmarted the business owner...

I

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join