It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restaurant with 'No Weapons, No Concealed Firearms' Sign Robbed at Gunpoint

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

originally posted by: network dude
If you saw a store with an Guns welcome sign, would you assume someone in that store, might have a weapon?

Maybe. But I wouldn't know WHO had guns... And I wouldn't shop there. Doing research on this story, I saw many people say how uncomfortable they were when walking into a restaurant to see people with guns.

LOL, that's the idea. If you don't know who has one, and who doesn't, it's best to assume they all do and act accordingly.

Not many doughnut stores get robbed. Why is that?

Glad I didn't have a mouthful of drink when I read that one!

I'd rather be someplace a person can carry than someplace only the criminals can.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Can't win for trying I guess.I can't help but think this no guns sign made them a target unfortunately.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
I know the vast majority of gun control laws do nothing, because they only hurt responsible citizens. The focus needs to be on making guns harder to get for those we all agree should not have them.

Sort of an impossible task, but blaming those who wish to have no guns in their environment isn't the answer.

~Tenth

Lets say the focus is on making guns harder for criminals to get...how would one go about that without simultaneously making it harder for non-criminals to get???...or even worse turning non-criminals INTO criminals with the stroke of a pen?

It is like you said...a sort of impossible task...and I don't think its as much blaming someone for being robbed as a legitimate lack of sympathy for those completely unwilling to protect themselves, their employees, and their customers because of some sacrificial moral code or political stance.

I mean how much sympathy would you have for a corporate CEO getting robbed blind decked to the halls in jewels rolling around in Compton in his Lexus?? The first thing you would probably do is question his mental faculties and sense of awareness...

Don't get me wrong...he has ALL the right and freedom in the world to roll through Compton...but there is a huge risk in that endeavor...and when the most probable thing happens...its really hard to have sympathy.

Criminals as it has been said to death...don't function in a world built with LAWS.

Those who don't follow the laws will find a way around them...and those who do follow the laws don't need them.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 01:26 AM
link   
RT covered the story but as much I love the alternative news service that they provide they are pro gun control which is very disappointing.

RT Gun Free Restaurant Article

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 03:47 AM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

Advertising a "Gun free zone".. Americans, you gotta love 'em. In my part of Europe such signs would be a statement of the obvious. Of course the owner of the restaurant where I take my wife and children does not have a gun concealed under the counter. The danged thing might go off, killing somebody. That would ruin my evening especially if it was me or one of my dear ones that got hit.

Advocating use of weapons to cure weapon related violence is like being in favor of the death penalty to cure murder: invariably the cure is part of the cancer. Yes, gun-lovers, you are right: in countries where strict gun control is in place - like mine - we still lhave criminals that have guns and rob people. But we don't have the thousands of fire-arm related accidents here, we don't have that culture of shoot-than-ask that seems to be typical for American "culture". My son has never seen a real gun in his life and I hope he never has to see one either, let alone USE one. They are nasty, people get killed using them. We should try to abolish their use, not stimulate it.

A gun not made can not be owned, can not be fired, can not kill. It's that simple.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 04:38 AM
link   
Like everyone else on this page, I am shocked that criminals did not follow the rules. Wow, who saw that coming....

What are the odds, that the guy leaves up the sign? If he does will he carry a gun while saying no guns? That would the mindset of you cannot have guns but the entity in charge can....

That politicians think that a sign protects people is sooo foolish but the bigger issue is
As old Ben Kanobi said,
Who's the more foolish? the fool, or the fool who follows him?

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Well the obvious problem was there wasn't a no gun sign on the back door. If there was, I am sure the criminals would have obeyed such a rule, and robbed a different fine establishment.

Karma's a bitch.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: whywhynot
Or, perhaps the joke teller just wasn't that funny!
Well, in this case, I wasn't joking!! Thanks for helping to make my point, though.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 06:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

So are we supposed to assume that if they didn't have that sign they wouldn't have been robbed?

