It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Restaurant with 'No Weapons, No Concealed Firearms' Sign Robbed at Gunpoint

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+37 more 
posted on May, 22 2014 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Click the linky. DO IT.

(Source above)

Gunsnfreedom.com published a photograph of the sign on May 21, making "The Pit" restaurant a self-declared gun free zone--the same kind of zone Michael Bloomberg and Moms Demand Action for Gun Sense in America pressure other restaurants into becoming. According to Durham's ABC 11, around 9 PM "three men wearing hoodies entered the restaurant through the back doors with pistols, and forced several staff members to lie on the floor." The armed men "also assaulted two employees during the crime."

Do I really need to elaborate? This is what happens. I am confidant you will not see CNN, MSNBC or HuffPo running this story.

+39 more 
posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ScientiaFortisDefendit

They should have made the sign bigger, and in many different languages.....and put the words in red with underlining.

Does anyone know if the workers pointed out the sign to the criminals?

+4 more 
link   

you hit the nail on the head...it was only a matter of time before they were hit....talk about sitting ducks...I am sorry for what the employees went through, can they sue?? that place might as well have painted a big bullseye on the front of the building.

+15 more 
link   

I sure hope these guys don't start a trend robbing all the anti gun locations. It's easy pickings for them, but it will make the anti-gunners look a bit silly.

There is a word for this kind of story. It starts with Iro...something. Oh well, I forgot.

+8 more 
posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:02 PM
link   

So are we supposed to assume that if they didn't have that sign they wouldn't have been robbed?

+6 more 
posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
So the prevailing wisdom here is that if you want to have a gun free environment, you're being an idiot because some ahole with a gun WILL eventually come in and shoot the place up?

Sounds a bit circular if you ask me.

Isn't the problem that criminals can get guns illegally in the first place? Which is true because of the AMOUNT of guns currently in distribution?

I know the vast majority of gun control laws do nothing, because they only hurt responsible citizens. The focus needs to be on making guns harder to get for those we all agree should not have them.

Sort of an impossible task, but blaming those who wish to have no guns in their environment isn't the answer.

~Tenth

+16 more 
posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Gun Free Zones are a 100% OSHA Approved safe working environment for spree killers and criminals of all varieties. It's even helpfully posted on a wall or door to let that segment of society know they need not fear work related injury in that business.

Oh..erm...not a good thing, huh?

+17 more 
posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

So are we supposed to assume that if they didn't have that sign they wouldn't have been robbed?

It's quite possible. If I were a criminal, I would much rather rob a "gun free" establishment over another that may have patrons with concealed weapons.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman

They should have made the sign bigger, and in many different languages.....and put the words in red with underlining.

Does anyone know if the workers pointed out the sign to the criminals?

You put a big ass smile on my face.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Kind of like getting served while wearing no shoes and no shirt in a "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service" restaurant. And just because the sign says 'no firearms' doesn't mean the clerks aren't packing a shot-gun behind the counter.

+4 more 
posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

I'd say that robbery may still have happened, but if I was a criminal and considering knocking over a joint. If I saw a sign on the window of one of the places I was casing that said "gun free zone" or some such, I'd probably move that place up to the top of my list of places to hit.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   
The problem is that illegal guns are the easiest to get. Just pay some money. All the red tape and hoops to prevent a criminal from buying a gun doesn't work because the criminal system of gun distribution doesn't use them.

+7 more 
posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:12 PM
link   
There's only one recourse.

Train everyone above the age of 5yo ( from kindergarden on) to the use of handguns and legislate every American citizen above the age of 14 to 'open carry' a firearm.

8 years of training should suffice to separate the law abiding wheat from the criminal chaff.
edit on 22/5/14 by masqua because: (no reason given)

+6 more 
posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: tothetenthpower
So the prevailing wisdom here is that if you want to have a gun free environment, you're being an idiot because some ahole with a gun WILL eventually come in and shoot the place up?

Sounds a bit circular if you ask me.

Isn't the problem that criminals can get guns illegally in the first place? Which is true because of the AMOUNT of guns currently in distribution?

I know the vast majority of gun control laws do nothing, because they only hurt responsible citizens. The focus needs to be on making guns harder to get for those we all agree should not have them.

Sort of an impossible task, but blaming those who wish to have no guns in their environment isn't the answer.

~Tenth

The problem with your argument is that when you say guns should not be in the hands of the people "we" all agree shouldn't have them, you are really saying "the government", and as you know, the government does not work for "we" any more. They work for themselves and the bankers.

So how, then? "Mental illness" can be defined with a pretty broad brush. Anyone who expresses transient suicidal thoughts with their therapist or is being treated for depression? How far are "we" willing to allow the government to dictate who should or should not have guns?

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537
I would have to say no. But I would think that having that sign was most definitely an "advertisement" for criminals.

So the lesson here should be, If you want to be a gun free zone, that is your right, but it may not be the smartest move to advertise that fact.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: roadgravel
The problem is that illegal guns are the easiest to get. Just pay some money. All the red tape and hoops to prevent a criminal from buying a gun doesn't work because the criminal system of gun distribution doesn't use them.

I disagree. I am a law-abiding citizen, I know no criminals, and I would not know the first place to go to buy an "illegal gun", which by the way is another liberal semantic construct to associate "guns" with "illegal", like "gun violence".

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

Kind of like getting served while wearing no shoes and no shirt in a "No Shirt, No Shoes, No Service" restaurant. And just because the sign says 'no firearms' doesn't mean the clerks aren't packing a shot-gun behind the counter.

Yeah, nothing like that.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   

If you know a drug dealer (especially a convicted felon), you probably have access to a network to obtain an illegal firearm. You just don't realize it. While the dealer may not be able to directly help you, he may be able to get you in contact with someone who does. I personally don't know any illegal gun dealers, but I do know dealers who are felons so I imagine that I could obtain an illegal one if I wanted to. Not that I want to, I'm not a felon so when I buy guns I can still do it legally. By the way, if you think you don't know a drug dealer, you are probably wrong. You'd be surprised who is and isn't involved in the black market.
edit on 22-5-2014 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientiaFortisDefendit

originally posted by: roadgravel

I disagree. I am a law-abiding citizen, I know no criminals, and I would not know the first place to go to buy an "illegal gun", which by the way is another liberal semantic construct to associate "guns" with "illegal", like "gun violence".

If you were into crime, I am pretty certain you would know how to get access. If I have never been to your city I wouldn't know where to buy a cup of coffee either.

Feel free to believe it works that way for the bad guys though.

posted on May, 22 2014 @ 02:23 PM
link   
So? It happens. Every day.

Some people are just strangely and almost chldishly really, really proud of themselves when they can see irony or correlation in things, as if they want a pat on the head or a treat or something.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join