No, but you could assume if the sign said "All workers trained in and may be carrying firearms" criminals would move on and target the next "gun free" place they came across.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit

originally posted by: roadgravel
The problem is that illegal guns are the easiest to get. Just pay some money. All the red tape and hoops to prevent a criminal from buying a gun doesn't work because the criminal system of gun distribution doesn't use them.

I disagree. I am a law-abiding citizen, I know no criminals, and I would not know the first place to go to buy an "illegal gun", which by the way is another liberal semantic construct to associate "guns" with "illegal", like "gun violence".

"Illegal" guns are easy to get, just so long as you're willing to stop being a law-abiding citizen and get to know some criminals.

Being law-abiding and associating with criminals doesn't go together too well.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman

originally posted by: Onslaught2996
Thieves take $70k in guns during robbery at gun store

Not too mention all the robberies of banks with armed guards. So tell us again..how guns stop anything..

I guess you didn't read your article you used.

The store was robbed just before 5am. There were no armed employees on premise.

Since gun-grabbers are so fond of nonsense like "it just went off!" it stands to reason they would also believe guns can defend themselves. So when the thieves broke in at 5AM in the grabbers mind what should have happened is a recreation of the Fantasia scene with Mickey and mops except it would have been the guns dancing around and defending themselves.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

So is that the alternative? Having a sign that says all workers may be trained and carrying? Fun world we live in where that's necessary to detract armed criminals....

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   
On the other hand:

Clerks shoots robber "Beware of Owner" sign posted in window

After Jawad got his pistol and permit in April he posted signs in front of the counter to inform customers—and anyone up to no good—that someone who works at the store had a gun.

“I guess he didn’t read it well,” Jawad said, chuckling.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

I know you are just quoting the article, but you can't "rob" a store. Those guys burglarized an unoccupied store.

Seeing that most gun store employees open carry while at work, I think the reason is obvious as to why they did this when it was closed.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
There it is. Imagine a world where neighborhoods have the same sign out. Gun free zone. What an advertisement. "Lets rob this bitch. They no guns here."

And that is exactly what gun control is designed to achieve… produce more crime thus justifying more police measures in order to "stop the crime".

The path to their Utopia is littered with our bodies.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: masqua

Individual rights, huh?

Yes, I guess that I am the old fart in the room that still believes we have individual rights.
And some documents created that protect them.

There's laws that tell you to have a drivers licence and insurance if you drive a car.

There is no right to drive.

There's laws that you have to be registered upon birth and have a birth certificate.

No, that is if you want to work within society.

So... you saying that it's OK for everyone to have to carry those items, but 'freedom' means you shouldn't have a sidearm issued at age 14?

OK

I never said it was okay. Your working on the "Macman hates kittens" style. Since I have never come out to say I like kittens, I therefore hate them.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Onslaught2996

Same question to you. Would you post this sign in front of your house?

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

That's nice. And thanks for sharing.

Too bad every country should be focusing on its own problems, instead of worrying about what is happening in other countries.

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

And with this, the MDA claimed a false victory. Imagine that, lies from the MDA and the mouthpiece of Bloomberg.
Yes, MDA sent a letter to Chipotle about this and claim they forced Chipotle to make a change in their stance.

Where as the law in regards to that picture states, that any business that serves alcohol, can't allow firearms.

So.......

There is still a right, and the right can be exercised. Just because some "feels" scared, doesn't remove the ability to exercise said right.

edit on 23-5-2014 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: macman
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Too bad every country should be focusing on its own problems, instead of worrying about what is happening in other countries.

Macman, I dare guess I am probably older than you. I have noticed that some of the loudest critics come from countries other than the US. I have to laugh at the UK critics. They seem to forget that the fact of owning weapons led to our breaking away from the King. They should let us live our lives in this country as we see fit instead of trying to tell us how we should live. As you said "Too bad every country should be focusing on its own problems, instead of worrying about what is happening in other countries."

It would be easy for us to pick out a given country and pick it to shreds as other countrymen are doing to us. However, I see that only the US is open for criticism in most cases. Not all, but most.
edit on 5231414 by rockflier because: (no reason given)

edit on 5231414 by rockflier because: changed word

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join